Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

gnome7 posted:

Thank you, Lemon! Added to the OP under Player Tips.

Just added a couple more animals, so you might want to re-add it. Sorry!

e; you linked rather than quoting, so all good. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
As a GM, should I be listing the animal moves at the time of the shapeshift? Usually my players will say something like, "Alright, I'm a bison now, can I spend a hold to headbutt him across the room?" and then I say "Sure" and forever more we know that "Headbutt a dude across the room" is an ox move.

Some animal moves Druids have done in my games:

Mouse:
-Disappear through a tiny crack

Badger:
-Dig your claws into their face

Giant Eagle:
-Carry them off

Walrus:
-Pin them down with your bulk

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I think it's better to have the animal moves determined at the time of the shapeshift. Otherwise you're giving the druid basically an infinite number of moves instead of two or three.

I really like Golden Bee's suggestion from upthread. Let the player pick a move. Obviously they have something in mind when they shapeshift, so find out what it is. Choose a second move that suggests interesting fiction, then a third move that's more flavorful than useful.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
Another compendium class that started as part of the looter I posted before, but they didn't quite mesh and I split it in two.

The Lightfingers
When you steal something that it would've been easier just to buy, you may take the Five-Finger Discount move at your next level up.

Five-Finger Discount
When you swipe some valuables while their owner should be watching, roll +Dex. On a 10+, it's yours free and clear if you don't stick around too long. On a 7-9, pick one.

* You won't be easily identified as the thief later on
* You're not in immediate danger for what you did
* You might be able to talk your way out of this

If you have the Five-Finger Discount move, you may take the following moves at level up.

Stealing When I Should've Been Buying
When you go shopping for ordinary goods and supplies, you don't pay coin for them. The goods you obtain are stolen, of course.

I'll Just Take That
When you try to swipe something from an enemy mid-battle, roll +dex. On a hit, you've grabbed it. On a 10+, he doesn't realize it's gone unless he was holding or looking directly at it when you took it. On a miss, you expose yourself to danger while wresting it from him.

Eye For Goods
When you size up a mark you can tell what the most valuable thing he's carrying is; if it's not immediately visible, you can at least tell where he's carrying it along with its general size and weight. When you case a room, you can immediately tell what the most valuable easily-portable object in the room is.

Was This Yours?
When someone else seeks an item in their pocket, pouch, backpack, or otherwise stored about their person and you have spent a few minutes close to them since last they looked for it, you may roll +dex. On a hit, you took it while they weren't paying attention. On a 7-9, they realize who it must have been.

Benly fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 31, 2013

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

madadric posted:

This looks pretty cool!

The only suggestion I would make is perhaps make the good alignment more interesting and in line with the class, a reversal of the evil alignment:

Good
Show clemency to a defeated foe.

This is a good suggestion actually, one of those "so obvious that I naturally missed it" things, so I'll go ahead and do that.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

Benly posted:

Five-Finger Discount
When you swipe some valuables while their owner should be watching, roll +Dex. On a 10+, it's yours free and clear if you don't stick around too long. On a 7-9, pick one.

* You've been spotted and face immediate consequences
* You don't get the item
* Your theft will cause problems next time you're in the area

This is a cool idea. I don't see why anyone would pick the first option, though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Boing posted:

This is a cool idea. I don't see why anyone would pick the first option, though.

Or the second.

"Actually, this thing you just tried fails without consequence" is not in any way a good option.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Been working and prepping my new campaign setting and dungeon world mods for an upcoming summer game, and the players are living it so much they've convinced me to flesh everything out and put it up for sale sometime in the fall. Here's a little tidbit of an optional mechanic I'm adding in that fits for my players:

When you defeat a formidable enemy or fearsome creature, or conquer a place of great danger or mystery gain 1 legend. Legend may be spent 1 for 1 on the following:
*gain an appropriately themed item of great power
*gain a valuable piece of lore or knowledge
*gain an artifact of signifant value and wealth
*gain significant sway or prestige within a local population center

Basically it's a way of giving a secondary resource of "legend points". Besides leveling up from story/quest xp the killing of powerful dungeon creatures or clearing a dungeon/discovering its secrets gives legend points that can be spent by characters to customize what kind of rewards they can get, either on a combat, social, or political level to invest in their character or their linked organizations or safe havens. Yes, it is like WoW justice points where the inspiration is from but it's a cool way to get player input on gearing or lore input.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That seems like it would make more sense as a resource you spend in your down-time to go questing on your own, rather than something PCs can just spend like that to gain benefits seemingly out of thin air.

