Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

dogs named Charlie posted:

It's like Attack on Titan, the giant wardens hunt you and eat you. If you die, you respawn by clawing out of the lava at the deepest point of hell. Repeating the cycle of waking up, trying to reach the exit, and dying horribly until your mind is broken.

It's not great, C-, probably the best Bleach movie.

Sounds lame but about par of the course. Certainly more going on than the other parts of hte afterlife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

This is not setting the bar too high.

The Bleach movies are really terribad. Even the Bount Arc or the one that followed Muramasa's arc were far better than these movies.

Hell, even the 1000 years arc is better than the Bleach movies.

i can't decide which was worse- the hitsugaya movie or the inexplicably magic children movie

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Bleach is

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gildiss posted:

Bleach is not

ha ha gently caress you kubo

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It's real my friends. It's very real.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I expected something dumber than just copying the Naruto ending

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

slev posted:

I expected something dumber than just copying the Naruto ending

Copying, or improving?

And a potential sequel with a female protagonist will just mean that she will not only become as irrelevant as Ichigo as time goes on, but she will also become an empty husk of a character like Orihime ans Rukia. So essentially Ichigo with boobs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Doresh posted:

Copying, or improving?

And a potential sequel with a female protagonist will just mean that she will not only become as irrelevant as Ichigo as time goes on, but she will also become an empty husk of a character like Orihime ans Rukia. So essentially Ichigo with boobs.

nah, just copying

Ampuli
Nov 23, 2013
I wish she had Renjis eyebrows

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Those were tattoos, not eyebrows.

Also someone please post a pic of Chad the boxer, tia.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Looking at the pictures Ichigo even got the short hair Naruto harcut lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
WHERE IS THE CHAPTER

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Soon Baal, soon...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JohnnyCocksville posted:

I have sucked SO much more dick than anyone here

I dare you to make that claim to me when I was a mod

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Ten seconds into the fight Chad winds up in the Ashita no Joe pose.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

It's going to be fun to see the japanese reaction to this. Ichigo/Orihime isn't a very popular thing there at all.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kay Kessler posted:

Ten seconds into the fight Chad winds up in the Ashita no Joe pose.

No, my handsome friend Chad wins and becomes a world hero.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kay Kessler posted:

Those were tattoos, not eyebrows.

Also someone please post a pic of Chad the boxer, tia.

pics of Chad the baptized thanks

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Defeating Ywach came at a great cost to Ichigo:

RIP his hairline.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

slev posted:

It's going to be fun to see the japanese reaction to this. Ichigo/Orihime isn't a very popular thing there at all.

No for real, if that's a real thing I'm gonna pretty pissed, Orihime is about the shittiest love interest imagineable and being like "OH SHE ENDS UP WITH ICHIGO" is just as lame as the Naruto ending.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

chumbler posted:

No, my handsome friend Chad wins and becomes a world hero.

slev posted:

Remember when Chad's lesson from his Grandpa was to always fight for someone else

and then he became a prize fighter

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Baal posted:

No for real, if that's a real thing I'm gonna pretty pissed, Orihime is about the shittiest love interest imagineable and being like "OH SHE ENDS UP WITH ICHIGO" is just as lame as the Naruto ending.

It's real man

Also here is Chad he is basically just Ginjo now

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Baal posted:

naruto got a happy ending and sakura ended up in a loveless marriage with a man who couldn't stand to be around her. that was about right.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Baal posted:

It's not like Ichigo deserves any better.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also lol you care about naruto shipping

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Serious Frolicking posted:

naruto got a happy ending and sakura ended up in a loveless marriage with a man who couldn't stand to be around her. that was about right.

No, that was just as lovely as anything else and exacerbates some of the greater problems with Naruto.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Defeating Ywach came at a great cost to Ichigo:

RIP his hairline.

I've never seen Ichigo so happy. Thanks.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

BlitzBlast posted:

It's not like Ichigo deserves any better.

No one deserves anyone and I'd rather you make epilogues to actual character stories than this, but it's not like Bleach was ever gonna have a satisfying ending so lol.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why does Ichigo remind me of a more depressing Rob Lowe in that image.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Baal posted:

I'm not into shipping or anything, but the signs clearly pointed towards that pairing the whole time. Orihime almost entirely revolved around Kurosaki-kun, while Rukia was a friend zone denizen.

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?
Oh my God it's actually happening. We can finally be at peace!

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Baal posted:

Please do not say such things about our future robot overlord.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Kay Kessler posted:

Back when Orihime wasn't just tits

btw her tits are even bigger in this chapter

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kay Kessler posted:

Did I miss a joke the last few pages? I skipped like 2 or 3, I am confused.

EDIT: Oh wait the drawing from way back when, god that was so long ago.

Doresh posted:

I'm not into shipping or anything, but the signs clearly pointed towards that pairing the whole time. Orihime almost entirely revolved around Kurosaki-kun, while Rukia was a friend zone denizen.

I mean fair enough,.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Baal posted:

No, that was just as lovely as anything else and exacerbates some of the greater problems with Naruto.

such as? naruto and sakura never had a relationship because they were both completely hung up on sasuke. even when sasuke was in full on deranged terrorist mode and naruto was starting to become the ninja messiah, sakura still didn't grow any closer to naruto. yeah, sakura being completely terrible was a pretty big problem, but that has no relation to which characters hooked up at the end. for all of that manga's faults, kishi maintained consistent characterization.

for bleach, it doesn't matter because ichigo never quite noticed girls. the real miracle is that he married anyone instead of standing around for years shouting "what are you talking about?" when someone asked him on a date.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Expected a lovely end, never imagined it would just rip Naruto's ending.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

No, that's only if everyone gets married. And given Bleach's bloated cast, that's a loving lot.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Because Sasuke is essentially a broken person and putting him into a relationship with Sakura does neither person any favors as it just exacerbates Sakura's obsession with him and Sasuke's negative traits as he proceeds to take no part in his child's life at all and for a character who just came off of attempted murder of the world's leaders, that's loving stupid. The Naruto and Hinata side is whatever, that would be fine, Boruto's still lovely though and Himawari has a stupid face. Pairing all of the other characters together in this really incestuous way is also dumb as it's just showing that Kishimoto wants you to care about something the audience probably wouldn't since these characters were barely focused on. I mean the latter is not the case, because there's ton of people out there who are super happy that x couple got together, but it's like "Why?" Also the kids are just dumb in general and ripoffs of their parents too except Sarada, which is especially lame.

Serious Frolicking posted:

for bleach, it doesn't matter because ichigo never quite noticed girls. the real miracle is that he married anyone instead of standing around for years shouting "what are you talking about?" when someone asked him on a date.

Yeah, I'm not gonna deny this.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I still can't get over the loving name Boruto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The name Boruto is still the worst thing about the ending, oh my god

• Locked thread