Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

Now I don't know what to think... Brad Jones enthusiastically recommended Pain & Gain, saying that everyone should go see it and that he disagreed with the low ratings it had on Rotten Tomatoes. Now Red Letter Media say the same movie is horrible garbage. I suppose Brad's love of schlock and violence is an indicator that if you like the kind of movies he likes, you'll like Pain & Gain, but if you don't, you won't.

So I'll be sure to at least rent Pain & Gain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

people posted:

ad blocking talk
I've found that the Firefox DownloadHelper add-on is a pretty good compromise.

You can start downloading the video after the first ad plays, then close the window and let the download continue. You can watch as it downloads in VLC, or just keep it and save it for later. This way you don't see the second ad or the stupid overlay ads. This is especially good for saving your favorite videos instead of buying (inferior copyright edited versions?) on DVD. I recall Diamanda Hagan joking about this once, so some producer are aware.

Some video players do let you download the video but somehow slow down or stop it if you close the window the player was in. So you have to watch it in the window, but you can still download and keep it after all of the video plays.

Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

James Rolfe's latest production is here :neckbeard:

Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

Rebochan posted:

I first got into DBZ Abridged when Blip was endlessly running a cereal commercial with this kid repeating "That's for babies!" over and over. :suicide:

The way she she lisped it is what got me. "That's for baaaabiiiieessss..." Plus the kid and her mom were somehow both hipsters. An ad that makes people have familicidal fantasies probably isn't good.

Also, kids don't like plain Cheerios. They're not sweet. They're oaty.

Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

Nope, I did too. :mmmhmm:

The set-up built into the movie was just too good.

• Locked thread