Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Prison Warden posted:

May as well do this for this thread too.

Top Posters of Thread 13

code:
Serious Frolicking 	623
tsob 			254
Nilbop 			231
Gyges 			211
Silver2195 		180
DrSunshine 		167
Kild 			160
RatHat 			154
VJeff 			140
Rainbow Pony Deluxe 	133
pixaal 			132
I barely break into the top 20 this time.
:toot:

Given my ranking on all the lists for the new threads, it's pretty clear that my job is way better than I gave it credit. Now if only I could get them to let me drink while I'm there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Ichigo has been the perfect Arancar this whole time!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Batmasterson posted:

Aizen is just a big copy cat, stealing all of Urahara's ideas.

You know when he's all alone and no one is around to smug at, this is what he obsesses over in anger. The real question is if he'll ever realize that instead of puppet mastering everything for the last hundred or so years he's just been a pawn.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Man, evil Aizen would be a super dick. Unless that's like a double negative and he's like the nicest dude ever.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Half of Dracula posted:

Maybe whatever Aizen took from Rangiku is what was used as the base for the alpha arrancar that Isshin is fighting. Ichigo and Rangiku both have orange hair. It's canon!

(Actually, Rangiku just has orange hair in the anime, it's supposed to be blonde...)

Maybe Aizen stole her Quincy powers since everyone with Orange hair is going to turn out to be a Kurosaki.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lintwhite posted:

I'd totally endorse a spin-off of this but I'm imagining it like a wacky sitcom where all three live together. Watch as Isshin and Ryuuken navigate their way through med school while Masaki cheers them on! And you can't forget the Very Special Chapter where Masaki goes into labor in the middle of the night and both Ryuuken and Isshin elbow each other out of the way to help her: "Don't worry, I'm a doctor." "You're just an intern!" Cue the laugh track :allears:

I hope when newborn baby Ichigo cries he's got the Vizard sound filter on.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Guilty posted:

You really think that Urahara 'just happens' to do what he does in this manga?

In this case, it looks like he was walking around in spirit form and wasn't expecting to run into a human that could see/touch him. At least it seemed to me that Masaki's friends didn't notice him.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Collar popped or unpopped?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So I guess Ishida is going to use his powers via Urahara to fix Masaki, sealing both their powers. Which causes grandma Ishida to exile Masaki, which completely embitters Ryuuken toward the Quency and leads to the current situation.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kild posted:

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/85605977/1

the better version is out

What's going on with Ryuken's mom's leg on page 15? Is it similar to Bach's crap?

Looks like just a typical Hollow wound that people get when they're touched by a Hollow.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Maybe he Final Getsuga's Masaki's hollow into remission, robbing both of them of their powers.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zyla posted:

Whoa, whats with the NSFW language here?

Just talkin' about spiritual healing, man. Can't help if it sounds dirty to your non-ghost ears. Look forward to lots of names being called out while Masaki is bathed in spiritons from the surrounding dudes.

quote:

Also I hope this explains how Yuzu and Karin are born too.

This whole thing seems set up for "died in child birth" but ichigo has two younger sisters.

We know that Masaki doesn't die until Ichigo is a little boy and his sisters are already born. Kain and Yuzu are the result of boring old non-spirit procreation. Though I guess it is still Isshin going Ghost with the roll of Whoopie Goldberg being played by technologically advanced spirit real doll.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 18, 2013

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Probably the maid, which is part of why Uryu isn't as good as his dad. The only other choice seems to be Uryu's grandma and I don't think this is that type of manga.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RatHat posted:

Hate to break it to you, but cousins get married all the time.

At the same time, living with your cousin is a lot more normal than living with your high school arranged marriage superhuman fiance. Kurosaki and Ishida seem to be more like clans than simply the last name of some dude, his sister, and their offspring. Masaki and Ryuken probably are somewhat related though since I'd assume the last known Quincy clans would have intermarried at least a little before now.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Batmasterson posted:

I find it interesting when Urahara is explaining Hollowfication and says something along the lines of "we explored the procedure to give Shinigami quick and efficient upgrades." Who is the we he refers to? And I remember him first looking at hollowfication as a way to prevent the Shinigami disappearances? At least that is what he tells Tessai.

