Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Is the Meta-humor in this episode the fact that the dumb gratuitous gags take from overall experience and that too much is crammed in overall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

achillesforever6 posted:

Sam Neil is also a really good actor who never really got into a big hit after Jurassic Park, he was awesome as Merlin though.

He did a really great job in the Simpsons because it's not "Hey it's Sam Neil".

He's also done a tonne of Horror films that I now want to watch, more than just Event Horizon.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That best of the worst vid from a couple of pages is incredible. R.O.T.O.R is the best film ever.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Violen posted:

It's kind of wonderful to me how quickly Best of the Worst has become my favorite RLM output by a fairly sizable margin. I love any and everything to do with this kind of trainwreck appreciation subject matter, and Rich Evans' complete delight in baffling scenes from terrible movies warms my cynical heart.

I was thinking nothing could top R.O.T.R but this is getting pretty close!

I really enjoyed their review of the Resident Evil films with Rich losing his poo poo over everything, and this series really continues on in that tradition.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Benne posted:

Half In The Bag talks about Hangover Part III and After Earth

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-the-hangover-part-iii-and-after-earth/

I love their absurd set ups for reviews.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I always thought those dudes were pretty good and presenting the reasons they didn't enjoy something. After looking in their comments section it's really cracking me up how people can perceive a negative reaction to some pop-culture they consumed as an attack that must be refuted with paragraphs of TV tropes style plot breakdowns and minutia.

I don't agree with the guys a lot, but I still enjoy watching their stuff.

edit: Does Superman actually punch someone in the face while calling them motherfucker :staredog:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 21, 2013

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Killing Vector posted:

Except he only liked it in a so-bad-it's-good sense. Well, they both did, it's just that Mike said he was more entertained by Origins's badness than by the new one.

Film is better if you saw the leaked copy. Then it goes from "So bad it's good" -> "Downright amazing".

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bbf2 posted:

I had a friend who watched the workprint of the 2003 Ang Lee Hulk and he said it was the trippiest thing he had ever seen. He also was like 13 at the time so he didn't fully understand how Hollywood worked and assumed he downloaded the real thing so he and his brother just kept looking at each other and saying "Wait, what? Did they release it like this? Did they really release an unfinished movie?"

The best part is I remember watching that fight on top of the nuclear tower and thought "I wonder what this will look like when the clean it up?"

Not much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5AsOEk-ZJU

There's the side by side comparison, for those that didn't get a chance to see it the way it was meant to be seen.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I just caught up on the Best of the Worsts. My god, the end of the Amazing Bulk where they just sit there in stunned silence is amazing. :allears:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Mike completely had me with the start of his Her review.

Yeah, of course Mike didn't like it :rolleyes:

edit: Just so we're clear, that's the gag in the spoiler.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

John Murdoch posted:

Edit: Having now actually watched the review (well, Part 1 :argh:), I found a lot of his criticisms nitpicky or strange. Though to be fair, a few were on the mark. Ultimately, I'm more interested in his thoughts on the last third of the film, because even as someone who likes TDK (even though I do think it's a touch overrated), I found the entire Two-Face subplot lacking.

There is a lot of bad criticism there. Yes, we get it, if you spend more than two seconds thinking about the opening heist it's stupid, but it's about a man in a rubber suit who fights crime! You're allowed to make conceits like that. Especially considering that the opening heist is deliberately anarchic because it sets up the tone of order/anarchy which is the whole point of the film and if he runs in there and just does a smash and grab it wouldn't make for a very exciting cold open.

edit: actually the entire opening sequence criticism can be dismissed with "because it makes an exciting film".

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, the AVP thing is good.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I wanna watch Yor.

Really? Yor hosed.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HorseRenoir posted:

Sorry, Duncan Jones is too busy making a Warcraft film that will undoubtedly be a trainwreck.

"Hey dad my next project is about an alternative universe with elves and orcs and poo poo."

"Are there any Spiders?"

"Sure why not?"

"Are they from Mars?"

:sigh: "Dad I told you..."

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The RLM guys just posted Godzilla 14 and Godzilla 98.

Alas, it's pretty short but it has some good moments.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Was anyone worried by the needless...

*cue X-Men TV show music*

:downs: X-Position :downs:

Edit: The beer bottles :allears:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jun 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-gone-girl-and-annabelle/

RLM do Gone Girl and That Doll film.

I kinda disagree with everything they say but it's still a fun review.

• Locked thread