Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Light
Dec 19, 2012

So this finally came back from the printer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Parrotine posted:

So this finally came back from the printer

Ok. Why didn't you make me one too?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

What is this a reference to?

Lmfao.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I like that no one posted a link so I can stop being an ignorant piece of trash.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Last Celebration posted:

I like that no one posted a link so I can stop being an ignorant piece of trash.

The post literally after you answered your question. Go google it or something. Just knowing it's a Beatles song is really good enough though.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Last Celebration posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_in_the_Sky_with_Diamonds posted:

"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is a song written primarily by John Lennon and credited to Lennon–McCartney,[1] for the Beatles' 1967 album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.[2] This album became the biggest selling album of the 1960s and remains today the biggest selling studio album in India, among other countries.

Lennon's son, Julian, inspired the song with a nursery school drawing he called "Lucy — in the sky with diamonds". Shortly after the song's release, speculation arose that the first letter of each of the title nouns intentionally spelled LSD.[3] Although Lennon denied it, the BBC banned the song. In a 2004 interview, Paul McCartney said that the song is about LSD, stating, "A song like 'Got to Get You into My Life', that's directly about pot, although everyone missed it at the time ... Day Tripper", he says, "that's one about acid. 'Lucy in the Sky,' that's pretty obvious. There's others that make subtle hints about drugs, but, you know, it's easy to overestimate the influence of drugs on the Beatles' music."[4]

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Thanks, pal! Here's the song for I guess the one other guy who never got around to listening to The Beatles.

http://youtu.be/eKXfqpg-Q-k

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Rigged Death Trap posted:

One Piece Manga Thread 12: God Usopp Lied for your Sins.

This one is great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Don't reward his laziness, it's the only way he'll learn!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is it weird that I only realized yesterday after seeing some gifs from the anime that Bepo is actually a bear and not just a weird dude in a bear costume?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it weird that I only realized yesterday after seeing some gifs from the anime that Bepo is actually a bear and not just a weird dude in a bear costume?

Kinda, but he is a bear that talks and walks on two legs so it's understandable.

One Piece has been sorely lacking in the Bepo department, get on that poo poo Oda.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If it talks like a bear, walks like a bear, and fights like a bear...

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Terper posted:

If it talks like a bear, walks like a bear, and fights like a bear...

Are karate bears common where you come from? :aaa:

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Bepo is definitely a real, genuine bear.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Thoren posted:

Bepo is definitely a real, genuine bear.

Just like Pekoms is a lion that walks around in a suit and sunglasses.

It's One Piece, just roll with it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Begemot posted:

Just like Pekoms is a lion that walks around in a suit and sunglasses.

It's One Piece, just roll with it.

He's a turtle-lion. He didn't eat that smelly fruit for nothing. :colbert:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

He's a turtle-lion. He didn't eat that smelly fruit for nothing. :colbert:

No no no, you don't get it! It smells fantastic but taste like poo poo.

Think of Devil Fruits as a reverse Wendy's Baconator and you get the picture

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
The only problem I have with those two and really even Papugg who just speaks human because he didn't know he's not supposed to is that Chopper was supposed to be a unique case, an animal who ate a fruit to do what they just do for no reason. Obviously Chopper has his forms for combat and stuff so it's not a lost cause but it just seems weird to me. Chopper often communicates with animals for the crew, it's possible Papugg doesn't actually speak animal since he never learned, but can Bepo and Pekoms?

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Chopper's human point is more than just human speech, he can also get opposable thumbs. Additionally brain point lets him think really hard. We also don't know enough about Bepo and Pekoms I think :( I hope that gets fixed at some point!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Parrotine posted:

Think of Devil Fruits as a reverse Wendy's Baconator and you get the picture

I don't get it, Baconators taste as bad as they smell.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Advice posted:

The only problem I have with those two and really even Papugg who just speaks human because he didn't know he's not supposed to is that Chopper was supposed to be a unique case, an animal who ate a fruit to do what they just do for no reason. Obviously Chopper has his forms for combat and stuff so it's not a lost cause but it just seems weird to me. Chopper often communicates with animals for the crew, it's possible Papugg doesn't actually speak animal since he never learned, but can Bepo and Pekoms?

