Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Whoa. Sixth. :blush: I had no idea I posted that much in the Bleach thread... I thought that I commented quite infrequently! Of course, since it's nearly 4 times less than the highest ranked poster, and since the Bleach 13 thread lasted a really long time, I guess it's more of a duration thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

tsob posted:

I'm more curious about what exactly is plugging up his hollow hole.

It's dough. He's a gingerbread man, that's why you can't catch him.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I wonder if fans at the convention appearances Kubo's been at have ever thought to ask him about these things in person? What would he say? Or would he just shrug and be Kubo about it?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

It's awkward to say that a female character has "balls". :raise:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

Ovaries are things that exist, you know. :colbert:

I'd have just rendered it as some variant of "That girl's got guts."

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Archenteron posted:

The manga is suffering from a shameful lack of hadou/kidou/bakudou incantations, yes.

I don't care what anyone says, Barrigan vs. Hachigen & Soi-Fon was the best loving fight of the whole drat series. Sooo much kido. :swoon:

And the final reversal trick was pretty awesome too.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

So if the Vizoreds are Shinigami/Hollow hybrids, and Arrancars are Hollow/Shinigami hybrids, what're Quincy/Hollow hybrids? I'd like to see that.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

BlackArtistik posted:

More like, "Since when were you under the impression that you were in a bar?"

You were drinking orange juice all this time.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

If Johan Sebastian Bach / Yahweh is the progenitor of all Quincies, then does that make Ishida and Ichigo distant relatives if we accept that the bloodline can be inherited from the mother if there are no other male successors?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Will we ever learn just what the heck Nemu is supposed to be? Or see her shikai?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

If there's Soul Tickets to get to Soul Society, does that mean they get to ride on that Soul Train? :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I hope that, whatever he makes next, he gives it a real feeling of energy and just... plain fun. Do you remember the last time that Bleach was actually just goofy and fun? Gosh, it must've been, what, like two hundred chapters ago or more! I hope he starts his next manga with the same energy and pacing and just keeps going at it like that.

And for God's sake no more wizard battle supernatural poo poo. Do a manga about delinquents or something!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Jesus Christ. :stare:

I'd forgotten how incredibly graphic that scene was. That's like the very edge of what's allowable in a shonen magazine. And, thinking about it, Kubo's done some pretty dark/creepy violent scenes in Bleach and Zombie Powder-- I'll always remember when Gamma showed off the evil rings and it sprouted tons of these tentacles with little hands that burrowed under his fingernails and crept up his arm under the skin. Brr! Gives me chills just thinking about it.

Whatever he does next, I hope he does a seinen manga where he can get away with more stuff like that -- maybe he should try for a monthly serial in Shonen Jump Plus or whatever it was that Claymore was serialized in. I think he'd be excellent at it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Is it just me, or does Matsumoto wear an increasingly revealing outfit after every training arc?

I think it's just you. Matsumoto's bust size and outfit have always been ridiculous. She just changed her hair, that's all.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

RatHat posted:

Kubo said he was dead.

Just because Kubo says they're dead doesn't mean they're dead! Nobody is dead. Everyone is dead.

And as for God...?

God is dead.

:negative:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

For me, I guess Bleach has just ... gotten... boring. I dunno. Ever since the Fullbringer arc, it feels like we've been watching reruns. Haven't we seen this exact same kind of fight countless times before already? Even the Hueco Mundo arc had its interesting moments, like the Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra fight and suchlike. Going to new places, seeing new stuff, it was fun, even if it was kind of stretched out. What, in the past two or three years of Bleach, has actually been cool? Can we name something, even one scene, one image, that made us actually say "Well drat, that looks pretty badass!"?

It's really too bad. I'm glad that this is the last arc. I look forward to what Kubo does next.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

So Yhwach's name resembling YHWH isn't a coincidence. Interesting.

What's more, the Japanese language doesn't seem to distinguish "B" and "V" sounds in the same way that it doesn't distinguish between "L" and "R". So YOD HEH VAV HEH could conceivably be rendered as "Yu Ha Ba Ha". Basically, he's the God of the Hebrews!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Bleach Manga Thread 15: YHWACH's Witnesses.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Can you remember how many ice cubes you have eaten in your life?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Gyges posted:

Sorry, Byakuya is the only person allowed to use kido. Sure there's a kido corps, but they get less screen time than squad 4's medics.

Really wish kido corps actually did stuff.

I think Hinamori would beg to differ! It's too bad she spends much of her time getting stabbed in the back. :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

"Why must we endure something as painful as living? Life is so harsh and full of pain..."