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.
I'm working on the first magic item for my lands of the dead supplement, but I'm not happy with the wording yet. I thought I'd pick the brains of you fine folks for revisions.

The Red Right Hand

A severed right hand, coated in slick red blood that never dries. It is said to belong to the grey Prince, a being from beyond the stars that brought death and decay to the world at the beginning of time. For the price of a piece of your soul, you can use the hand to tear the veil between the living and any land of the dead, but you will gain the attention of the Grey Prince, who tirelessly seeks his lost Hand.

The hand can tear the veil between the land of the living and a land of the dead. Living and dead can pass both ways through the tear. When you slash at reality with the Red Right Hand, say which land of the dead you are tearing the border of the living to and roll +Wis. *on a 10+, choose 1. *On a 7-9, choose 2. *On a miss, all 3.

*The tear will not close
*You lose a piece of your soul: lose all XP down to your current level.
*The Grey Prince has noticed you, and He is coming...

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That seems like it would make more sense as a resource you spend in your down-time to go questing on your own, rather than something PCs can just spend like that to gain benefits seemingly out of thin air.

I forgot to mention that legend is only spent during down time along with the carousing move and such, so it would be once players get back to a city or home base and have time to polish up and study over items or tell their tales to gain the benefits.

The other resource they can acquire are unnamed as of yet but basically when the character dies they can gain a resource that allows them to make major major declarations in a big way. It's all designed for a very exploring focused,early world hexploring styled game.

Fenarisk fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 30, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Okay, this should work: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B30fzv28XdrYb0taaGZuVzNhcFk/edit

The Shaman 2.0 character sheet is now available for general downloading. You can thank Gnome7 for putting up with my constant nitpicking and creating the sheet. Please download for best viewing, as gdoc fucks with fonts.

Please let me know if you spot any typos or any instances of words being spelt correctlythe British way instead of the American way.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

Boing posted:

The idea (although I completely failed to make it clear) is that if you pick "immediate consequences" but manage to avoid the pursuit or whatever, nobody saw your face. If you pick "consequences later" you were spotted but e.g. the shopkeeper couldn't get guards in time, so you face Outstanding Warrants or other long-term consequences but no pursuit just now. I'm not sure how to phrase it, though.

And yeah "nothing happens" is pretty boring, I should probably just ditch that one.

How about :

* Nobody saw your face

Benly fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 30, 2013

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

I'd just like to say: For all those players who wanted to be a Blue Mage from Final Fantasy, The Mutant from this book is easily to best way to handle it. The class literally steals monster moves and uses them with Defy Danger, although they can gain hold from one of their other moves to just automatically use a Monster Move. It is fabulous and I like it way better than the Druid implementations I'd seen people using.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 30, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

gnome7 posted:

I'd just like to say: For all those players who wanted to be a Blue Mage from Final Fantasy, The Mutant from this book is easily to best way to handle it. The class literally steals monster moves and uses them with Defy Danger, although they can gain hold from one of their other moves to just automatically use a Monster Move. It is fabulous and I like it way better than the Druid implementations I'd seen people using.

So I take it that's a buy recommendation for the book, then?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Lemon Curdistan posted:

So I take it that's a buy recommendation for the book, then?

Yeah, definitely. It's got some neat stuff in it. The playbooks are free if you don't want to put money into it, though. They're right here if you don't want to search for the link on that page.

