Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So I'm getting back into this and it looks like they wiped accounts in February after beta ended. That's fine and all but I spent real-world monies on their funbux and now it's gone. I'm level 1, basic gear and Zombie Studios just ate all that cash.

Am I being stupid or am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

So I'm getting back into this and it looks like they wiped accounts in February after beta ended. That's fine and all but I spent real-world monies on their funbux and now it's gone. I'm level 1, basic gear and Zombie Studios just ate all that cash.

Check your wallet, maybe they put it back into your wallet and you'll need to re-transfer.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Inzombiac posted:

Check you're connecting to the right server.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

So, I decided to hate myself and try to pick up the game after the recoil patch ruined the game for me. Game still sucks BUT Onslaught is probably the most drat fun I've had on the game in a while. On easy it is pretty much the perfect way to chill out on this game after regular matches start to take their toll on my sanity. I even got a bunch of pubbies to take my katanas and breeze though it multiple times.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Inzombiac posted:

I don't think they deleted the beta accounts because there are a lot of "beta tester" tags floating around. You might want to contact support as well to see what's up. I only had to contact them once but they were surprisingly accommodating.

Switched to a 174 HP run-fast build and had some fun:

I also tried running around with a few M4 builds to various levels of disappointment. No idea what I'm doing wrong but I'm starting to think I'm just an AK/HAR tap-firing kind of guy.

Oh, here are all my post patch armor builds for anyone interested:

http://imgur.com/a/q4XnP

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 24, 2013

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
I broke through some kind of wall tonight because I went from barely breaking even on TDM to 30 bombing a Domination and getting hackused (thanks GOON tag!) with like 8 deaths.

Shame it happened a mere hour after my bronze expired. :negative:

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Oh, here are all my post patch armor builds for anyone interested:

http://imgur.com/a/q4XnP

One of the nice things about the last patch is that the yellow Hazmat helmet is now really good (protects from grenades), and it looks gorgeous with the Veteran camo. Better than the various 'gold' helmets, even. Pity it's also the only one of the three I still have to buy, but eh, it's better than throwing more GP down the chance packs.

The red helmet goes great with the free orange Astro camo, too. The green doesn't really have a perfect match, but it's also the least useful of the three by a broad margin, so.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I'm sad now. I played the closed beta way back, even had that dumb Core client. I don't have any of the beta bonus gear or whatever though.

Have they said how long the Onslaught packs are going to be available? I'm not sure if I want to get one, but if I end up playing for a while I'll no doubt regret not getting the silver or gold pack.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
OP suggestion:

SETTINGS: When the game installs (and every time it patches) your video settings will be reset. This means that all the UE3 chrome (motion blur, depth of field, lens flare) will be turned back on, so don't forget to turn it off.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Dezztroy posted:

I'm sad now. I played the closed beta way back, even had that dumb Core client. I don't have any of the beta bonus gear or whatever though.

Have they said how long the Onslaught packs are going to be available? I'm not sure if I want to get one, but if I end up playing for a while I'll no doubt regret not getting the silver or gold pack.

Contact support, they are very quick to give items.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I have the game installed through Steam, it runs fine, I can do the training/practice missions, but whenever I connect to a server I get kicked by Punkbuster B. PB was already installed, I've made sure it's updated, the "test" function says everything's OK, and the "force verify" option in the launcher didn't help. Any other suggestions?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Miss-Bomarc posted:

OP suggestion:

SETTINGS: When the game installs (and every time it patches) your video settings will be reset. This means that all the UE3 chrome (motion blur, depth of field, lens flare) will be turned back on, so don't forget to turn it off.
I play with all chrome on :colbert:

(Good point, added.)

Atomizer posted:

I have the game installed through Steam, it runs fine, I can do the training/practice missions, but whenever I connect to a server I get kicked by Punkbuster B. PB was already installed, I've made sure it's updated, the "test" function says everything's OK, and the "force verify" option in the launcher didn't help. Any other suggestions?
I don't know much about PB issues as I've never had them, but I've had issues with Steam messing up the game version freshly after patches. Try closing Steam and directly running the \Steam\steamapps\common\blacklightretribution\Blacklight Retribution.exe executable (ie the game launcher).

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
Looks like more downtime today. Anyone else having trouble logging in?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Try this:

http://blacklight-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=321771

Woozy posted:

Looks like more downtime today. Anyone else having trouble logging in?

Everything is up and running on US.

E: I decided to put together an album of all my weapon builds as well:

http://imgur.com/a/OgmMe

E2: I <3 the AK

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 25, 2013

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Contact support, they are very quick to give items.

What are these beta items? I've got the Rotten to the Core tag from forever ago and i think maybe a tag, is there something else?

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The shotgun is so goddamn glitchy, but in a good way

Yes, the game thinks I have 83 shells in my drum magazine and negative 3 in my pocket. :getin:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Ceebees posted:

What are these beta items? I've got the Rotten to the Core tag from forever ago and i think maybe a tag, is there something else?

There was a damaged Beta helmet and the Golden Skull trophy, but those might have been beta event items. Support would probably give them to you though.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Incidentally, if you get beta items and you don't think they are particularly cool, think twice before activating them. They are in fairly high demand and you can easily trade them for several :10bux:'s worth of stuff.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I'm crazy and just bought the gold bundle pack thing. It seems I can only use it on one character.

I assume most goons play on the US server? Is ping a big deal in this game, playing on the US server from Europe?

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
I've played on the EU servers when the US were down and didn't have any issues.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Dezztroy posted:

I'm crazy and just bought the gold bundle pack thing. It seems I can only use it on one character.

