Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I joined one of those servers yesterday because they also always tend to have the 1000% stamina duration mutation, which I used to grind up the "running 5000 miles" mission because I needed that 2000 GP ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

That mission is silly for a weekly duration, it takes like twenty matches to complete. Not complaining about easy 2k GP of course. On the other side the 100 bot kills in a day :byodood: is all but impossible, but it's just another chance pack so who cares.

Speaking of chance packs, I finally rolled the first permanent receiver from a mission on my US character! Guess which one I got:

:irony:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

NihilCredo posted:

That mission is silly for a weekly duration, it takes like twenty matches to complete. Not complaining about easy 2k GP of course. On the other side the 100 bot kills in a day :byodood: is all but impossible, but it's just another chance pack so who cares.

Speaking of chance packs, I finally rolled the first permanent receiver from a mission on my US character! Guess which one I got:

:irony:

How did it get activated?

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Mission chance pack items are activated automatically.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

SwitchbladeKult posted:

How did it get activated?

Items out of MCPs are always auto-activated, sadly.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Items out of MCPs are always auto-activated, sadly.

:stare:

Zombie... I don't have words.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Indeed. Trashing the AK470 I got was painful.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
You can tell that they really didn't think the whole "trading" thing through.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Nah, MCPs are so abundant (you can get 3/hour in just one match any time you want to take a break, plus what, another 4-5/day for the easy mission?) that I actually agree with that decision, nobody would buy receivers anymore because there would be so many on the market.

The fact that GP/ZEN chance packs sometimes randomly auto-activate, on the other side, is totally a screwup crapshoot. You can send a ticket to PWE to get them deactivated, I did that with Ghost, but it's still annoying and some people report getting denied (of course knowing the average BLR player maybe their ticket submission was "U loving FAGITS WHERE IS MAH STUFF").

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Anyone on US wants a BSMG? Forgot I had an inactive extra lying around.

e: Sent.

Lima fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 12, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Lima posted:

Anyone on US wants a BSMG? Forgot I had an inactive extra lying around.

Yes please. Peacelock is my soldier name.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
Incidentally, do any new players want some XP tokens? I'm past the point where they are relevant to me.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Miss-Bomarc posted:

Incidentally, do any new players want some XP tokens? I'm past the point where they are relevant to me.

I'd gladly take some. I'm Consul (Mesnomer is my profile, Consul is character)

Also, if anyone managed to miss the fanfare, it's 15% bonus Zen this weekend. Gonna slap down some dollars.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Got the new IR scope and extended mag for my AK.

I'll get the rhino barrel for it eventually, but that's expensive :(

Tried a new build for my M4X. Low damage, but very controllable and fast. A high-damage TSMG bascially.

(Switch will murder to his hands on this!)

Lima fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 13, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Wow. Thanks for the BSMG receiver! It doesn't look like there are a lot of customization options available for it, so that should simplify things. What are the parts I should look at for it?

Edit: In any case, I figure the Extended Mags on it will be a safe investment. What else?

Edit x2: 4 shot burst? Is there a way to get this baby to 50 damage per bullet?

Artificer fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 13, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Lima posted:

Tried a new build for my M4X. Low damage, but very controllable and fast. A high-damage TSMG bascially.

(Switch will murder to his hands on this!)

So after coming out of my murder coma I tried to recreate it and ended up making a few modifications. I hope you like it!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Where do you guys get the GP for all of these parts? Do you just rent all 6-7 of them every day?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Artificer posted:

Wow. Thanks for the BSMG receiver! It doesn't look like there are a lot of customization options available for it, so that should simplify things. What are the parts I should look at for it?

Edit: In any case, I figure the Extended Mags on it will be a safe investment. What else?

Edit x2: 4 shot burst? Is there a way to get this baby to 50 damage per bullet?
--
Where do you guys get the GP for all of these parts? Do you just rent all 6-7 of them every day?

You'll probably want the extended mag and one of the three max-damage muzzles; SPR-01 (I think? The square one), Rift or Copperhead. You can only get it to 50 damage with one of the three mentioned muzzles, magnum ammo and a +dmg tag. 45-47 is still pretty good though.