For a general review: I like most of what it puts on the table, although the Load values of every class seem way too high to me, since everyone starts with not a lot of stuff. The Mutant is easily the best class in it, but the others are neat as well, as are the extra Race options further in the book. The Compendium Classes are interesting, and the extra gear is cool, too. My biggest problem with the book is easily that this means Inverse World isn't going to be the first printed Dungeon World supplement.

vvvvv no way, I can blame Mikan too.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 30, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

gnome7 posted:

Yeah, definitely. It's got some neat stuff in it. The playbooks are free if you don't want to put money into it, though. They're right here if you don't want to search for the link on that page.

I'd be a jerk if I didn't buy it considering how much money I've made from the Shaman. Load values can be tweaked super easily, and you have only yourself (and maybe my incessant badgering re: the Shaman sheet) to blame for Inverse World not being out yet. :smug:

e; you're right about the Mutant vs. the rest - it's almost entirely original material, rather than the 30/70 original/reused split that the other playbooks are. I may well rewrite some of this stuff.

e2; unrelated: Kai Tave you forgot the best Warlord move, find space to put this in your playbook tia:

Tiger posted:

Eulalia: when you let out your battlecry at the start of a fight, everyone who joins in takes +1 forward.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 30, 2013

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Lemon Curdistan posted:

e2; unrelated: Kai Tave you forgot the best Warlord move, find space to put this in your playbook tia:

Well poo poo, if I'd have known I was encouraged to steal graciously borrow from other peoples' contributions to the threads I'd have been doing that a while ago.

That move is badass. Consider it stolen.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

Benly posted:

The idea (although I completely failed to make it clear) is that if you pick "immediate consequences" but manage to avoid the pursuit or whatever, nobody saw your face. If you pick "consequences later" you were spotted but e.g. the shopkeeper couldn't get guards in time, so you face Outstanding Warrants or other long-term consequences but no pursuit just now. I'm not sure how to phrase it, though.

And yeah "nothing happens" is pretty boring, I should probably just ditch that one.

How about :

* Nobody saw your face

Yeah this is much better, it's clearer and offers an interesting choice.

I personally don't mind the "nothing happens" option, it depends how kind the move is supposed to be to the pickpocket. I imagined something like:

On a 7-9 pick one, on a 6- pick two.

* Nobody saw your face
* You didn't get what you were trying to get

(this also leaves it open for them getting something of lesser value that fits the fiction, or nothing at all)

Yours is fine too, for a more risky move, it depends on the feel of your game I guess. Most rolls are in the 7-9 range, and if you want to encourage pickpocket play you should allow them to at-least try it without dire consequences for a partial.

Boing fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 31, 2013

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

Boing posted:

Yeah this is much better, it's clearer and offers an interesting choice.

I personally don't mind the "nothing happens" option, it depends how kind the move is supposed to be to the pickpocket. I imagined something like:

On a 7-9 pick one, on a 6- pick two.

* Nobody saw your face
* You didn't get what you were trying to get

(this also leaves it open for them getting something of lesser value that fits the fiction, or nothing at all)

Yours is fine too, for a more risky move, it depends on the feel of your game I guess. Most rolls are in the 7-9 range, and if you want to encourage pickpocket play you should allow them to at-least try it without dire consequences for a partial.

What I've got now is:
* You won't be easily identified as the thief later
* You might be able to talk your way out of this

So if you want to pass it off as a misunderstanding and leave the goods behind, you can pick #3, but if you don't pass a good line you face an immediate confrontation and possible later consequences. On the other hand, if you want to book it out of there you can grab the item and go, but you might face outstanding warrants and won't easily be able to talk your way out of them. Or so forth.

Also, I feel like narratively pickpocketing and shoplifting should be a bit risky. You can take "won't be easily identified later" and have your quick chased-by-the-mark-or-the-guards scene, or you can do a bunch of shoplifting, skip "immediate danger", and have wanted posters around town - either way it fits with the way petty thieves tend to work in stories. If you're doing something non-risky that isn't going to be exciting, it's something you don't roll for, the same way that stabbing an unarmed peasant isn't Hack And Slash.

(And for casually shoplifting and pickpocketing your way through life, there's Stealing When I Should've Been Buying.)

