Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Any and every weird rear end superpower in this manga can be explained by alternation brought about by GOURMET CELLS. Tommyrod's as human as the rest of the 8 foot tall 600 pound meat mountains that inhabit this comic. The Bishokukai are seemingly just more liberal with how they use weird surgery with the Gourmet Cells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Speaking of abnormal, I was looking through the Toriko wiki and according the databook apparently President Ichiryuu weights 502 kilograms. He weights slightly more than half a metric ton, and this is apparently BEFORE his Gourmet Cells "woke up". I shutter to imagine the sheer about of HUGE he'll be able to attain.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Hahaha, Starjun sure does get blind side punched a lot.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Aha, I see that Toriko's WANTEAT powers are increasing.

I love the Ou Shoku Bansen type enemy on a plate before the hero effect. It's just so stupid and awesome at the same time. There's even a nice glass of wine to go with it.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Y'know, I hope Komatsu becomes so good with that knife he can cut someone SO WELL that they're not even dead. Basically I want to the end of the manga to be Komatsu preparing Dark Chef Joa into GOD and that he becomes a good guy and it ends with 5 chapters of everyone just eating.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Indeed. Cutting something so well it doesn't know it's dead? Bush league. Komatsu needs to be able to cut and prepare abstract concepts.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Lpzie posted:

A spine, you say? What is that and what does it do?

People in Toriko don't have things like skeletons. They move around with a series of bladders(FULL OF MEAT) that articulate their various limbs through inflation and deflation.

Also, it's pretty rad that Toriko now has a stand.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
My theory about Komatsu being able to eventually cut a dude into not being evil gets more and more plausible.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Probably that Hammertusk thing Jirou was riding on a few chapters ago.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Roland Jones posted:

I think "News" might be meant to be "Information" or something, but of course I haven't seen the raws and don't know Japanese so don't take my word for it. "Pair" and "Another" sound like they should be something else as well ("Duo" for the first, maybe?). This chapter has "hungar" written in it so the quality might be dubious, though the people behind it are the group that's been doing it constantly, so...

Anyway, an entirely setup chapter. Darn. At least the next one should be good, and hopefully it won't be too long before we see why the heck someone is destroying the entire human world like that.

In the raws they're written out in English with furigana giving pronunciation. So these are the official names pretty much.

TNG fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 23, 2013

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Kenshi posted:

The translation in Chinese is out and once the English is also out (if required), well, you can decide whether your comment is an understatement.

At least we can assume he is very popular with the ladies, with a tongue like that.

If you thought the chapter Rapp was introduced had a lot of penises in it, you ain't seen nothing yet.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Or Nitros that are the color out of space even. I suppose the only natural ending is if Toriko gets into an eating duel with Azathoth at the center of the universe.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Toriko will eat the concept of eating itself and thus be able to dictate what is and is not eating.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
It's a thing, it's why the Bishoukai had such a hunger boner over Komatsu in the first place.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Soylentbits posted:

I'm not convinced it won't be Komatsu's noble hamburger.

Horse meat ain't that great, even if you're a multi story tall meat muscle horse that can inhale the entire Atlantic in a single breath.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I just don't know anymore. It's hilarious and dumb and amazing in the retarded way Toriko gets, but yeesh.

And hey, the Blue Oni agrees with me that horse meat sucks!

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
It was pretty awesome when he wrecked the Nitro handlers and their chargers in like two pages though.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

unprofessional posted:

I love that the author actually quantifies everything, so it can be as ridiculous as possible.

I do too. Since it's just gets more whacky when you think about it, since I'm pretty sure that releasing that much air in that amount of time would impart enough energy to explode the entire atmosphere off the planet. But I think one of the reasons I love Toriko is that it has a veneer of scientific grounding to its impossible feats of muscle fooding. The dichotomy gives it a really unique tone as one can both accept and shake their head at it at the same time.

Even stupid poo poo like MINORITY WORLD and ULTIMATE SETUP ROUTINE get based on real world sociological and physical phenomenon. While they seem to be passing fads as far as powers go, they feel much more interesting due to the thought put into them than your average shonen bullshit power.

TNG fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 29, 2014

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Wanna eat that Salad

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Toriko 294!

Ahhh, I was kinda hoping Shigematsu would keep flying around the world eternally, just doing orbit after orbit, occasionally flying over our heroes and their battles from time to time. Maybe that would be too goofy, even for this manga. Anyway, now Toriko begins the quest to give Komatsu a new heart. But Toriko, didn't you know that you've had Komatsu's the whole time?

TNG fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 25, 2014

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

Whatever it is is gonna be super gross.

And delicious!

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
It will be Bambina's Monkey paws. Pair will cure Komatsu, but curse him with some sort of horrible ironic downside.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Oh god, Pair is definitely going to be the Monkey King's nuts.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Toriko Thread 3: Toriko ate my balls.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
If he were there, even Speedwagon would be afraid.

I also loved that Toriko was questioning how exactly a pair of monkey balls would save Komatsu. The whole thing is being treated with just enough of a tongue in cheek to not be TOTALLY absurd.

TNG fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 20, 2014

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Awww Zebra. Although, to be fair, he was actually the one acting cocky here.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Simoom posted:

How many times has he lost an arm now anyways? Four?

Yep

Tommyrod fight
Starjun fight
Heracles snorting
Arm Wrestling

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Oh snap, they're performing Unite Morphs now.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Hungry for balls, just like Zebra. It's like the late 1990s Internet never ended!

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Bambina's balls finally descended. Maybe he'll stop being a petulant child and move on with his life. Maybe getting a job

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Green Intern posted:

Ah, confirmation that the secret to Pair was Love. And also sound/touch/smell-soluble nutrition.

All right, according to the gas chromatograph the secret ingredient is... LOVE?! Who's been screwing with this thing?

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
What, you didn't like him teaching Toriko the ULTIMATE SETUP ROUTINE?

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
If you want a vision of Toriko, imagine two dudes flexing -- forever.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Getting to the Soul World is serious business apparently. Even just catching a glimpse of it requires you to drink the balls of a super monkey.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
The Monkey King already cut that mountain down and threw it across to the world, and when it got back it was the size of a pebble.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Man, I would love to see the descriptions and crude drawings sent in by people. It must be great when you get a monster featured that you came up with that doesn't die instantly to some crazy bullshit.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
What kinda blackmail does Kubo Tite have on Jump editors? BLEACH keeps going down and down in ranks and yet it keeps going on and on and on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Man, it would really suck if all of this is just wrapping up and won't get the proper time to finish itself right, but then again this chapter did fill in a little bit of what happened when Toriko went to get Komatsu back which was glossed over at the start of the timeskip...so who knows.

TNG fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 8, 2015

• Locked thread