Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

It's still not great, but the parts have been progressively getting better. At least he's actually making jokes instead of just :spergin: about character design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Slate Action posted:

Part 4 of Spoony's Final Fantasy XIII Review. He decides not to finish the game.

That five-minute skit in the middle sure was, uh, something :stare:

...and right back down to terrible. I'd swear that he's ad-libbing these videos anymore

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Spoony always nitpicked. Nitpicking is fine in an internet reviewer, so long as they make it interesting or funny, something Spoony did in the past, and no longer does. Everyone knows that FFXIII has a lot of problems, and everyone watching a Spoony review of it was expecting Spoony to give it a thorough and more importantly funny tongue lashing. He failed to deliver on both counts by A) Not finishing it and B) Not even trying to be funny.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jesto posted:

Wait, he seriously quit?

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but generally he sticks a 'Stay Tuned for Part #' thing at the end, and I didn't notice one.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

So. MovieBob is now selling a book on SMB3.

I'm... not entirely sure how to take this. He's a pretty self-admittedly huge Nintendo fanboy, so I can see him actually having some insight into this game purely by virtue of being such a big fan that he'd play it to the point of memorization. But I can also easily see this as yet more self-indulgent nerd nostalgia gushing over a bygone era of video game magic that will never again be captured as perfectly as that moment you first played this game because you're not eight years old anymore.

I wouldn't read it either way. If anything this is just a reminder that I haven't watched Game Overthinker in over a year, possibly two.

MovieBob is pretty much synonymous with self-indulgent nostalgia and fanboyism, both in movies and games. It's one of the reasons I really can't stand to watch him.

• Locked thread