Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer
I literally just started playing two days ago. Are there higher level tournaments or anything that might require proper teamwork?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreittis
Jan 7, 2010

Foxhound? Houndfox.

No idea where the scene is now with NA but here's somewhat recent 2v2 tournament's finals from the winning team's POV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78EADyieS8U

They still happen, just need to get to know the scene somehow.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
goons all up in this game now

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
I got this game a few years ago and only just started this past weekend. I'm getting into an archery groove and having an absolute blast, but I gotta ask...

Why is the chat almost always a veritable fountain of slurs, hate speech, and derogatory comments? I mean, I've played my share of online games but this is another loving tier. And yet, surprisingly, I've encountered very little taunting and personal attacks à la "git gud" and such. I'm not sure what to make of it.

SMP
May 5, 2009

The game has a fairly tiny, insular community. They mostly just reinforce the awful culture that's developed because of it.

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
$2.49!

Bought a 4 pack!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Now get in, press C and start the slaughter :frog:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

:siren:Calling all Chivlords:siren:

The Mordhau Kickstarter is finally up.

Going by the trailer, it seems like the proper successor to Chivalry, but with much less animation/glitch abuse.

I'm so stoked. I backed the $40 tier so I can get in on the beta at the end of the year.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

:siren:Calling all Chivlords:siren:

The Mordhau Kickstarter is finally up.

Going by the trailer, it seems like the proper successor to Chivalry, but with much less animation/glitch abuse.

I'm so stoked. I backed the $40 tier so I can get in on the beta at the end of the year.

I like how they very carefully stepped around actually mentioning Chivalry by name while explicitly referring to it several times. I'm glad to see they're looking to eliminate shenanigans like spinning and dragging. :allears:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Chiv combat fixed, with Mount and Blade type battles and horses, and a CoDish unlock system? I'm down.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Yeah holy poo poo I'd throw my money.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If you guys are interested I will make a dedicated Mordhau thread. But you have to promise to post in it so I don't get embarrassed

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Oh hell yeah that looks cool as poo poo. Sadly the screaming and yelling probably won't be as good.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Now that it's funded is there any point in backing other than if you want to spend extra money for Alpha/Beta access? There doesn't seem to be any kickstarter exclusives at the 25 dollar tier.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I went ahead and made the Mordhau thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813125

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So the Mirage beta is coming up March 27th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rBFSkJELuw

I'm not too excited about this game compared to Mordhau, but poo poo, who knows. At least the concept and art style are original. I have almost 1,400 hours in Chivalry, so I feel like I kind of owe it to them to give Mirage a chance.

I don't suppose anyone here was in the closed alpha?

• Locked thread