Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredT.E.C.
Dec 28, 2006

I'm the shounen-prophet
I've been caught up with the series since the Fullbringer arc despite not having read much more than 10 chapters after that. Here's the formula: Bad Guy is X. Turns out Ichigo is 1/2 X. Yell at Bad Guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.
Bleach Manga Thread 14: Bad Guy is X. Turns out Ichigo is 1/2 X. Yell at Bad Guy.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Ichigo Fullbending Kurosakiguez. He's 40% [BADGUY]!

Thoren
May 28, 2008
According to his dad, Ichigo isn't a Shinigami, so there :colbert:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Ichigo has been the perfect Arancar this whole time!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ichigo is really a gigai with no soul inserted. The entire story of bleach has been of one man carrying around the lifeless doll body of Ichigo and then sort of tossing it at the villains. That's right- Keigo is the real hero of Bleach.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I don't know if this has been brought up but shouldn't Rukia have known Isshin at the start of the series? I mean if the stuff happening in the flashback happened 20-30 years before the series then I'm pretty sure Rukia would know Isshin was a captain.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

slev posted:

I don't know if this has been brought up but shouldn't Rukia have known Isshin at the start of the series? I mean if the stuff happening in the flashback happened 20-30 years before the series then I'm pretty sure Rukia would know Isshin was a captain.

She should especially know since she stabbed Isshin's brother to death and was wracked with guilt about it her whole life.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

She should especially know since she stabbed Isshin's brother to death and was wracked with guilt about it her whole life.

Has this been explicitly confirmed exactly? All I know is that Isshin is from the Shiba clan, I don't remember them saying anything about being an immediate brother to Kaien.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Terror Sweat posted:

Kaien would be Isshin's nephew or cousin, not his brother.

Well, that is if Kuukaku was referring to Isshin when she said "Uncle".

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

slev posted:

We don't know when Rukia entered the Gotei 13 do we? She's about 150 but she could've been loving around in Rukongai with Renji, Kira and Hinamori for 120+ years for all we know. Also Isshin has changed a little bit, maybe that would be enough to make her not recognize him.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

RatHat posted:

We don't know when Rukia entered the Gotei 13 do we? She's about 150 but she could've been loving around in Rukongai with Renji, Kira and Hinamori for 120+ years for all we know. Also Isshin has changed a little bit, maybe that would be enough to make her not recognize him.

I'm pretty sure Byakuya said he adopted her into the family like 50 years ago. Or maybe it was Renji that said that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Scyantific posted:

Has this been explicitly confirmed exactly? All I know is that Isshin is from the Shiba clan, I don't remember them saying anything about being an immediate brother to Kaien.

Isshin is from the "branch" family of the Shiba clan, not the "main" family, whatever that means.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

VJeff posted:

Isshin is from the "branch" family of the Shiba clan, not the "main" family, whatever that means.

I think it means a cadet line, a family descended from a second son or something. So they have the same surname but the titles won't come to them unless all the main family die.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/531 It's up.

Hooray! Engetsu! :toot: But oh no! Aizen! :argh:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

VJeff posted:

Dammit Kubo, stop making me enjoy Bleach!

In all seriousness, this is definitely a much tighter story than Kubo's given us in the past. Aizen showing up is.... strange, I think. Obviously, he doesn't want his little side-project washed down the drain but to get active in the fight so quickly makes me wonder exactly how strong Engetsu actually is.

So, what if Mugetsu didn't actually hurt Aizen but forcibly reversed part of his transformation? I had always assumed that it jsut hurt Aizen so much that he had to regen from it but what if it actually sealed part of his reiatsu, to the point where it was making him more human? gently caress it, what if it's the technique to send souls back to the human world? Bleach seems to have a massive hard on for the cycle of death and rebirth, so what if that was actually the opposite of a Soul Burial. Isshin uses it on the hollow and that's how we get Ichigo?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Really enjoyed the art for this chapter especially Isshin releasing Engetsu.

Plot wise, I'm not sure how I feel about Aizen being directly involved like this, and so early on.

I enjoyed the first flashback arc more than the stuff directly surrounding it and I expect it'll be the same for this one, I'm just well aware that Kubo has terrible pacing and would really like him to not screw this up. Pretty promising so far, though.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

VJeff posted:

I am really enjoying these latest chapters. It's so cool :allears:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Robviously posted:

So, what if Mugetsu didn't actually hurt Aizen but forcibly reversed part of his transformation? I had always assumed that it jsut hurt Aizen so much that he had to regen from it but what if it actually sealed part of his reiatsu, to the point where it was making him more human? gently caress it, what if it's the technique to send souls back to the human world? Bleach seems to have a massive hard on for the cycle of death and rebirth, so what if that was actually the opposite of a Soul Burial. Isshin uses it on the hollow and that's how we get Ichigo?

I believe the explanation for Aizen's defeat was that Ichigo's attack was so powerful, that the Hoagie abandoned Aizen for being so comparatively weak. Upon abandoning him, it took his god powers (but not his Soul Reaper powers, since he apparently used them against YWACH).

