Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Wanted to post it first but wasn't sure what to say aside from Finally. Hit F5. And OH MY GOD JUNE YES YES THAT'S MY BIRTHDAY MONTH. THANK YOU FOR THE GIFT, MR. HOMME.

I'm pumped. The time between this and Era Vulgaris was the longest yet, I believe. I mean sure, we got Them Crooked Vultures in 09 but this sounds like it's going to absolutely crush. I cannot wait for the first song/single.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Run Dodo Run posted:

SNIP

Some more collabs on there that haven't been mentioned, UNKLE and Arctic Monkeys chaps.

That would make a sweet poster

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I'm excited to hear the studio version.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I like ...Like Clockwork but if I may slightly derail, I finally listened to Death by Sexy from Eagles of Death Metal a week or two ago. How is that Josh is just so full of riffs, and lyrics, and oozes sex and sexuality and is basically a 6'4" rock god? I can listen to every track on this album although I definitely have my favorites.

But it's fun to listen to this and then ...Like Clockwork and think: the same guy was the mastermind behind each of these albums.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

So recently I was given some Joni Mitchell to listen to and there's something about "Songs for Aging Children Come" that I can't shake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGMzuo6jwjU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

My alarm woke me up late so I got to the show late last night. I'm bummed because their second song was Avon which is my all time favorite of theirs, but I did get an unexpected treat. They played "The Fun Machine Took A poo poo! And Died" and I lost it. No one else in the place seemed to have any idea what was going on. Whatever, it was still great!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Nyx posted:

If you're talking about the St. Paul show, I was also very surprised how many people just stood there with blank stares when TFMTASAD got played. Still an awesome show despite Josh saying he was feeling under the weather.

Yeah, I like to rock out but I went to the Frankie Teardrop show on Sunday and am sore as hell from giving myself the equivalent of a full body workout in about 20 minutes. All the same, I rocked hard and couldn't believe it was happening. I'll get a chance to see Avon again I'm sure, but never The Fun Machine...

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

What about Eagles of Death Metal? Do they count? I think they're supposed to have something new this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

sout posted:

Good call, I listened to all of that a couple times too. I don't recall a lot of it strongly except for Miss Sanders because it's such an odd song

I love all three of their albums but Speaking in Tongues is probably my favorite song. It's ridiculous how versatile and good Josh is on diff instruments.

• Locked thread