There's a new weekly mission that gives 2000gp, and you can get another 200 each day through the facebook connect thing. Just use a dummy account for that. Otherwise, save up your GP and rent as little as possible.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

So after coming out of my murder coma I tried to recreate it and ended up making a few modifications. I hope you like it!

Not bad indeed. I like to keep my high-damage builds around 45 as well. Bring it to 50 and it'll feel like you're in a rodeo :v:
I went for a controllable speedgun for Metro and Helo with mine, and stick to the AK for general dakka.
e: I just noticed that I use the exact same parts (muzzle, barrel, stock) for my BAR, heh.

Lima fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 13, 2013

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

Artificer posted:

Some of has played this game too much, way too much. We keep blowing our gp perming random gunparts that look cool.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Azzanadra posted:

Some of has played this game too much, way too much. We keep blowing our gp perming random gunparts that look cool.

This game is you guys' version of Planetside 2, I guess. :shobon:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Lima posted:

Not bad indeed. I like to keep my high-damage builds around 45 as well. Bring it to 50 and it'll feel like you're in a rodeo :v:
I went for a controllable speedgun for Metro and Helo with mine, and stick to the AK for general dakka.

I just took it out for a stroll on Deadlock and I think I did pretty well. It handles like butter from the hip. I think your build works better for a map like Metro. I felt like a god when I used your gun earlier. It really does feel like a higher damage TSMG.

I've also been drinking. :downs:

E: context for the chat blurb in the screenshot. Some rear end in a top hat was getting onto a lowbie for using incendiary ammo. I was letting them know I support their decision to use elemental ammo.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 13, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Holy poo poo. Run that long? Is it just running, or do I have to be sprinting? What are some good ways of completing this mission soon? :( I want that delicious 2000 gp.

Edit: I'm only 1 level away from the 1st max damage muzzle! I'm going to save up instead of unlocking the HE grenade. Is it possible to equip both the HE and the Frag? I don't use the combat knife very often at all, and in any case I'm going to be trying to shoot mans instead.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 13, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Artificer posted:

Holy poo poo. Run that long? Is it just running, or do I have to be sprinting? What are some good ways of completing this mission soon? :( I want that delicious 2000 gp.

It's on a once a week cooldown. You can easily get in over like ten games or so.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

It's on a once a week cooldown. You can easily get in over like ten games or so.

When's the cooldown?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Artificer posted:

When's the cooldown?

One week from when you complete it, I think. You can probably find a premium server with a + stamina mutator, so you can get it done in a match or two.

e: Yep, you can equip both a frag and HE grenade at the same time.

Lima fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 13, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Lima posted:

One week from when you complete it, I think. You can probably find a premium server with a + stamina mutator, so you can get it done in a match or two.

Yes, you are correct. The cooldown starts when you complete the mission. That means you can get that sweat 2k Gp right now!

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Artificer posted:

I play this game a lot. You don't need to play it as much as I do, though, to get what you want. I had permed a bunch of stuff with GP by the time I was level 35. I'm not sure the time played on that since the leveling curve is all crazy now with the tokens and missions. At this point I'm just cashing in spacebucks for chance packs and weapon parts that I think might be cool. Don't let it discourage you. Renting parts is the best way to experiment outside of stealing Lima's guns. Matter of fact, I rented the muzzle and the magazine I put on the M4X build I posted.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 13, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Lima posted:

So it has to be sprinting then? Or does normal running suffice?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone want to trade anything for a burstfire SMG reciever? I got two from a chance pack and activated one.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Lima posted:

Got the new IR scope and extended mag for my AK.

I'll get the rhino barrel for it eventually, but that's expensive :(

Switch to Copperhead muzzle + Vulcan Stalker 1T6 and you should get the exact same stats as Snuff + Rhino.

It will look a bit uglier, but IMO the Composite barrel is the one that looks best on an AK anyway.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Yes, you are correct. The cooldown starts when you complete the mission. That means you can get that sweat 2k Gp right now!
The mission cooldown is actually from when you start them (which is why the 100 bot kill is so impossible and the 5000 health so annoying).

