Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There is, scanlators/translators are just running late I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I still think at least one of the two Biotope 0 guys that joined Neo is a spy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Liar posted:

Kind of a huge jump from Nitros being introduced as about the scariest thing in the manga.

Well, these are Nitros that were weak enough to be captured.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I thought it was implied that it was made by Nitro.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Look below, she has boobs

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

op187gb posted:

In the spoilers that I saw, there is a page right before the last page. Although it has no text, it's still pretty cool looking.

http://www.mangaspoiler.com/2013/07/14/toriko-%E3%80%8C%E3%83%88%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B3%E3%80%8D-242-spoilers/

Wonder why none of the scans included it.

Yes they did. :confused:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh man, how much of a twist would it be if Jirou defects to Neo?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Silver2195 posted:

The line about Starjun being the second strongest in Gourmet Corp means that there aren't many people left who can challenge Toriko at this point.

Also, I just noticed that Batoto gives this series the "Shonen Ai" tag. I wasn't expecting that, but I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

I think she meant that he's the 2nd strongest Chef, presumably only behind this dude.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Were the president and Midora fighting in space?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uhhh, can someone explain what the gently caress happened in this chapter?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm guessing Ichiryuu will beat Midora half to death but Midora will pull a dirty trick to win.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The idea is that Midora's minority atoms were killing him since he was fighting for his life. But if he tries to kill himself, then the fighting for his life atoms become the minority and take over.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr. Maltose posted:

Capture level isn't just Battle Strength, it's also location and rarity. A level 1 food could just take four dudes to harvest, IGO soldiers or not.

Yeah that fish that was behind the giant waterfall only had a high level because of its location. Its level would be under 1 normally.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 26, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh, so Joa might actually be zombie Frohze.

By the way, the cure water is that monster's saliva right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No one did since it seems like half the contestants ran off to Neo.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So did Midora copy Frohze's God Cooking or did he only model his hair after it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait, was Toriko's toilet in his candy house also made of candy? :gonk:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zylon posted:

In regards to the latest chapter:I didn't quite understand the conversation between Ichyru and Midora. Is he saying Acacia is the big bad or that Midora is going to have to kill Frohze?

I think the latter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Terror Sweat posted:

I really hope they don't inject him with any type of cells. He should stay the same way.

It's fine, Toriko has been injecting him with cells each night since they met.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh where? I can't find it on any of the online readers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I can't remember, is Rin being Sunny's sister new information? Anyway this all reminds me of Eureka Seven.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It'll probably be up again soon with a better translation.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This week's chapter is taking a while to get translated, huh.

(Sorry if this post made you think it was out already :v:)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Serious Frolicking posted:

One thing I don't understand is, is there normal food production aside from all of the poo poo with capture levels that only the wealthy can afford?

There probably was before the gourmet age but now this IS normal food production.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Welp, the raws for the next chapter are out and the power creep is insane. Capture level 6090 :shepface:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr. Maltose posted:

I wonder if all of the Four King's cool animal buddies have King counterparts.

Sunny's snake definitely, not sure about Coco's crow or Zebra's daruma horse though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope Ichiryuu planned for Toriko to take a 2 year break or else it might be too late to make the full course.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Law Cheetah posted:

Toriko kind of fascinates me from a cultural studies perspective. The homoerotic and homoromantic themes are so in your face that I have a hard time believing that any of it is unintentional - but since I'm not Japanese I dont have the cultural context required to understand it. It's a blatantly gay series running in a mainstream magazine marketed towards young boys within a cultural context that, until now, I understood to be less than accepting of homosexuals. I constantly feel like I'm missing some vital part of the puzzle.

He may not have intended it originally but he definitely realizes it now and pokes fun at it. I mean look at the jokes in the current chapter. He's gotta be self-aware.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Oil King restaurant is the fast food of the Toriko universe and it's probably still healthier than anything in the real world.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Seebach posted:

Doesn't he use his own natural oils?

This is both really gross and totally something that would happen in Toriko.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Seebach posted:

It has happened in the Torikoverse.

He sweats oil.

I meant him using it in his cooking.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sounds like they're ending it. Were the ratings not good?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

antavila posted:

I really liked it last week when he got wrecked by Heracles. It showed just how big of a gap it is between him and basically an animal God, so I'm a little upset that Toriko not only got revived out of nowhere but he got an insane power-up that lets him connect a punch. Shits whack yo'

To be fair Heracles is probably not the kind of animal that bothers with dodging attacks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah, I guess that's how Komatsu got his demon then; eating so much high quality food gave him gourmet cells.

And yeah, Komatsu will be fine.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shugojin posted:

Welp. I guess the (one-handed) nail punch is complete now. :stare:

Hahaha, you think Toriko is gonna stop at Infinite?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/297

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I can't tell if that mountain is the monkey king itself, its appetite monster, or an actual mountain.

I hope it's actually just one of the instructors.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 17, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Whatever it is is gonna be super gross.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Xelkelvos posted:

Well it's a soup made from whatever it is, so it could still be anything from some bones to its hair.

The problem is the name. Though that really raises the question to what God is...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

alkanphel posted:

For some reason, that battle felt a bit easier than what I was expecting.

To be fair it's all 4 Kings fighting together. I'm sure they'd have a rough fight alone.

• Locked thread