Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Infamous Sphere posted:

There's only really two consistent criticisms I'd have with the new NC. One is the fact that whenever he starts the review and says "helloooooooo, I'm the Nostalgia Critic", he wobbles his head around like one of those bobble-head figurines, for no reason at all. For some reason it really bothers me.

He's been doing it since basically the beginning. It's gotten exaggerated over time, but what has he done that hasn't. I saw him mention that in one of the commentaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The end of days cometh.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So Doug is counting down his top 10 favorite characters in 10 videos. I like the 10 video concept because it lets us mull over each choice individually for more than the 5 second interlude.
#10: Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV

I guess he did write those parts himself. I always thought they were ad-libbed and/or ghostwritten.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Doug's #9: Doc Holiday

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Doug's #8: Miles and Jack from Sideways.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I do have to side with people who say "Game Grumps shouldn't count for this," because it did inevitably lead to Spoony-length derails in the other thread and they aren't Internet Critics as the Game Grumps.

That said, Doug's #6: Marv from Sin City. Good luck guessing based on the shadow.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The general consensus is "watch the multiplayer games but not the single player games." I watched them all play Mario Party and that was fun.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
(Blip Mirror because TGWTG is down right now
Doug's #4 character: Ed Wood.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Nash has been releasing his Q&As from his 2 day megastream. It's edited but...

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

cubs2084 posted:

What happened to Luke Mochire? He kind of vanished. Did he quit the reviewing game?

He's had long hiatuses before. Just assume it's that.

Doug's #3: Mrs. Brisby

Saw this one coming. He's mentioned liking Secret of NIHM before.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Suede reviews Mewtwo Returns.
He ended the Pokemon 3 video on a cliffhanger, but he had to add this in...

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Try these exceptions, they seem to be the blip ones.
Alternatively just right click the filters on adblock
@@||ads.static.blip.tv/crossdomain.xml$object-subrequest
@@||blip.cdn2.auditude.com/crossdomain.xml

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I just saw Linkara's ad video (I somehow missed the forum post) and wow, yeah, that's very reasonable. I just whitelisted blip because I mostly watch their videos on blip as opposed to TGWTG or their personal sites.

Edit: Also when I saw the eSults thing I thought it was going to be a pay thing where you could pay them like $5 for a personalized insult against someone. Which would've been the exact opposite of what it ACTUALLY is.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 24, 2013

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Speaking of making money off the internet: Suede is making a short film about a Toaster and is doing a NZ version of a Kickstarter for it. I dropped $5 (after conversion $4.05) because it looks interesting

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Leelee posted:

...I also saw it in the theater. I don't know why. I was enraged the entire time. DATA FARTS should be the real title of the movie.

Excuse me, as he said, it was evil Data.
Lore Farts. Duh.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rebochan posted:

...so that movie got me wondering if Brent Spiner has managed to do anything respectable outside of Star Trek...just, something to make it less depressing that he was in this movie.

He was in Warehouse 13 as a villain in the first half of season 4, and does a lot of voice work nowadays. So kinda.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I was running through SFDebris's Madoka thing, and it's interesting seeing it analyzed like that. I rewatched his episode 10 summary a few times because I really liked it. It's worth a watch if you are even tangentially interested in Madoka Magica

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I watch Nash's stuff every week. If I wasn't a wrasslin fan I'd probably also watch his show live.

If you're reading this, Nash, thanks for being consistently entertaining.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Snob, MikeJ, Welshy, and The Sci-Fi Guy's came out today. Haven't watched them yet, I'm going to watch them all when the last one comes out.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh man, I wish I had been around to see that. The highlight reel was great, but drat.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
They tried to get Linkara to do one but he was busy with stuff apparently.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm watching it now. It's great. Loved Brentalfloss's part. Also, I mostly liked the musical, though I did spend about a week and a half laughing about Javert's head cold afterwards.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Stall_19 posted:

Part two of Jesuotaku's round one of the summer anime derby.

http://blip.tv/jesuotaku/anime-derby-summer-season-2013-r1p2-6638839

Now to pray to Satan that round two comes out in a reasonable timeframe.