I've seen it theorized that people like Bepo, Pekoms, and Baron Tamago are the "Minkmen" mentioned on the slave price list; basically land Fishmen. I prefer to think that they're aliens, since the Space Pirates from Enel's cover story looked like anthropomorphic animals.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I personally think Bepo, Pekoms and Monet are examples of the downside to using artificial zoan fruits. Maybe the fruits wear off after a few years and their human/animal split forms become their new normal form.

Kind of makes sense since they all have a tie to Doffy or the yonkou, and Pekoms shows he ate a turtle zoan after his lion one wore off.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 10, 2014

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Parrotine posted:

Think of Devil Fruits as a reverse Wendy's Baconator Durian and you get the picture.

FTFY and it's a better analogy since they're both fruits.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Sub Harrison posted:

I personally think Bepo, Pekoms and Monet are examples of the downside to using artificial zoan fruits. Maybe the fruits wear off after a few years and their human/animal split forms become their new normal form.

Kind of makes sense since they all have a tie to Doffy or the yonkou, and Pekoms shows he ate a turtle zoan after his lion one wore off.

I assumed that Law replaced Monet's arms/legs and thats why Derringer has lady legs. Her arms are probably out there somewhere.

Or maybe Derringer just has lady legs because One Piece.

e: and I think Oda said that Bepo is just a straight up bear.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Bepo is definitely a bear. When he heard about Amazon Lily, he inquired as to whether there would be lady bears.

Unless he's a furry who was into bears before he turned into one.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Or maybe he's into girl bears now that he himself is a bear. No sense in chasing after the human women anymore.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
So, just caught up after deciding to read the entire thing a few weeks ago. That was fun--aside from spotty translations.

I think one of them honestly didn't know how to spell "liar"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So is it this week One Piece returns or next? Been out of the loop on manga for a few weeks and not sure whether Oda's had his two weeks in hospital yet, or one.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

tsob posted:

So is it this week One Piece returns or next? Been out of the loop on manga for a few weeks and not sure whether Oda's had his two weeks in hospital yet, or one.

no one piece this week

one piece returns next wednesday (to us people on the internet), the 18th

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

no one piece this week

one piece returns next wednesday (to us people on the internet), the 18th

Issue No. 30 on 6/23, accoording to Jump.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Lucy on Sky Island with Diamante

This. We really can't go with anything else.

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

Yes, and each issue gets leaked and scanlated the Wednesday before release, hence the 18th.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jorenko posted:

Yes, and each issue gets leaked and scanlated the Wednesday before release, hence the 18th.

So you're saying that we already have issue No. 29 scanlated? Because unless we get the issues before they're released in Japan, I don't get how we'll have Issue No. 30 on the 18th.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Furious Lobster posted:

So you're saying that we already have issue No. 29 scanlated? Because unless we get the issues before they're released in Japan, I don't get how we'll have Issue No. 30 on the 18th.

We get the issues before they're released in Japan.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Furious Lobster posted:

yes, we get issues before they're released in japan.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Furious Lobster posted:

[...]Because unless we get the issues before they're released in Japan[...]

We do.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
specifically some dude gets them before they're shipped out to stores. they're scanned before people can legally buy them. ultimately this makes combating piracy of the manga* problematic because the pirates get the manga first, so they would have to put the issue up on like tuesday morning on the internet to ever have an advantage over piracy. before when we got the issues later on in the weeks years ago, someone had to buy them from a store that would break street date.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 11, 2014

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Furious Lobster posted:

We are all future thieves.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

specifically some dude gets them before they're shipped out to stores. they're scanned before people can legally buy them. ultimately this makes combating piracy of the manage problematic because the pirates get the manga first, so they would have to put the issue up on like tuesday morning on the internet to ever have an advantage over piracy. before when we got the issues later on in the weeks years ago, someone had to buy them from a store that would break street date.

That's nuts, I had no idea it was that much ahead, though now I'm doing a double-take on how I consume manga :ohdear:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?
One Piece Thread 12: Sabo: Ace 2.0

• Locked thread