I assume most goons play on the US server? Is ping a big deal in this game, playing on the US server from Europe?

Most are on US, yes, but there's a decent spread across both US and EU.

A goon from Amsterdam used to play with me on the US East Coast servers all the time, and his latency was good enough that he regularly hit the top-three on his team. Really, though, it depends entirely on where you are in the EU as the connections from Point A to Point B can vary wildly in complexity from one region to the next, so take that anecdote as you will!

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Dezztroy posted:

I get 120-140ms on US east servers from Europe, and it's not much of a problem.
There'll be plenty who thinks it's a problem and blame their shortcomings on your "lag" though :v:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Like swatjr I play on EU from time to time and I normally get between 90 and 130. It should be fine as long as you don't connect to the WEST servers. I live in the US and even my connection to the WEST servers is poo poo.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 25, 2013

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can I get an invite to GOON?

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

To add to the west server hate, I live closer to the west coast and my ping is worse there than the east ones, they are that bad. :psyduck:

Habermann
Nov 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Can I get an invite to GOON?

Did you send me a friend request and in-game mail? What username should I be looking for? When do you think you'll be able to come online today?

All you duders putting in your invite requests need to bear in mind how awful the clan system is in this game. It's unfortunately not just a matter of asking here in the thread: You need to send a message via in-game mail explaining who you are, an accompanying friend request, and somehow manage to be online at the same time as the officer who you sent your request to.

The pubby tears are worth all the hassle though.

Habermann fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 25, 2013

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I finally hit 36 the other night and had all those sweet options opened up to me as a result. With my new-found love of the TSMG, I decided to try a lighter build coupled with the HRV Cloak.

It's hard to tell how much it actually helps, but I felt like I was doing a pretty decent job ambushing people. It was easier to get around behind folks because they couldn't see me but for maybe a brief moment on HRV since I pretty much always had the HRV cloak activated. I did, however, see people taking notice of the loud radar-pinging noise the pack makes when you're cloaked, which generally only let them get a few shots off before they were dead.

I'd originally thought the HRV Cloak would be a bit unwieldy but I think it actually works better than the regular cloak. It's ready to go as soon as the match starts, and to activate it, you whip out the remote (tactical gear key), hold down the button for a few seconds, and off you go. You can even carry/fire your weapon while it's activated and counting down. I assume as soon as it's activated you're invisible on HRV but I have no real way of telling.

Anyone else given it a try yet?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Habermann posted:

Did you send me a friend request and in-game mail? What username should I be looking for? When do you think you'll be able to come online today?

All you duders putting in your invite requests need to bear in mind how awful the clan system is in this game. It's unfortunately not just a matter of asking here in the thread: You need to send a message via in-game mail explaining who you are, an accompanying friend request, and somehow manage to be online at the same time as the officer who you sent your request to.

The pubby tears are worth all the hassle though.

What's your name in-game?

Habermann
Nov 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

What's your name in-game?

On US servers? Habermann. I'll be in-game for the next 15 minutes or so.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
OP was right before. I have lovely aim. Going for a high ROF and accurate weapon was the wrong idea. I am much more successful with the Blaster than my SMG fitted out to have max accuracy.

Daman
Oct 28, 2011
So last night someone was dumping furry incest diaper fetish erotic fanfics into global chat.

:stare:

Definitely glad to have logged back into this.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Kinda clever how he exploited the 1 and l looking identical to make his account almost impossible to report.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

Yeah that guy is dumping it everywhere with multiple accounts and aimbotting really hard while doing it too.

Remember the shotgun "issue" I had recently? It got worse.

Also this happened when I was playing last night too. Little guy was just level 3. Should probably add this to the OP because this was just too drat :3:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Azzanadra posted:

Yeah that guy is dumping it everywhere with multiple accounts and aimbotting really hard while doing it too.

Remember the shotgun "issue" I had recently? It got worse.

Also this happened when I was playing last night too. Little guy was just level 3. Should probably add this to the OP because this was just too drat :3:

I will remember to complain about goons every time I play from now on :3:
(That isn't me though)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

gwrtheyrn posted:

I will remember to complain about goons every time I play from now on :3:
(That isn't me though)

That's because goons are big cheat noob hacks, especially Habermann.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Yeah, definitely gonna switch over to the Blaster instead of my personally built SMG.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
I haven't played in forever and goddamn am I terrible now. Just need to get used to the loving recoil since everything feels completely different.

I also updated the clan info for the mumble server I bought a few months ago and now never use.

Connect via mumble to scud.typefrag.com:5285 right now it supports up to 10 people and I haven't seen many more than 2-3 playing at once so it should be good. If however there are more people on I could look at adding some slots.

Habermann
Nov 3, 2007

by Lowtax
So, this is a thing now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxvjwAtZ8hM

ComputerAndVideoGames.com posted:

The free-to-play multiplayer shooter has been a PC exclusive since its launch in 2012, but will now be available on the PlayStation 4.

The Zombie Studios developed sci-fi shooter will continue to be a free-to-play title on PS4, though it hasn't been confirmed whether or not PlayStation 4 users will be able to compete with PC players.

Blacklight: Retribution launched for PC in April last year. Powered by Unreal Engine 3, it was met with positive reviews and has attracted over two million players.

I wonder if we'll have to establish a separate presence on the console version as well, or if it'll all tie into the current servers and such.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I've been hearing it will be a different thing since the PS4 side will be 100% zombie owned and operated. Doesn't PWE basically control everything PC side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Apparently the HRV Cloak does NOT make an audible pinging noise. It seems that noise is only heard by the user.

So I'm now in love because it's way easier to ambush people with this thing on my back.

• Locked thread