:emo:

EDIT: Holy crap! Yachiru got punched in the face! I definitely didn't expect that. I hope Isane gets to pull some cool magic stuff, I love Kido and she's been shown as reasonably proficient in it.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 26, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Look I just want to see Tsukishima carelessly insert himself into someone's past and explode from a paradox. This is all I want from the Fullbringers.

What happens if he inserts himself into his own past? :aaa:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

What if Imagination guy is lying and his power really is just "turn anything I want into cookies"?:v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

It would be really funny if at the end of this arc, it was just revealed that the entire plot after the end of Soul Society was actually an illusion. Right on Soukyoku Hill, when all the soul reapers were about to fight Aizen, Aizen actually activated his bankai, creating an entirely artificial reality, in which the entire cast had been playing out their lives entirely unaware -- including Aizen's defeat and the Quincy war. The Fullbringers were entirely made up all this time!

Finally, when the illusion breaks, everyone returns to the end of the Soul Society Arc with a dumbfounded look on their faces. Aizen is there, and he removes the Hougyoku from Rukia, flips his hair, and checks out, with a smug look on his face. The end!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Why can't he just imagine that he's made of a material that even Kenpachi couldn't cut?

Can God create a burrito so big that not even He could eat it?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Because his power only works if he's imagining a clearly-defined object or substance. Meaning that he has to know EXACTLY what he's changing something into on a realistic level, not just a theoretical or hypothetical one.

In this case, that means he has to know exactly what kind of material Kenpachi couldn't cut, and then imagine that his body is that material. If he doesn't know the exact identity of the material, though, then he can't manifest it, because his brain has no idea what to manifest.

Make sense?

Yes, I suppose that does make sense! It basically boils down to a childrens' playground game-type situation. "Bang! I shoot you!" "No, because I had bulletproof armor." "But I still kill you, because it's an armor piercing bullet!" "No you don't, because--" Etc.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

It should've been one of those little trick flowers that squirt water.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Is Giselle the black-haired one? I really like her, she's the weirdest, and the craziest, and she makes the funniest faces! They're all really fun characters, and way better than the Chimera Trio back in the Arrancar arc.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 4, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Gisele has been the sole redeeming feature of the last 4 weeks of Bleach. She really is incredibly entertaining -- all her bizarre creepy psycho reactions to everything are just wonderful!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

It would be nice if Mayuri were there, because we could have Mayuri vs. Death Girl.

A matchup made in heaven! Get all the crazies out and see who can out-crazy the other! :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

Also Uharaha "My bankai is simply not the kind of bankai that can be used for training others or lending them power" (ch 224 I think).

I'll betcha his bankai gives everyone else in a 10 km radius whatever disease it is that he's got.

Actually, it turns out he's just super strong and suppressing the symptoms with his reiatsu, and that actually he's infected with Ghost-TB, -H5N1, and -Ebola all at once, so that everyone who gets it pretty much collapses into a mass of disease.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

You seem to be thinking of Ukitake, aka Captain Tuberculosis, not Urahara, aka Scruffy Hats McGee.

Oh yes, that's right!

Ahh, we haven't seen his bankai either, though, heh!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I mean, to be fair, it's probably realistic that a pair of teenagers that were randomly handed super powers aren't all that great at using them. Ichigo's competence is really the more shocking and ridiculous thing.

Has there ever been a story where this has happened, though? I think it'd be pretty fun to read that!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

"Gay people can tell if you're a man by the smell of your cum."
______/

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Maybe he meant that he can smell a man's scent, whatever that means. At any rate, yeah, that is a completely terrible translation! Wow!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

AlistairCookie posted:

Anyone else get a Dandy vibe off of Kirinji? (I've been watching Space Dandy lately, although TBH I'm not sure why.)

Bleach Manga Thread 15: You Smell Like Semen

Bleach Manga Thread 15: I Dream Of An Afterlife Where Everything Is Covered In Semen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C3RrvZMx-M

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yes! This is the match we've been waiting for! Mayuri, who once resurrected Nemu with a strange technique versus "Cum Stank" Giselle! The next chapter will surely regale us with sticky smelly spiritron struggle! :suicide:

EDIT: Speaking "seriously" though, I think Kubo's next manga should be a slice-of-life gag comedy like SKET Dance or Gintama. He's really fantastic about it.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 15, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

He's shining bright for everyone -- the Queen of the scene, living in a dream!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

Or totally ignore it because who cares?

At the very least, Viz will probably have to reconsider the rating that's printed on its trade paperback volumes. Currently, I believe that Bleach is labeled "T", but they might have to change the labels to "OT" (Older Teen) to reflect the content. They might also have to reconsider publishing the chapter (or at least censoring it) in their monthly Shonen Jump anthology magazine, since the content of that magazine is skewed towards the 14 and under group, I believe.

• Locked thread