Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Hell yes. Gonna be a good time for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I think Songs for the Deaf is pretty much the perfect album. I could listen to that album every day and never get tired of hearing it.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Haha, that would probably sound great if not for Baby's First Live Audio Mix.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I hope that sticks. Looks way better than the blue/black one.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
That album art is rad. Loving it.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
They've been one of my favorite bands for over a decade, and I have never seen them live. Ridiculous, and I hope to fix that very soon.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
That is loving awesome.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Spoilered just in case people don't want to know or something. You put in your phone number, and then a creepy dude calls you and recites what I assume are some song lyrics in a creepy way. Then it sends you a text saying "come back on May 6th."

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Tychtrip posted:

Here is a 30 second clip of "I Appear Missing". Was a promo on Adult Swim last night, apparently.

Expectations at an all-time high right now... Might have to finally pre-order this beast.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 6, 2013

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Yeah I'm really enjoying all of the new songs. The laid back groove on If I Had a Tail is really cool, and I love that ringshift guitar. This album is going to be so awesome.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

whatis posted:

Is that Reznor kicking in at 1:20 there? Sounds like Trent does the first line, Josh does the 2nd.

Either way, gently caress is that a good teaser

Yeah that's definitely Trent. Awesome. I wanted to wait to hear any more clips from this album, but I couldn't help myself. It seems we've already heard a good portion of the thing already, but it's definitely a great way to hype it up. Sounds so good.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Hedrigall posted:

Image by Jirat Patradoon (Australian artist who went to the same art school as I did).

Boneface is a known rip-off artist

Most of those don't really look like ripoffs so much as they are vaguely similar, or doing things that weren't terribly original in the first place. It's reaching quite a bit on some of them. I've also never heard of Boneface until today.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Yodzilla posted:

These music videos are neat but I've never really been a fan of that Flash style of marionetting animation.

Yeah, the fight scene in that video looks pretty silly. I wonder if there's one of those videos for every track, though, and if they're just for clips, or if they go on for the whole song. That would be very cool.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Dear Satan,

Please speed up time for me so that the next four hours goes by like nothing at all so I can get home and smoke trees and listen to an album by a band I love. Thanks.

Your Loyal Servant,
Cpt. Spring Types, Esq.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
It's not as solidly rockin as I had hoped, but there's clearly a ton of passion and emotion put into these tracks, and that's just as good for me. Some of these songs are downright beautiful. Not their greatest album, but it's really loving good. So dark and groovy :fap:

Edit: The end of Fairweather Friends is loving awesome.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 16, 2013

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Lord Zafo posted:

If I Had A Tail is the smoothest goddamn poo poo I've ever heard, holy gently caress.
It's definitely one of my favorites on the album, but after it was pointed out that it totally sounds like Gimme Shelter, it's all I can hear. Doesn't make it less enjoyable, just makes me think maybe I should start listening to the Stones after not being that into them for a long time.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

oatgan posted:

QOTSA has never been within 300 miles of my hometown so this is the first time I've ever seen them live! It's really good.

Alains Johannes was amazing.

I've never seen them either, so this is a nice treat. Really great show so far, they're playing a load of great songs.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Jesus, Smooth Sailing sounds so awesome live.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Awesome...

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
That's how you end a loving set.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Who's Brant?

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

llibja posted:

Brant Bjork, Kyuss drummer.

Oh poo poo. Haha, nice.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 24, 2013

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Got mine in today as well. Packaging looks amazing, I can't wait to sit down and listen to it.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Just grabbed a couple tickets for the Red Rocks show next week. It'll be my first time seeing them, and I am ridiculously excited.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Were they showing Birdemic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

CaptainJuan posted:

oh my god you guys.

I love the part where he flips them off. Sly, Josh, real sly...

• Locked thread