Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Toriko Thread: ( )

The title got eaten by Toriko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Perigryn posted:

"You're Already Fed"

Oh my god, YES, this! This is the one!! It's the perfect title.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Tommyrod is a freakishly deformed human, which doesn't seem that strange when he is standing next to a human with prehensile omnivorous hair. Besides, inhuman strength and stomach capacity are rather generic powers in this setting.

Not quite sure what is going on with the centaur, though. Did he graft his torso on to some sort of gourmet world horse, is he an actual centaur, or did his lower body really change that much from gourmet cells?

Guy was soooo hungry that his gourmet cells grew an extra set of legs to catch up to his prey faster.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

What I find awesome about the world of Toriko is that somehow being the maker of the world's strongest pots qualifies you as being a super-badass superhuman. And it's completely plausible in the context of the story, so we just roll with it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I don't know about you guys, but I am eagerly awaiting the cook whose knife can cut spacetime and create space warps, or the food hunter who fights by altering causality. :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Have you ever had Douhua? It's basically soft tofu with a sweet syrup made from ginger. The syrup is sweet and light, and has the spicy aroma of ginger in it, while the tofu is very soft and custard-like.

That's what I'd imagine would be the closest real-world equivalent to that Bird-egg drink!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I think we might be the only non horrifying thing on earth when we are completely hairless. (well thing that can grow hair)

This is what sets us from the beasts; Beauty.

Probably according to other animals we just stay in the horrifying hairless stage permanently; we're just as bad as axolotls and naked mole rats.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Chinaman7000 posted:

I'll be honest guys, I think I hate or am bored by all the fighting and comedy and just like seeing the food art and descriptions. I even tried reading more food centric manga but nothing gets me as hungry as even the poorly scanlated translations of Toriko.

Really? That's interesting, because I find I have the complete opposite reaction to almost all the foods in this manga. I always find myself feeling slightly queasy at almost all of the foods that involve slaying and eating increasingly gross parts of increasingly gross-looking animals. I enjoy Toriko mainly for the general craziness of the world, but I can't say I've ever once found it mouth-watering.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

That was... uh... the naked pistachio girl in a can. :wtc:

It was even stranger than usual, even for a chapter of Toriko. Very entertaining, though!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Bewitching food land.
Which is in Gourmet World.
Where Buranchi came from.

What exactly did you expect?

Certainly not a pistachio girl in a sardine can, that's for sure! Or a TerraForMars reference. That just kind of takes the cake for weirdness.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

ANIME AKBAR posted:

HORSE PHYSICS

Breatharianism!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

That's one strong horse! There's got to be someone out there who can ride him, and I hope we see that person someday.

• Locked thread