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I wonder if Ishida's mom is that housemaid. They, uh...have the same hair color, or whatever.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Genocyber posted:

I believe the explanation for Aizen's defeat was that Ichigo's attack was so powerful, that the Hoagie abandoned Aizen for being so comparatively weak. Upon abandoning him, it took his god powers (but not his Soul Reaper powers, since he apparently used them against YWACH).

It didn't take all of his god powers, since he's still immortal / unkillable, hence why he was locked in prison rather than executed.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Mangastream chapter is up.

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Need I remind you!? The foolish receive no mercy...

Surec posted:

Shake yo Äs Nödt, but YWACH yourself

Seconding that this really needs to be the thread title, if possible.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Guess this pretty much confirms Aizen as the end-all villain of the series.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

I enjoyed the first flashback arc more than the stuff directly surrounding it and I expect it'll be the same for this one, I'm just well aware that Kubo has terrible pacing and would really like him to not screw this up. Pretty promising so far, though.

It's probably easier for him to write those flashbacks right than the chapters set in the present since there's only a handful of characters and not much story to go over relative to the main story. He can probably plan them out a lot easier weeks, if not months in advance since they only take a few chapters up. Tite seems to be a really good mangaka when he has the time to plan things out, but fall apart pretty badly under pressure and just goes with whatever sounds good off the top of his head.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The Hollow's mask looks a lot like Ichigo's.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The Hollow's mask looks a lot like Ichigo's.

The mask, horns and Cero fire look like Ichigo's crazy Hollow form. The sword hands look like Ichigo's Mugetsu form as well. :ohdear:

Edit: More to the point- is Aizen using Div 12's systems to watch the fight in Karakura town? And are Aizen and co. wearing Urahara's special reiatsu-hiding cloaks?

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 27, 2013

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
It's interesting that the hollow's hole is sealed it reminded me that way back in the first volume it was mentioned that loving with a Hollow's Hole is a bad thing so what does it mean if it's sealed up?

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I've figured it out. Ichigo was a sword all along.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Thoren posted:

I've figured it out. Ichigo was a sword all along.

Ichigo IS Zangetsu. :psyboom:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Smornstein posted:

It's interesting that the hollow's hole is sealed it reminded me that way back in the first volume it was mentioned that loving with a Hollow's Hole is a bad thing so what does it mean if it's sealed up?

I'm more curious about what exactly is plugging up his hollow hole. It looks like flesh of some kind. Also, it's nice to see that the Quincies are just as dickish, lazy and incompetent as the Shinigami. "Oh what's that, a huge hollow spirit force attacking the town? No bother, let the mudbloods take care of it after it kills the Shinigami. Pure bloods like us need not dirty our hands with actual work.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

SerSpook posted:

Ichigo IS Zangetsu. :psyboom:
He's a hollow! *slap*
He's a quincy! *slap*
He's a hollow! *slap*
He's a quincy! *slap*
He's a hollow and a quincy!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

tsob posted:

I'm more curious about what exactly is plugging up his hollow hole.

It's dough. He's a gingerbread man, that's why you can't catch him.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

pseudonordic posted:

And are Aizen and co. wearing Urahara's special reiatsu-hiding cloaks?

Considering this take place after TBTP, it appears that Aizen has recreated the reiatsu cloak Urahara made.

Aizen is just a big copy cat, stealing all of Urahara's ideas.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

Fhate posted:

Kaien would be Isshin's nephew or cousin, not his brother.

Well, that is if Kuukaku was referring to Isshin when she said "Uncle".

That's how I read this. Kaien and Ganju were her brothers, and she referred to Isshin as "Uncle", so Kaien was his nephew. So Ichigo is their cousin.

Edit: And this chapter was awesome. I am digging this whole flashback arc. That hollow thing looking EXACTLY like Ichigo's super hollow form is super exciting. I really hope Kubo ties it in well, and doesn't do something all hackneyed. But he's been good lately, so I'm hopeful.

AlistairCookie fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 27, 2013

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Kubo really does like drawing smug Aizen doesn't he?

FredT.E.C.
Dec 28, 2006

I'm the shounen-prophet
As I recall a hollow's hole is from its regrets in life. Clearly Aizen has finally come to terms with his homosexuality and wants to tell the world, except he is only met with hostility. It is truly a sad story but hopefully he will stay strong and persevere.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Batmasterson posted:

Aizen is just a big copy cat, stealing all of Urahara's ideas.

You know when he's all alone and no one is around to smug at, this is what he obsesses over in anger. The real question is if he'll ever realize that instead of puppet mastering everything for the last hundred or so years he's just been a pawn.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

FredT.E.C. posted:

As I recall a hollow's hole is from its regrets in life.

Maybe hollow Ichigo has a sealed hole as it hasn't yet had a life to form regrets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
The hollow will become Baby Ichigo via the power of love.

• Locked thread