Well, Mayuri was his research buddy and semi-co founder of the Research Division. Plus most of Aizen's frame job of him was pointing to Urahara's research and saying, "check this poo poo out".

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lintwhite posted:

Early spoilers are out on Bleach Asylum but it's not much right now, given it's a Monday: "Isshin says to Ichigo: You already know what happens after you're born, so I don't have to tell you, but there is one thing you still don't know, which is what happened on the day your mother died: the real reason of her death."

Exciting!

Please let it be a 4 page splash of little Ichigo stepping on a crack.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's kind of a shame that the best relationship is between a dead lady and her ex-ghost husband that only happens in flashback.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zogundar posted:

You know what I'd like to see to facilitate further exposition to fill in the blanks left in this flashback?

Most people are assuming sometime after this Ishida or maybe Ryuuken will teach Ichigo Quincy stuff, but how about this: Katagiri is alive and SHE trains Ichigo. :aaa: I mean, why introduce her now and then never mention her again, right? Right?

Yeah it'll never happen :smith:

I still kind of hope that Ichigo just gets his Quincy training from inside his head. Either ghost mom does it, breaking out of Ichigo's inner Hollow, or he remembers the weird exercises she used to always do.

I just really want to see Ichigo point blank shoot someone in the face with his new Quincy powers.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Aren't they just the ash zombies of people killed with that particular sword? So unless old man Yamamoto is the one who killed Ichigo's mom, I don't see how she's going to show up.

Actually, was Yamamoto a big enough dick to have gone and killed some woman who was just walking with her son and got attacked by a Hollow? I mean, his one defining feature, other than incompetence, was being an inflexible rear end, but that big an rear end?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Ok, I'm still not sure why Ichigo's mom got her Quincy powers ganked. Bach apparently gobbled up all the powers of impure Quincy, but wasn't she a pure blood Quincy, last of her line?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SerSpook posted:

She'd been tainted by the hollow. This is also why she was kicked out of the Ishida household.

Yeah, but I figured Bach did a more generic move than simply checking off a list of which Quincy he'd steal the power from. Unless he did something individually, she's still a pure Quincy so she shouldn't be effected. Especially since her Hollow was sealed up tight in a double layer of Ichigo and Urahara/Ishin techno-ghost wrapping.

Edit: And the Mangastream translation answers the question. Congratulations on specifically pissing on the last Quincy and his Omnipowered friend.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 15, 2013

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

yeah, so about that Soul King? Like, are those dudes just Nihlistic as gently caress or have they just been totally oblivious for 9000 years? Scratch that. If Isshin knew about it, then Urahara knows, Genryuusai knew, all the other captains knew, Aizen knew, and Ryuuken knew when Ichigo was still a kid. What's point of letting the world's biggest threat just hang out in Quincy Space until they were ready to destroy your world?

This is stupid and I don't see how Ichigo is related to this, honestly.

Sorry, have you met anyone from Soul Society? If there's a dumb or dickish way to do something, that's the way it shall be done. Quincy King in a mystic 1000 year slumber? gently caress it, poo poo'll work itself out. Or we could kill a bunch of Quincy then forget about it. Yeah lets do that.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Serious Frolicking posted:

What number from 1-10 doesn't have mystical significance in some culture or another?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BlitzBlast posted:

Remodeled into the exact same thing?

Well, we don't know how much the same it is other than it looks the same.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

But really, Renji can't replace the blades on his bankai but Mayuri can replace the baby, blade and poison parts on his at will. Considering that the primary example of a bankai being destroyed is Mayuri, this is nothing but a retcon.

One the other hand, Mayuri is the only person who actually constructed their Bankai. Since his is already less an organic extension of his powers and more a Frankenstein, it's really not that unreasonable that it works differently than the others.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

If Yoruichi fights a quincy during this arc, then she would be better off not bringing her sword out at all. The time has come and gone. I don't really mind that SWORD MANGA: SWORDS GONE WILD has one less sword in it. It just seems odd that the matter never came up.

