Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Is there anything I should know about this game before I pick this up? I've played alot of DnD/GURPS/SAS, and was wanting to play, and possibly run something Supers oriented if the system can work it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

So this is going to sound really, really, really stupid, but I'm looking through the free PDF and I keep seeing names and looks for classes -- But I can't figure out if they're suggestions or optional, or do they really matter. If I say 'gently caress it, I'm naming my fighter 'The Swedish Chef'', There isn't anything that's going to come back and bite me in the rear end, is there?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

I've noticed that players have special moves, but most of these moves are tied to class and occasionally a class/race type (Dwarf fighters and drinking). Is there anything that ties moves to, say, a character?

I guess what I'm asking if there's like a general pool of moves that any class could take.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

You can still order a PDF online though, it was like 10$ from RPG shop

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Does this game have any skills? If my fighter was a merchant before he picked up his sword, is there any way to reflect that at all?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Is there any handbook for a Dr. Jekyll//Mr. Hyde? Perhaps maybe a were* could be re-flavored properly, too.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

gnome7 posted:

The next Inverse World preview is a couple days away, but I did say when I had the Sky Dancer done, I would have a preview up as soon as was reasonable. Well, here you go!

With this, all 6 classes for Inverse World have been completely finished, although some editing will probably need to happen. The Walker and The Captain will be added to this list after Mikan previews them - the Walker is this week's upcoming preview on Monday, The Captain is next week's preview, and then after that we'll probably preview monsters while waiting on art and publishing things as we send this book off to get done. Have a look-see, and feel free to start playing with any of these classes here in your dungeon world games!

The survivor seems to be missing moves?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Dungeon world Wizard: Are you supposed to come up with your own spells?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Okasvi posted:

Is the board tapped out on Dungeon World Play By Post games? The two games I was in died couple of weeks ago due to GM real life stuff and there haven't been new recruitment posts in the recruitment megathread since.

If we're posting interest in a DW game, I'd like to join; but I've never done any DW before and still don't have a firm grasp of gameplay.