So if you play one quick game on e.g. Saturday, the mission will be reset on the following Saturday whether you grind it in one day or leisurely play as normal over six. Or if you don't complete it at all, of course.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

Artificer posted:

So it has to be sprinting then? Or does normal running suffice?

It has to be sprinting, but if you aren't sprinting all over the place going "GOTTA GO FAST :byodood:" like some kind of quake player on speed, you're playing the game wrong. And if I'm wrong, I don't want to be right.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So you can't get the AK permanently with GP. What about attachments you get for it while you're renting it? Also, is there a way to save a setup of "I want the AK + all these attachments" and just rent a bulk package over and over, or are you guys renting each thing piece-by-piece until you get the gun you want?

This is blowing my mind since you can't perm the gun with GP and you guys are still playing gun barbies. You must be loaded.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

So you can't get the AK permanently with GP. What about attachments you get for it while you're renting it? Also, is there a way to save a setup of "I want the AK + all these attachments" and just rent a bulk package over and over, or are you guys renting each thing piece-by-piece until you get the gun you want?
Attachments can be permanently bought with GP, yes. Note that only magazines are specific to the receiver - so AR magazines, AK magazines, etc. - everything else can go on most guns, and you don't need multiple copies. So once you rent/purchase e.g. a scope, you can put that on every gun you have.

For renting the same package over and over, just select the "renew" options when you get the expiration notice popup.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I've got enough GP to perma a clip type for the BSMG. Recommendations? I was thinking either reload since I habitually mash the reload button after each kill if my screen happens to be empty at the time or extended because more bursts never hurt anyone except for the guy standing across the hall from you.

With a +damage tag I found and the newly unlocked max-damage muzzle, my BSMG is now at 47 damage and my SMG is at 43. Are these good numbers to be at right now? I of course stripped out some of the recoil/spread dampening parts for these.

Edit: Took the BSMG out for a run. Ran into ZeroArmada. Did mediocrely (but still a lot better than what I usually do!) I think I really like this weapon! The need for me to click somehow makes me more accurate, I think. Maybe holding down the mouse button slows the speed at which I can adjust my aim, by constantly clicking it reminds me to aim or something. I dunno.

Edit: How do mission chance packs work? I've only gotten small boosts and other little trinkets from them. No receivers or anything.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 13, 2013

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Artificer posted:

Edit: How do mission chance packs work? I've only gotten small boosts and other little trinkets from them. No receivers or anything.

I think it's just weighted towards smaller rewards. I've gotten a few 1-day recievers out of it and most recently a 1-day Bear Claw rental, but I also managed a 7-day Turret loadout. You probably just have lovely luck :shobon:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

bbcisdabomb posted:

I think it's just weighted towards smaller rewards. I've gotten a few 1-day recievers out of it and most recently a 1-day Bear Claw rental, but I also managed a 7-day Turret loadout. You probably just have lovely luck :shobon:

Ah, in that case. :effort: I'll just play the game instead of hopping like a loon with a grenade in my hand, then.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Artificer posted:

Ah, in that case. :effort: I'll just play the game instead of hopping like a loon with a grenade in my hand, then.

That... is the game?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Artificer posted:

There's always a chance to get lucky.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I tried making an account to play this game through the link in the OP and when I log in it's telling me the username/password I just set don't exist, and it's not sending emails to my email address, and the email address is correct according to password reset confirmation messages, which also aren't showing up. Is the registration server making GBS threads itself or is this a regular thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joannas eggs
Mar 19, 2013

Reiley posted:

I tried making an account to play this game through the link in the OP and when I log in it's telling me the username/password I just set don't exist, and it's not sending emails to my email address, and the email address is correct according to password reset confirmation messages, which also aren't showing up. Is the registration server making GBS threads itself or is this a regular thing?
Hey Reiley. Hate to just throw a link at you, but try skimming through the OP of this thread on the official forums.

http://blacklight-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=347141

The problems you're having are fairly common, so hopefully one of the possible solutions in the thread will work for you.

• Locked thread