Bit sad that Stella Women's Academy was dropped, even if I understand why, because episode 4 is the most batshit insane thing I've seen out of Gainax in forever.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
In order to learn how to shoot, Sonora(blue haired girl) and... another club member whose name I forget... take her to a shooting range. She stays behind afterwards and meets an ancient Japanese spirit of a nameless samurai who died young. He gives her his name, and the two of them go back in time to the battle where he died to help her learn to shoot. Third club member goes to find her and notices this too. She then shoots an arrow that was the one that killed him out of the sky. The next day, she finds out that he now died as an old man.

The next two episodes are a beach episode and a school festival episode. Then it becomes Spec Ops: The Anime. The thing is not mentioned again.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
People in the ADTRW thread have pointed out Yura's downspiraling sanity, as she swiftly becomes THAT GUY as being similar to the protagonist of Spec Ops: The Line
E: sent you a PM with a picture that shows it better than I can say, as I have no interest in Spec Ops: the Line

Senerio fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 7, 2013

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Stall_19 posted:

All that for an airsoft game? :psyduck:

None of that was Sonora's intention. It just... happened. Apparently the writer of that episode is back for the season finale so... maybe it'll lead to something? I dunno.

Because Awful.app is weird (said I sent a PM but because you don't accept PMs nothing happened), here's an image showing Yura's change over time.
Pseudo-spoilers.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 8, 2013

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I mean, I don't disagree with JO's opinion or anything, but I find it curious that she'd overlook Mikasa's flaws in favour of promoting her strengths, since in my mind, a character can't truly be well rounded if they don't have a flaw of some kind.

If you really like a character it's hard to point out flaws with them. I have that trouble with Yomiko Readman, who I consider one of the strongest characters I've seen in anime. (I know that there are a bunch that are probably better written but I like her more)

quote:

... okay, to be honest, I'm not really finding the idea of Spec Ops: The Moe a super good idea at all, but that spoilered bit is pretty out there so I think I'm interested enough to give this a shot.

It's pretty good. Not great, nowhere near the anime-of-the-season that is Gatchaman CROWDS, but I'd say worth a watch if the summary seemed interesting. I only really covered the most important bits of that story.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 8, 2013

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
He accidentally missed some boobs in the cut so he's rerendering it. Then he's doing an editorial. I can't wait.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

cubs2084 posted:

What are you talking about? That's the link to his old show trailer, and no mention of such a thing was made.

http://blip.tv/brows-held-high/why-i-hate-the-word-arthouse-6671094 try this link.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The worst Christmas Special Ever Made.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I remember one time, I suggested a game to JewWario over Youtube, and he took the time out to respond. He probably got hundreds of those a day, and he still took the time to read and respond to mine.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

achillesforever6 posted:

Anyone watching the commentaries Doug is releasing? His Wickerman one is pretty good

I watched the Les Mis one. He got Paw and Oancitizen in for that one. I liked that one. Gonna watch The Room in a bit.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah. If they wanted him to continue watching anime this was probably the wrong anime to suggest to him.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I use adblock plus because of talking annoying obtrusive ads that can have spyware and poo poo in them. For blip, I turn it off for the videos because I tend to actually watch videos there. That said, if I never hear Perfect Day again, it will be too soon.

e: Oh, I removed the bit where I said I knew it was a jerk thing to do.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 6, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I tried to get into RLM, but I never really could. I watched a few of their things, including ones people said were can't miss, and they were funny, but I never really got interested enough to watch the rest of their stuff.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I actually kinda like the rocket heels, simply because they actually do something, as opposed to the heels in Other M. Like, I'd prefer if it was just plain rocket boots, but I do like that they took something terrible for combat and just for aesthetic purposes and made it terrible for combat but functional.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I have to agree with all the compliments. I enjoyed the episode and cannot wait for part 2.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Link seriously, I never play as Link anymore cause both Zelda and Sheik are the two most fun characters to play as by a mile.

I play as Link... using Lana's Summoning Gate.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

cubs2084 posted:

I applaud his enthusiasm. He clearly has fun doing what he's doing, unlike some of the grumpy reviewers out there. But I don't know who Blockbuster Buster's audience is. It certainly isn't me. I DO like Linkara, but their last crossover reminded me why I like him and not BB.

I really like Blockbuster Buster when he's not going all out with his character. His Darkwing Duck and Buffy reviews are just him talking about the shows and why he loves them and they're great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's a shame, too, because the dub theme was pretty good. (Thanks JO; saw it in your thing on dub themes, which is still up there in my favorite of yer videos)

• Locked thread