Wasn't the whole point with the fake Bach that in order to steal a bankai the thief has to understand it's limits? If so, Yoruichi is probably the best choice to pull out her sword and yell bankai. At least the first time where she helpfully explains everything about her bankai to the Quincies she's fighting.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Brightman posted:

This made me laugh a bit too much.

Also I'm not sure if Ichigo was trying to complete that initial task with the asauchi or if this was him legitimately getting one like normal shinigami do and he's going to get a new sword (and probably a new set of powers and clothes) after this. This would explain why it didn't look like Zangetsu.

Let's be honest. There's no way in hell Ichigo comes out of training without a new set of clothes. New clothes are the most important part of power ups in Bleach.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Out of curiosity, did the Jump translation clear up whether Quincy King Bach sucked up the powers of Quincies who aren't pure blooded or a list of specific Quincies?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

One day Manga Panda will churn out a good translation, completely by accident though it may be. That will be the signal for the end of times.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shoren posted:

Fair enough I couldn't remember. So there you have it, Aizen accidentally used Nimaiya's asauchi forging method to create White.

As much as Aizen is fond of everything actually being part of his master plan, it seems pretty reasonable that he purposefully used a variation of the forging method to create White.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I Love Annie May posted:

:10bux: that this new Zangetsu has the same shape and the same techniques as the first one.

Guessing it looks completely different. Kind of hoping for something teutonic. The Quincy creates a manifestation to look Shinigami and the unfettered Shinigami powers manifest to look Quincyish as a gently caress you.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

FrantzX posted:

He does a lucky dance in the middle of a life or death battle?

Come now, Ichigo isn't that cool and you know it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nemu is a vice captain. She also has no rights and no one cares what Mayuri does to her. Again, no one cares about what he does.

Nobody cares what anyone not in their direct chain of command does in Soul Society. Crazy psychopaths killing their way to the top and fighting everything? gently caress if I care, not like I'm in Squad 11.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You're being far too generous in your portrayal of how much Yamamoto cared. There's lots of problems that could have been solved with fire that he still didn't deal with.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I'm calling it from right now:

Ishida kills Yhwach with Quincy final-final(It's for real this time guys, no lie) form, spout a few lines about ending the Quincy's sordid history and then real big bad (soul King/aizen/Soul Kaizen) shows up and starts laughing about how Quincy were the last seal holding him back from devouring the world or some poo poo.

Ichigo power up, he win.

Rest of cast are left feeling horribly unfulfilled.

He doesn't have the glove now, so it's got to be a double secret technique passed down exclusively through the the family.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lestaki posted:

Why do these dudes even care about the designated successor when their Emperor is an undying, thousand year lich thing anyway?

Well, either Uryu or Ichigo are probably his phylactery.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Wonder how long until Uryu finds out that Ichigo is a Quincy and Bach also killed his mother as well. How do you work out the vengeance dibs on that?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is Bach just lying for the hell of it when he says Uryu's the only non-pure Quincy to survive Quincy Krstallnacht, or does he not realize that Ichigo is the most impure Quincy/whatever magical being floats your boat ever?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dexo posted:

You realize that just means Jenkins is going to get killed.

Your best bet would be to have the Captain killing rear end in a top hat as the Captain, while having Jenkins as Vice Captain to prevent the rear end in a top hat from ruining everything.

Given the stellar record of Soul Society, Jenkins and at least 4 of his replacements would be iced before the recommendation notes signed by other captains quit showing up.

It would make for a classic Monty Python sketch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Emery posted:

It always kind of pissed me off that Ichigo was standing right there while Momo got brutally attacked by pretty much everyone and only bothered to say "What are you guys doing?!" after the presumed killshot was made. I mean there's an argument to be made that Aizen made it so Ichigo's pleading didn't get through, but we didn't even really get a sign of that. It was just Ichigo standing there going "Maybe I should say something? Maybe this is part of the plan? Nah, I better say something".

I imagine that in his head it was a lot like the joke by Louise C.K. about the guy on a bike.

• Locked thread