Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

gently caress yeah. I was just watching Sound City the other night, and when Josh Homme was on screen, I kept wondering when the next QOTSA album was due out. It's been far too long since Era Vulgaris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

tomm posted:

:siren: My God Is The Sun is up. :siren:

It's very nice sounding.

Oh baby :flashfap:

It's been far too long since the last really great Queens song. This owns.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Manoueverable posted:

I know, I know, youtube comments and all that, but quite a few people are down on this song.

idgi it owns a lot :confused:

They're not real fans :colbert:

Bliggers- posted:

They already have confirmed select festival dates, so yes. 100% chance of a North American tour.

Knowing QOTSA they will tour this album for 3 loving years too.

God, I hope they come to New Orleans. I've never seen them live but I have a feeling they put on a killer live show :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bliggers- posted:

I was going to say you guys will not believe the sheer number of children and first time concert goers at a qotsa show, but it turns out some of you are in that same group.

It's somewhat cute. You guys aren't teenagers or something right? gently caress I feel old.

Please don't mosh or crowdsurf, that poo poo ain't cool.

I'm 22. Been to a number of concerts before. I don't mosh or crowdsurf, just enjoy the music :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

On my first listen now and I'm a few tracks in. It's a little bit too...clean for me, I guess. I'm more of a fan of QOTSA's dirtier, more raw, more furious stuff. That's what I think they do best and I can't get enough of it. I don't think this album has enough of it. It's still good, I suppose, but I doubt I'm going to listen to it very much in the future. I'll probably just listen to the other better Queens album instead of this.

My God Is The Sun is the only real standout on this one so far.

edit: Kalopsia's pretty good too.

edit2: So is Fairweather Friends. poo poo, is the second half of the album a lot better than the first? "I don't give a poo poo about them anyhow" :laffo:

edit3: Yeah, the second half is definitely better. I didn't care for the first half that much, but tracks 5-10 all rule.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 17, 2013

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bobby Digital posted:

The only track I'm not a big fan of is Kalopsia, and I'm pretty sure that's because I'm allergic to Trent Reznor.

People were saying he comes in at 1:20 and I couldn't even tell it was him, and NIN and HTDA are two of my favorite bands :confused:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

7.3 out of 10 from Pitchfork

quote:

Queens haven’t fully abandoned brawn and ballast (combustible lead single “My God Is the Sun” is up to their usual paint-stripping standards), but those qualities are now being harnessed for greater emotional impact, particularly on the penultimate “I Appear Missing”. It's a power ballad that perfectly bridges the divide between Queens’ hard and soft extremes, pitting Homme’s crestfallen melody against a sleeping giant of a chorus that proves to be as raging as anything in the band’s repertoire; when Homme shifts to falsetto for the song’s calamitous closing minute, it’s less a show of cheekiness than vulnerability. Homme initially chose his band name to subvert the machismo inherent to hard rock and, more than any of their records before it, ...Like Clockwork feels like the ultimate realization of that mission. To invoke an old glam proverb, it kicks like a mule even when it dresses like a queen.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yodzilla posted:

What a stupid chain of events.

Pitchfork posted an article about this and they only posted the last paragraph of that quote. I was confused as gently caress.

Maybe they've updated it since, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Does anyone know if they're going to upload QotSA's set in full to YouTube, at least temporarily? When YouTube broadcast Coachella, they did that for some bands: you could re-watch previous days' acts for a short amount of time before they got taken down.

I tried to watch it earlier but the stream kept going out on me :smith: Fortunately it was perfectly fine for all of NIN's set, who I really wanted to see the most.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

StarvingRussian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_LPngx_WRo This is the one from Lollapalooza, they put it up today.
Sweet, thanks so much :dance:

I'll look forward to watching this when I get home!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Were they showing Birdemic?
Pfffft, those birds look too high quality for that to be Birdemic.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

QOTSA is playing the Budweiser Made In America fest today in Philly. They go on in 20 minutes and their performance will be livestreamed here, if any of you are interested in watching: http://www.youtube.com/user/MadeInAmericaFest/madeinamericafest

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mr. Mojangles posted:

A friend just linked me a band that does really unique cover-versions of QOTSA-songs.
Every song features a different female vocalist. I found it really neat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6eznWL9oJE

All their songs are on the same youtube channel as this one.
(it's also on spotify)
I could see this being in so many movies

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, that's one of the best band sweatshirt designs I've ever seen :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The funniest part of them getting cut off was that the show ended about two seconds before the song was supposed to end. Like they couldn't even be bothered to air the last couple seconds of the song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

For anyone who wanted to see an uncut version of their Grammy performance, here's the rehearsal footage which is way better than what was televised:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa_wV_TQLoM

Nine Inch Nails play Copy Of A with Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and Lindsey Buckingham first, and then it almost immediately turns into My God Is The Sun.

• Locked thread