Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I know it's a bit late, but I kind of liked the Catwoman review. Doug's review style has definitely improved and the vignettes didn't seem too silly or out-of place. I do have a complaint about the "cat-related pun!" joke, as it was really telegraphed so far out, which makes meta-humour less funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I got pretty sick of the UPS Logistics song after a couple of videos. I wonder how many people think it was something UPS made up and That's Amore never existed?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

And, for me at least, it was the same 3 US Navy ads over and over.

Could be worse, it could be the unrelenting sound of "That's logistics!"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

GameChild is pretty good. Actually reaches that happy medium of making fun of things but not being insufferable.

Also, the opening theme. :allears:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I'm watching Bennett's 20 Worst Songs list and I loved him including that creepy dude from YouTube while talking about Bryan Adams. :allears:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Ema Nymton posted:

I'm impressed at how professional Ashens and the Quest for the GameChild is. It's probably the most legitimate-looking original film I've seen on TGWTG.

Pretty much because Ashens wanted to make it as professional as possible on a $150,000 budget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoTZe6mcgic

And yes, the GameChild exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d49oW0jVXUc

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Personally, I couldn't see Cloud Atlas being done by anyone other than the Wachowskis, in particular Lana. When she publicly came out last year, several people went into The Matrix to see if her transness led to some themes in the script. Even if you don't buy the trans allegory, both The Matrix and Cloud Atlas are both very into the psychology of identity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Mutation posted:

For another guy angrily yelling about videogames, corporate greed, and sexism, Jim Sterling's Jimquisition series is pretty good too.

The downside is that it's on The Escapist, so uh, yeah.

The one thing I hate about the Escapist more than anything is making HTML5 video a premium. Try to avoid watching video on my laptop if I can help it. :argh:

• Locked thread