Benly fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 31, 2013

Ich
Feb 6, 2013

This Homicidal Hindu
will ruin your life.
Brainstorming an idea about a gnome racial move for The Mage:

quote:

Cast an Illusion (INT)
When you weave a spell to fool the senses, describe it and roll +INT. Spells cast this way can never deal damage directly. On a 10+, the illusion is created as intended, but choose one. On a 7-9, the illusion works, but the choose two:
• Your illusion will only last as long as you concentrate (-1 ongoing to maintain your illusion), or your illusion won't last long - you'll need to hurry to take advantage of it.
• Your spell affects fewer senses than you wanted it to. (GM's choice)
• Your illusion also appears is other locations, and might draw unwanted attention, or cause other problems.
On a miss, the casting fails and the effort saps your energy. You take -1 ongoing to INT until you have a few minutes to clear your head.

My first idea:

quote:

When you Cast a Spell or use Black Magic, add the following option:
• Your spell is merely an illusion, it cannot cause any direct harm.
I don't expect this move to survive as is, but I'm hoping this will lead to a better idea.

Ich fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 31, 2013

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I owe Dungeon World a debt about now. I cribbed the "success with a cost" concept into my PbP Fate Core game. It's power rangers themed, and I decided that when Morphing Under Fire, rolling Will will always lead to a successful morph, but if you fail the check, some manner of consequence results.

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.

jivjov posted:

I owe Dungeon World a debt about now. I cribbed the "success with a cost" concept into my PbP Fate Core game. It's power rangers themed, and I decided that when Morphing Under Fire, rolling Will will always lead to a successful morph, but if you fail the check, some manner of consequence results.

You morph, but...

-an innocent is in immediate danger!
-sombody saw you do it.
-Your suit's on the inside.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Man I had no idea this game was so great. I was pitched this game as 'oh this is kinda like old D&D but updated' and my reaction was 'so either it's a retroclone in which case no thanks, or I could just play D&D 4th edition'. I picked it up on a whim on Drivethru and I know my group is gonna just love this, this is the most storyful of storygames I've seen in a while and that rules.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Man I had no idea this game was so great. I was pitched this game as 'oh this is kinda like old D&D but updated' and my reaction was 'so either it's a retroclone in which case no thanks, or I could just play D&D 4th edition'. I picked it up on a whim on Drivethru and I know my group is gonna just love this, this is the most storyful of storygames I've seen in a while and that rules.

Whoever told you that is the worst at selling games to people. Everyone should see the game before making judgements. Not one person I've actually showed it to has disliked it. Everything just works together really well.

Sega See D
Nov 18, 2006

kill the oppressors
So I haven't even played Dungeon World yet, but I made a class for it.

Me and my group are huge fans of Apocalypse World, but we're thinking about trying a short campaign in DW once our current AW campaign comes to a satisfying season finale moment. So I've played a bunch of *World is what I'm saying. In some way which I can't quite put my finger on, a DW class seems easier to make than an AW playbook. Maybe it's just that I have more childhood preparation for DnD style character concepts.

This character is tailored for a specific player in our group who looooves to play tricky craftsmen. It also comes from a thought I had looking at some of the fan classes in the OP, which is that in *World, the idea of a class associated with a particular race isn't as objectionable as it would be in DnD, where you have Race and Class as more separated mechanical concepts. This guy can Hack and Slash, he can Defy Danger, why need to play a Jinn Druid or an Efreet Truenamer or whatever. I love Genies, I love Gygaxian Orientalism (look at this poo poo, I mixed and matched Persian and Arab cultural references with absolutely no respect for anyone), I love the spell Wish.

Anyway, I'm not sure this is anywhere near finished. I can think of a few problem areas - maybe not enough moves that trigger rolls, too many that just enrich other moves or give bonuses? But in AW I find that my players always prefer to use Basic Moves, even if they've bought a few trigger moves. It's also not that clear that I intend for a Genie to prioritize Wisdom and Charisma.

