Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

akatsuki was originally planned to be all weird monster folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tunicate posted:

akatsuki was originally planned to be all weird monster folks

I mean besides Pain, Itachi and chick who's name I forget they were.

Deidara had mouths in his hand.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

To be fair they were all meant to be Kisame/Zetsu looking monsters and Pein is basically six Frankenstein controlled remotely by a man who is very close to being a corpse.

Honestly I think I miss the original Naruto a whole lot, and I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the manga ended with naruto punching some (but not all) of the rear end in a top hat out of sasuke. kaguya happened, and she sucked, but that wasn't the end of the manga.

From what I have seen the Sasuke fight seems more tacked on than Kaguya.

I mean it had to happen but that is also what it felt like.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
after teaming up to save the world, sasuke was still an rear end in a top hat and acted accordingly. there were plenty of reasons for sasuke to chill the heck out, but he ignored all of them. he was never going to stop being an rear end in a top hat without naruto beating him nearly to death. if sasuke had risen above his petty egotism based on the situation, reason, or even his own experiences, well, the manga would have been very different.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

To be fair they were all meant to be Kisame/Zetsu looking monsters and Pein is basically six Frankenstein controlled remotely by a man who is very close to being a corpse.

Honestly I think I miss the original Naruto a whole lot, and I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

pre-shippuuden had a lot of clever concepts and interesting hooks that would have been really good for a show about ninjas going on relatively self-contained missions, sort of a monster of the week deal with room for longer storylines as needed. like, say, arcs about hunting missing-nin, intervening in kiri's civil war, etc.

instead we got the journey of ninja jesus

it's kinda sad

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be honest I prefer ninja Jesus to that boring poo poo.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i kinda forgive sasuke for a lot bc at the time of the end he is like literally 16 years old

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Oh, a new chapter I missed...

God, the whiplash I get between actually enjoying the Boruto anime and hating the Boruto manga is jarring.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dexo posted:

I mean besides Pain, Itachi and chick who's name I forget they were.

Deidara had mouths in his hand.

That chick's name was Konan and she's pretty cool. Too bad that Obito killed her :smith:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Torrannor posted:

That chick's name was Konan and she's pretty cool. Too bad that Obito killed her :smith:

It's also one of the more savage killings in all Naruto.

Like he kills her and crushes everything she had left.

It's so jarring for how mean spirited in comparison to everything else.

Caros
May 14, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's also one of the more savage killings in all Naruto.

Like he kills her and crushes everything she had left.

It's so jarring for how mean spirited in comparison to everything else.

And he was the coolest guy.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

after teaming up to save the world, sasuke was still an rear end in a top hat and acted accordingly. there were plenty of reasons for sasuke to chill the heck out, but he ignored all of them. he was never going to stop being an rear end in a top hat without naruto beating him nearly to death. if sasuke had risen above his petty egotism based on the situation, reason, or even his own experiences, well, the manga would have been very different.
Sasuke has brain problems.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fabricated posted:

evidently they weren't that bad if they could literally be beaten into submission

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Yeah... Sorry.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
When are they finally going to unbury Hidan in this manga?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Coffee Mugshot posted:

When are they finally going to unbury Hidan in this manga?
after a few decades buried in Shikamaru's back yard Hidan has done a lot of reflection and is a good guy now. He becomes a talking advice head for the new Konoha ninja.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Himawari finds him and becomes a convert.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hidan comes back as head along with his zombie servant Wang Chung.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Bump for a new chapter that features action and is actually good? :eyepop:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm looking at the Boruto manga and Sarada reminds me of those creepy 11/12 year old pageant girls who wear clothes terribly inappropriate for their ages.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://readms.net/r/boruto/014/4407/1

the chapter

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Art is bad, but I actually like the story now that's past the movie.

This dude is nowhere near as good at framing panels as Kishimoto was.

Can't wait for the Anime to get to it. If it does.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Hood Sakura spotted in the fanart:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/status/889887154083700736/photo/1

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

http://readms.net/r/boruto/015/4509/1

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Akatsuki 2.0?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

http://readms.net/r/boruto/016/4555/

Seems like it's way more prone to infighting than Akatsuki was.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i thought throwing rasengans was some high level poo poo

or was that just for his shuriken one?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Boruto has been able to throw Rasengan's since he learned them. His also disappear

It was the plot point behind the movie arc.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He can use water and lightning too. Chidori rasengan in the future?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Torrannor posted:

Akatsuki 2.0?

The whole manga has been about history repeating itself so this is no surprise.

Say Nothing posted:

He can use water and lightning too. Chidori rasengan in the future?

It's my understanding that anyone can use any jutsu if they have the chakra for it, but everyone has a predisposition to a certain element that makes melding chakra for those jutsu easier. Naruto has the wind element, so when it came to upgrade his Rasengan (that he still couldn't actually mould the chakra for without a shadow clone to help), using his element was the logical choice.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
stop

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nice job being too terrible for a thread that earnestly debated sasuke's parenting skills

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

nice job being too terrible for a thread that earnestly debated sasuke's parenting skills

What parenting skills

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think we'll see Himawari ever again anyway.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like how everyone is referring to this manga as Boruto's Dad Shippuden.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangastream.com/r/boruto/018/4714/1

Chakrasabres

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm certain by now the writer has the hots for Sarada. First the odd underwear scene and now tentacles. :japan:

• Locked thread