Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
There's a new Counter Monkey up, only on YT for now though, he doesn't seem to have updated his site.

The Jedi Hunter.

Edit: How to be a Glorious rear end in a top hat in Star Wars.

Another Person fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
There is some more Creepy, Obsessive Nerdlove for those of you who like MrBtongue, this time about Planescape: Torment. I wish he would do these in slightly longer episodes, as it feels as though he said nothing this time, which is a shame really. He wasted like two minutes asking about the Germans, which I feel, went nowhere fast.

However, I would like to see him do the full ME commentary he mentions at the end. I never had enough patience for the series, so, who knows, he might give me motivation to play through them.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

miscellaneous14 posted:

If you liked the Grant Kirkhope guest episode of Game Grumps, it's worth pointing out that some of the original Rare devs are currently doing an LP of Conker's Bad Fur Day. Here's the first video. They talk pretty extensively about the development of the whole thing, and are even more raunchy than Grant. Definitely worth watching.

In the same vein as the developer commentaries presented here, there is this youtube channel, which features two ex-Insomniac staff who worked as junior developers on Ratchet and Clank 2 & 3, named Tony Garcia, who now works at Double Fine, and Mike Stout, who now works at Activision on the Skylanders series. They play through the second and third games (terribly) and reminisce about their time working at Insomniac on the games, offering insight into design decisions, hidden game systems (the bolt calculation one is good) and office stories.

It is actually a really good series, well worth the watch if you liked the R&C games. They say that when they get free time, they may make more on the next game (Deadlocked) or the first game. I hope they get around to it.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Spoony is starting to look more and more like Gollum as the series goes on

• Locked thread