Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Filler arcs aren't allowed to have real character development for fear of disrupting the canon so they are destined to be garbage throwaway plots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Augus posted:

Filler arcs aren't allowed to have real character development for fear of disrupting the canon so they are destined to be garbage throwaway plots.

You'd think they'd be able to organize some bullet points for the filler arcs to hit, given the two year timeskip. Put in a few details that will never be explained in the manga.

This guy lost an eye, you figure out how it happened. Or 'these couples are now dating'. Things like that.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Tunicate posted:

You'd think they'd be able to organize some bullet points for the filler arcs to hit, given the two year timeskip. Put in a few details that will never be explained in the manga.

This guy lost an eye, you figure out how it happened. Or 'these couples are now dating'. Things like that.

Naruto filler actually does have some of that; it elaborates on the backstories of Ibiki, Anko, Kakashi, Tenzo, etc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
presumably kishi gave them a list of trivial characters he didn't intend to do anything with, and then they also included kakashi for some reason.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Silver2195 posted:

Naruto filler actually does have some of that; it elaborates on the backstories of Ibiki, Anko, Kakashi, Tenzo, etc.

It's when they decide to involve any of the main characters in any of those arcs is when they're suddenly limited, and cause the show is called Naruto, they feel compelled to include him even though he effectively can't grow or do much in it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I got nostalgic and went back to reread the Pain attack Konoha arc. Is hard to believe how good that entire arc was. I've read my fair share of manga and comics and Minato's appearance is still one of the best scenes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I got nostalgic and went back to reread the Pain attack Konoha arc. Is hard to believe how good that entire arc was. I've read my fair share of manga and comics and Minato's appearance is still one of the best scenes.

well that arcs good except for the nuke and unnuke

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

h-hayai

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/pinkharm/status/949223321849114624

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy