Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Liar posted:

Seems logical to me. As soon as Doflamingo finds Luffy he'll no doubt want to kick his rear end. That might be fine from Luffy's perspective, but Doflamingo has an entire country on his side. Luffy verus an entire country full of people powerful enough to call the New World home might be a bit much.

I think you missed the part where Luffy broke a ship the size of a country with his bare fists!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Comic posted:

But I wonder if Franky picked up anything along the lines of feeding fruits to objects while he was away? I think that could be amazing, we've only seen zoan fruits given to objects so I wonder what it would do.

That would be just as acceptable as Coby getting the fruit. So far Franky's only showed off a beam cannon upgrade from his time on Vegapunk's home island. However since he did see Pacifista and Kuma in action that could have just as easily been his own work.

Did we ever find out if his bigger body comes with a larger Cola Cooler? Perhaps he now runs on a whole six pack of cola instead of just three bottles.

Drakkel posted:

Is it just me or did that toy soldier just use one of Sanji's moves?

It's the same move as CP9 was using and is part of one of their martial arts things that generally anyone can learn. It's going by a different name here like Sanji calls his something different. Unless I'm forgetting a time when Sanji's move was called this.

Raijin posted:

I think you missed the part where Luffy broke a ship the size of a country with his bare fists!

More importantly Mango has lied on multiple occasions about having the most delicious meat in storage for Luffy.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 27, 2013

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

Man, no matter how many times it happens, the whole "someone underestimates Luffy and gets absolutely destroyed in like one panel" thing will never get old for me.

Also, I kind of wish he had gone with Rufi instead of Lucy

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Liar posted:

On top of that are we assuming he'll become a member of the crew after all of this that we should care if he somehow got stronger? How many swordsmen does the crew need really.
3. :colbert:

I mean really, swordsmen just come in trios. That's how they roll. And Zoro/Brook/Kinemon make for a awesome group.

But I guess it's just as likely that he'll be like a "friend" of the crew or whatever and continue on his own journey.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Eiba posted:

3. :colbert:

I mean really, swordsmen just come in trios. That's how they roll. And Zoro/Brook/Kinemon make for a awesome group.

But I guess it's just as likely that he'll be like a "friend" of the crew or whatever and continue on his own journey.

Hell, Brook was already a musketeer (without the musket) before he became a pirate.

If you don't already get that Coby is eventually gonna be in charge of the marines, I don't know if we've been reading the same manga tbh

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

CORN NOG posted:

Man, no matter how many times it happens, the whole "someone underestimates Luffy and gets absolutely destroyed in like one panel" thing will never get old for me.

Also, I kind of wish he had gone with Rufi instead of Lucy

Yeah but this is a Japanese manga so Rufi and Luffy are literally spelt and pronounced exactly the same.

Or I just missed the joke.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Gyges posted:

More importantly Mango has lied on multiple occasions about having the most delicious meat in storage for Luffy.

Interesting note on the Mango name. In the Viz translation he calls him Mingo which sadly isn't as funny as Mango.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Eej posted:

Yeah but this is a Japanese manga so Rufi and Luffy are literally spelt and pronounced exactly the same.

Or I just missed the joke.
Except this is One Piece so a ton of stuff is written in the Latin alphabet. It said "Lucy" on his shirt in Latin letters. It could have said "Rufi".

That would have been a pretty obscure joke though, as it'd only be funny to westerners familiar to lovely early translations of the manga.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
The Mera Mera fruit will be eaten by Sabo.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

Both translations called it "Jet Walk", which is different from "Air Step"/"Geppou" that Haki users like Sanji and CP9 use. It does seem to be the same technique though. Could a toy really use Haki?!

CP9 doesn't use Haki, at least not explicitly. They use Rokushiki. Now, it's true that every non-CP9 Rokushiki user we've seen (including Coby) was also a Haki user, but even then, Kuro uses an ability quite similar to Soru/Shave and I'm almost certain he isn't a Haki user.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
It's been established that Geppou and Rokushiki in general are obtained by training your body to an extreme. We have no reason to believe haki is involved. The toy's Jet Walk sounds like he has a Jet dial in his one good foot.

dazoner posted:

Then the boat would sink...

How many times do we have to go over this? A DF-infused boat would most likely still float given the buoyancy is related to the shape and not something the ship is doing but this is pointless anyway since you probably can't feed a non-zoan fruit to an inanimate object with any degree of success.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Humans have buoyancy. If you lay on your back and relax in the ocean you will float. Devil fruit users can't do this. A boat won't be any different. But you're right, they're not going to feed the Mera Mera no mi to a boat.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

dazoner posted:

Humans have buoyancy. If you lay on your back and relax in the ocean you will float. Devil fruit users can't do this. A boat won't be any different. But you're right, they're not going to feed the Mera Mera no mi to a boat.

Shiki's power would be awesome infused with a boat. And since he's canon it could happen.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Man, now I want to see a DF-powered Klabautermann.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Considering the trend of Zoan fruits and inanimate objects, is it possible that Oda was thinking about SMILE and SAD way back during the Alabasta Arc? Maybe it has to be an artificial Zoan fruit that gives it the ability to be fed to an inanimate object? It seems like only Vegapunk would know how, it makes sense.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

My favorite weapon-zoan is probably the alpaca cannon from the mediocre filler arc for Film Z. It was named Alpacaccino. Alpacaccino.

Gyges posted:

Did we ever find out if his bigger body comes with a larger Cola Cooler? Perhaps he now runs on a whole six pack of cola instead of just three bottles.

When we first seem him post time skip he has a huge gently caress-off jug of cola, like a huge glass version of one of those drinking gourds.

Liar posted:

Shiki's power would be awesome infused with a boat. And since he's canon it could happen.
It'd probably just be easier to do what Shiki did and just have someone with the power make the boat float on its own. If the whole boat had the ability it'd probably just make everything else on it float.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

My favorite weapon-zoan is probably the alpaca cannon from the mediocre filler arc for Film Z. It was named Alpacaccino. Alpacaccino.

Yeah, that and a giant having eaten the mini-mini fruit were by far the best things. Clearly Alpacaccino was tops though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TheRamblingSoul posted:

Considering the trend of Zoan fruits and inanimate objects, is it possible that Oda was thinking about SMILE and SAD way back during the Alabasta Arc? Maybe it has to be an artificial Zoan fruit that gives it the ability to be fed to an inanimate object? It seems like only Vegapunk would know how, it makes sense.

It seems like Vegapunk only created the one prototype artificial Devil Fruit(the one Momonosuke ate) and then gave up since he saw it as a failure. It looks like Ceaser had only started making SMILE post-timeskip.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

RatHat posted:

It seems like Vegapunk only created the one prototype artificial Devil Fruit(the one Momonosuke ate) and then gave up since he saw it as a failure. It looks like Ceaser had only started making SMILE post-timeskip.

We don't know that he gave it up. He may not of been able to retrieve it when the island became uninhabitable. Or maybe, considering the other dragons on the island, new dragon zoans grew out slowly. Momonsuke just found the latest one to pop up. Of course if that were the case it'd mean we could see whole armies of one specific animal type.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
People keep talking about feeding the Mera Mera fruit to things, but so far every single item-> Fruit has been the result of feeding a zone to some object. I think to give it sentience you must give the item a Zoan.

RatHat posted:

Caeser was producing SMILE before the time-ship, because Donflamingo mentions it over the phone right after Luffy & group frees the slaves in Shabody.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
I wonder if that means Funkfreed or Lassoo was made via a Smile Zoan. All we know about that though is that Vegapunk developed the method for a inanimate object (the sword) to 'eat' the Zoan and thus giving Funkfreed a mind and life of it's own.

I feel sorry for all the creatures that end up being kinda cool or cute (Moo-Moo, Funkfreed, Lassoo) and end up with bad guys and thus have to get beat up. :(

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Mountain Lightning posted:

I wonder if that means Funkfreed or Lassoo was made via a Smile Zoan. All we know about that though is that Vegapunk developed the method for a inanimate object (the sword) to 'eat' the Zoan and thus giving Funkfreed a mind and life of it's own.

I feel sorry for all the creatures that end up being kinda cool or cute (Moo-Moo, Funkfreed, Lassoo) and end up with bad guys and thus have to get beat up. :(

All of this makes me desperate to get to the information dump that will be the chapter when Vegapunk shows up. Considering Oda's constant censoring of Vegapunk's face I keep wondering if we've already seen him at some point. I know it's what Oda ALWAYS does with characters he hasn't introduced full yet, but even still I'm sort of expecting that we've seen him for some reason.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Liar posted:

All of this makes me desperate to get to the information dump that will be the chapter when Vegapunk shows up. Considering Oda's constant censoring of Vegapunk's face I keep wondering if we've already seen him at some point. I know it's what Oda ALWAYS does with characters he hasn't introduced full yet, but even still I'm sort of expecting that we've seen him for some reason.

In the greatest twist ever Pandaman or that triangle headed dude turn out to be Vegapunk, always watching our intrepid heroes to see if they're fit for his help.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

tsob posted:

In the greatest twist ever Pandaman or that triangle headed dude turn out to be Vegapunk, always watching our intrepid heroes to see if they're fit for his help.

This would be brilliant. Considering the constant comments about Vegapunk being a man ahead of his time I keep picturing him as literally having a fruit that allows him control of time and space, but he's had millions of years to achieve a level of enlightenment from it... Sort of like Professor Paradox on Ben 10.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

tsob posted:

Whoa, anyone else here watched Fringe with the observers? :tinfoil:

Etan
Nov 6, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

People keep talking about feeding the Mera Mera fruit to things, but so far every single item-> Fruit has been the result of feeding a zone to some object. I think to give it sentience you must give the item a Zoan.

Yeah, I really don't think it would make sense for it to be any other type. If you fed the mera mera fruit to an object what would control when the item is fire and when it is not? If it was always fire it wouldn't be that useful. There has to be some sort of intelligence to control it. Now that I've said that it makes me wonder if that toy could eat it.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Etan posted:

Yeah, I really don't think it would make sense for it to be any other type. If you fed the mera mera fruit to an object what would control when the item is fire and when it is not? If it was always fire it wouldn't be that useful. There has to be some sort of intelligence to control it. Now that I've said that it makes me wonder if that toy could eat it.

I was thinking it'd be something along the lines of a fire enchant in a video game or something.

Gaudia
Nov 4, 2011
There's so many things wrong with a wooden toy having a fire ability. (I'm assuming he's made out of wood here)

Won't he be too scared to use it? Will he be able to extinguish the fire? His name is Thunderous Wrath Soldier it doesn't make any sense! He's missing a leg so he can be the first strawhat with a wooden leg! :haw:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mountain Lightning posted:

You know, we've been told that he found a way for inanimate objects to eat a devil fruit and we've also been told that he abandoned at least one artificial devil fruit for not working how he wanted. Considering that the Zoan objects we've seen so far would be much more effective given to Marines, and that as far as we know all artificial fruits are Zoan type, could it be that in actuality Vega Punk has figured out how to make object that are already infused with a fruit power at creation? Maybe he abandoned Momosuke's fruit not because of any real defect as we'd see it, but because he was trying to make a dragon chair and instead just got a stupid fruit.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Gyges posted:

You know, we've been told that he found a way for inanimate objects to eat a devil fruit and we've also been told that he abandoned at least one artificial devil fruit for not working how he wanted. Considering that the Zoan objects we've seen so far would be much more effective given to Marines, and that as far as we know all artificial fruits are Zoan type, could it be that in actuality Vega Punk has figured out how to make object that are already infused with a fruit power at creation? Maybe he abandoned Momosuke's fruit not because of any real defect as we'd see it, but because he was trying to make a dragon chair and instead just got a stupid fruit.

A dragon chair would be amazing I'd be able to have smores everyday.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gaudia posted:

There's so many things wrong with a wooden toy having a fire ability. (I'm assuming he's made out of wood here)

Won't he be too scared to use it? Will he be able to extinguish the fire? His name is Thunderous Wrath Soldier it doesn't make any sense! He's missing a leg so he can be the first strawhat with a wooden leg! :haw:

That would be a great gimmick, though. A flammable character with a fire ability. Could be used for both comedic and dramatic effect!

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
What would really be the difference between an elephant sword and a sword elephant? Maybe us thinking a sword ate a devil fruit was just a mistranslation, and it was actually just an elephant that ate the sword fruit.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="413877883"]
What would really be the difference between an elephant sword and a sword elephant? Maybe us thinking a sword ate a devil fruit was just a mistranslation, and it was actually just an elephant that ate the sword fruit.

No, it was pretty specific that Funkfreed was a sword fed a devil fruit by the genius of Vegapunk, just as Lassoo was most certainly a gun before it was a dog.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="413877883"]

Nah, the fruit is actually named "Zou Zou Fruit" (Elephant).

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
OH SNAP!

quote:

The latest issue of Jump magazine reveals that the Project Versus J crossover game will now be officially called “J-Stars Victory Vs.” The game featuring popular Jump characters will be available in both PlayStation 3 and PSVita.

In addition to the previously revealed roster of Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, and Toriko, it has also been confirmed that Naruto will also be included in the game. In the image above, he is seen battling against Toriko, Luffy and Son Goku.

Dubbed as the “ultimate Jump game”, it is to celebrate the 45 years of Shonen Jump! It will be a 3D tag-team fighter and will let up to four players fight each other. Release date TBA.

Screens:

Source of info: http://www.jefusion.com/2013/03/project-versus-j-is-j-stars-victory-vs-naruto-confirmed.html

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

How can it be the ultimate jump game if kenshiro isn't there? :colbert:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
That sounds really awesome, what are the chances we can get this in the PSN store?

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Stairmaster posted:

How can it be the ultimate jump game if kenshiro isn't there? :colbert:

They haven't announced all the characters in the game and Kenshiro was in the DS games so the chances of him and other characters from Fist of the North Star being in is pretty high.

Kingtheninja posted:

That sounds really awesome, what are the chances we can get this in the PSN store?

Pretty slim depending on what characters are in it. If it will be like Jump Super/Ultimate Stars there will be too many characters to get a proper license for a world wide release.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm sure you'll be able to import it, if it's not in the PSN store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Oh hell yes! If we get a 3D quality successor to Jump Ultimate Stars, I will be happy basically forever. There won't be enough OP characters though, there never are... But I have high standards.

I wonder if we'll get any JoJo characters, since that series is already getting a full fighting game?

• Locked thread