Also, the entire wish mechanic, despite being the central point of the class, is probably the weakest part. I want it to look like ritual casting or the Savvyhead's workspace, obviously. Monkey's Paw is super important to me, because you gotta have Monkey's Paw. The point is to allow the player to feel tricky and to exploit loopholes, without actually having to watch the things that other people at the table say for loopholes. A player shouldn't be forced to be brilliant and charming any more than he should be forced to be able to lift a battle axe I think. So the intent is to allow the player to rewrite a wish such that it turns out, aha! the wise and perceptive Genie lawyer saw a loophole in the language that had been there from the start, allowing him to play gotcha! That said, I'm not sure this is a clear or effective solution.

Anyway, please take a look and let me know what you think. Themes are: Air/Fire elemental, desire, temptation, trickster, liar, pusher, (and optionally priest). Help me tempt my buddy to play Dungeon World!

The Genie

Sega See D fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 31, 2013

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
What does preparation do for the Initiate? I see two moves that talk about gaining it but none that use it.

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Zerilan posted:

What does preparation do for the Initiate? I see two moves that talk about gaining it but none that use it.

Preparation is part of a basic move that everyone forgets about. (I've rediscovered it four or five times now)

quote:

Bolster
When you spend your leisure time in study, meditation, or hard practice, you gain preparation. If you prepare for a week or two, 1 preparation. If you prepare for a month or longer, 3 preparation. When your preparation pays off spend 1 preparation for +1 to any roll. You can only spend one preparation per roll.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ich posted:

Brainstorming an idea about a gnome racial move for The Mage:

That's too long to be a racial move, as it's a full move. It's a drat good full move, though.

I'm working on giving all the classes moves for all the races (plus orcs), and this is what I had for the halfling Wizard (which steals the gnome illusionist archetype):

quote:

Halfling
When you create an illusion via Prestidigitation, it looks convincingly real (but doesn't fool any of the other senses).

Which becomes this for the Mage:

quote:

Halfling
When you weave an illusion to help solve a problem, take +1.

The shorter move is more in line with the length expected for a racial move, but all it does on Black Magic is add a disadvantage, which is weird.

At least on Cast a Spell it's offering you a consequence that doesn't harm you, which is interesting, but that feels slightly out of scope with the human/elf racials.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Monkey's Paw should be a starting move, otherwise Genie has nothing interesting to do, except for getting exploited by everyone, PCs and NPCs alike. Besides, without it, what could a Genie do when the Big Bad Guy just wishes it to kill itself?

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Mar 31, 2013

Ich
Feb 6, 2013

This Homicidal Hindu
will ruin your life.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Halfling
When you weave an illusion to help solve a problem, take +1.

Yeah, I knew mine were crap. I like yours, short and sweet. It's actually better suited to the gnome.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ich posted:

Yeah, I knew mine were crap. I like yours, short and sweet. It's actually better suited to the gnome.

Yeah, the only reason it's a halfling move is that I find gnomes are boring and overlap with halfling too much, and I couldn't think of a better halfling move.

If anyone is interested, here's the finished set of alternate racial moves: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_vi-GwUYRauwesyLsm81Hl5pGo7xX0YMHBJVeb_6EmA/edit?usp=sharing

This contains moves for each of the missing races for each of the core classes, as well as for the four Funhaver classes (Warlock/Initiate/Shaman/Namer). Oh, and it contains an Orc racial move for all of those classes.

This might eventually be part of a thing published through Mikan, so I'm not sure how long the doc can stay up, and I've shared it with a more restrictive license for now.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Those moves are really cool!

The orc paladin one seems the weakest, though. +1 Armor won't help you until you're hit...it should help you until you take damage.
That way, if I go up to 4 armor and an archer hits me for 4 damage my power continues. That seems balanced. (Otherwise, the power is a single temp hitpoint).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

Those moves are really cool!

The orc paladin one seems the weakest, though. +1 Armor won't help you until you're hit...it should help you until you take damage.

That's, uh, exactly what it does, exactly for those reasons? :confused:

It gives you +1 armour until you lose HP. If you're hit and don't lose HP, you don't lose the bonus.

(As it stands, you can also regain the bonus as long as you're still outnumber/outmatched by praying for a few instants. This is by design.)

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
So I'll be running my first DW game tomorrow night over Google Hangout. I've never run it or played. Is there a Game Master cheat sheet I can print out for quick reference? Also is there a good app to use for maps and dice rolling in Hangout?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Here's the map from my current Dungeon World game

I shared it with the players by streaming it onto twitch.tv and updated it as we went.

The picture of the cave and the stick figures was a battle plan for dealing with an ogre that was in a cave.

Highlights have been communicating with the bird and frog people via the powers of interpretive dance, and havign the longest debate of the evening (about 10 minutes) with what to do about the jaguar and her cubs - there were were a few votes for turning her into a coat and raising the cubs as mounts for the halfing warrior, but cute jaguar cub spam on Skype won the day and they walked around it.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 31, 2013

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.

LongDarkNight posted:

So I'll be running my first DW game tomorrow night over Google Hangout. I've never run it or played. Is there a Game Master cheat sheet I can print out for quick reference? Also is there a good app to use for maps and dice rolling in Hangout?

Try roll20.

It combines hangouts, a text chat, a map screen, a jukebox, and a dice roller among other features.

One thing I like to do for fiction front-loaded games like DW where positioning is more abstract, is use a cool picture instead of a map.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
In the spirit of the season:

The Fool
When you play a delightful prank, roll +DEX. On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7-9, choose 1.
*The target, and only the target, is made to look incredibly silly
*It's all fun and games--nobody gets hurt
*Everyone still respects you

The Bunny
When you crack open a colorful egg, roll with no bonus. On a 10+, it contains a delicious candy, a small sum of money, or a delightful little widget; the DM will tell you. On a 7-9, it contains a piece of candy you don't really like, a paltry sum, or a gizmo that only works once--and not very well, at that. On a 6- it contains a small (but angry) snake, a furious hornet, or a surprising amount of spiders.

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Okay, this should work: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B30fzv28XdrYb0taaGZuVzNhcFk/edit

The Shaman 2.0 character sheet is now available for general downloading. You can thank Gnome7 for putting up with my constant nitpicking and creating the sheet. Please download for best viewing, as gdoc fucks with fonts.

Please let me know if you spot any typos or any instances of words being spelt correctlythe British way instead of the American way.

While this might have been the case in the old version too and I just didn't notice it back then, I just noticed that "A plague on both your houses" seems a bit weak when compared to the name of the move. I mean the move is fine otherwise, but with a name like that I'd expect it to, you know, be able to bring misfortune to the target's whole household and extended family, instead of just them alone.

I'd change the 10+ result or add a 12+ result to add a version that extends the curse to the extended family and/or household.

Edit: I mean that move name just screams to be made into the shaman equivalent of the 9th level cleric spells "storm of vengeance" or "plague".

Oo Koo fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Apr 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Okasvi posted:

While this might have been the case in the old version too and I just didn't notice it back then, I just noticed that "A plague on both your houses" seems a bit weak when compared to the name of the move. I mean the move is fine otherwise, but with a name like that I'd expect it to, you know, be able to bring misfortune to the target's whole household and extended family, instead of just them alone.

I'd change the 10+ result or add a 12+ result to add a version that extends the curse to the extended family and/or household.

Edit: I mean that move name just screams to be made into the shaman equivalent of the 9th level cleric spells "storm of vengeance" or "plague".

You know what? That's actually a good point. I wasn't particularly happy with the 10+ on Plague. If Mikan hasn't pushed out the update yet I'll see about making Plague a change in scope rather than what it is right now.

e; done:

quote:

When you beseech the spirits to lay a curse upon someone whom you can see, take a debility of your choice and roll+Wis. On a hit, they and any blood relative of theirs that you name will be the victims of ill fortune until the next full Moon. On a 10+, your target will also suffer terrible tragedy sometime soon. On a miss, they find out what you were trying to do.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 1, 2013