Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Reposting this from the previous thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB7awSJwd_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyzXm6LIYck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I'm reading Stone Ocean so far and I really gotta say so far Stone Ocean and Diamond is Unbreakable have been my favourite parts. Josuke and Jolyne are just both really cool and have both interesting, while totally understandable Stands. I found Giorno's Stand to be kind of confusing at times and it seemed kind of broken. I loved everyone else in Vento Aureo but I found Giorno to be kind of flat and uninteresting.

Niccy Bones
Mar 27, 2011

This whole bit is loving cute as hell.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Niccy Bones posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3OMjs4Y7a8

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Niccy Bones posted:

The best part of SBR was probably Johnny and Gyro's excellent bromance. Araki could have dropped the plot and fights entirely and just made a roadmovie type story with those two and I'd still read it no questions asked.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

The best part of SBR was probably Johnny and Gyro's excellent bromance. Araki could have dropped the plot and fights entirely and just made a roadmovie type story with those two and I'd still read it no questions asked.

I liked that J & G were both JoJo-style masters of improvisational combat planning and top racers, but outside of that they were rather dopey in a fun way.

Also I've spent the past week shotgunning parts 5, 6, and 7 (resuming the series after quitting midway in Vento Aureo) and I think I'm going to have a beautiful aneurysm but before that I can't decide if I liked 6 or 7 more. I mean, I love Jolyne and co's all-out war against the extreme conclusion of insane Stand powers, but then 7 just had a great road story with a strong finish.

(big spoilers for Steel Ball Run)
I loved that it appears that a Zeppeli dying heroically and Dio being an rear end in a top hat are universal constants, like gravity and [Spin]. I also loved how Johnny was actually a rather uncertain, emotionally hurt hero that still gives his all, like the eponymous protagonist of Kaiji. It was a nice contrast to the confident heroes Araki writes about (and what battle-comics in general have); also I just like stories where a "sidekick" character turns out to the be the real protagonist. And, I'm still flipping out about the 23rd President of the United States dramatically intoning "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" in a psychic battle and the majestic Diononychus antirrhopus, known for its markings shaped like DIO, its megalomania, and its infectious dinosaurism.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
It happened, guys.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
:woop: Yes yes yes, OH MY GOD

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Oh! My! God!

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

:bubblewoop:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Where are the screenshots coming from? Do we have a date? Oh my god it looks good, I can't wait! What are the chances of it airing before/around the same time as All Star Battle?

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Where are the screenshots coming from? Do we have a date? Oh my god it looks good, I can't wait! What are the chances of it airing before/around the same time as All Star Battle?

Final episode. After Joseph's funeral and then epilogues for the characters, it ends on this scene.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

El Belmondo posted:

Final episode. After Joseph's funeral and then epilogues for the characters, it ends on this scene.
Oh yeah, it's Friday isn't it? Oh that is absolutely evil! I don't want to wait a whole season for more JoJos. :( Or longer, God forbid.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
The miracle happen.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

What do you mean by that?

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Kunster posted:

What do you mean by that?

I guess some people doubted Part 3 would get animated for whatever reason...

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun
OMFG this is awesome! Now if there was only a date!

edit: confirmed on the raw. so happy!

lyricaldanichan fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 6, 2013

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

The date could be tomorrow and it wouldn't be soon enough. So excited!

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
drat, I wondered how'd they make Old Joseph look, and it feels like he's not only bigger, he's scruffier lookin' too.

Jotaro's lookin' pretty cool too.

Niccy Bones
Mar 27, 2011
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!!

Niccy Bones
Mar 27, 2011
But actually it's not on next week is it...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
well i guess they couldn't afford to license get back from the beatles.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Lamebot posted:

well i guess they couldn't afford to license get back from the beatles.

Watch Nutbladder's sub with the second audio track on.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Where is this from? I just watched 26 but I missed this somehow? :confused:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Morter posted:

Where is this from? I just watched 26 but I missed this somehow? :confused:

One of the All-Star Battle commercials in previous episodes.

Is anybody but me periodically checking Aeon Genesis for the Jojo Super Famicom patch? Wanna play that RPG, even if it's not supposed to be that great.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Yeah I don't know, I watched every episode and made sure to see every commercial and preview (even the same 20+ Medicos ones), so I don't know how the hell I missed it.

Would someone mind naming which episode (and possible subber) they saw it on? :(

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Morter posted:

Yeah I don't know, I watched every episode and made sure to see every commercial and preview (even the same 20+ Medicos ones), so I don't know how the hell I missed it.

Would someone mind naming which episode (and possible subber) they saw it on? :(

Here i will just link it to you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mKLMZw63o8&list=UU2ui_0yHwI_SXVe3sMeAH2g&index=7

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 6, 2013

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

lyricaldanichan posted:

edit: confirmed on the raw. so happy!

When is it?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

So what do you guys think of 39 episodes for Stardust Crusaders? That would allow them to cover 4 chapters per episode.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I think it could go a bit longer. All the fights went really quickly and some could stand to be fleshed out a bit more.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Pun not intended, I presume.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

So what do you guys think of 39 episodes for Stardust Crusaders? That would allow them to cover 4 chapters per episode.
Yeah, I estimated 36 but 39-40 eps would be ideal.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

This part of the story is going to be great animated.

YES! YES! YES! YES!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Pun not intended, I presume.

Not intended, but I regret nothing.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I'd be fine with them going for 25 episodes and just cutting out some of the fights. Stardust Crusaders is my least favourite part of Jojos just because there's a good 30+ fights and and they eventually just start getting tiresome. I mean keep the important fights and the ones that lead to the fun character-building moments, but just trim it down a little. I thought Anime got syndicated in 25/26 episode chunks anyway, and they'd need another full season of 26 to cover Part 4 properly.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
All other parts are longer than parts 1 and 2 combined. There's no way to fit them into 26 episodes without cutting out a hell of a lot of material.

I'd rather have David take their time and make full adaptations, and since this is JoJo even the filler fights are usually pretty good.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I really don't see why people think it needs more than 26 episodes. 1 episode per stand user, 1/2 for minor ones, and 2 for DIO seems like it is more than enough. I'd prefer they excise some dialogue than give it the DBZ treatment.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Captain Cappy posted:

I really don't see why people think it needs more than 26 episodes. 1 episode per stand user, 1/2 for minor ones, and 2 for DIO seems like it is more than enough. I'd prefer they excise some dialogue than give it the DBZ treatment.

Yea, going by chapter counts, Darby the Gamer would be 2 episodes long and there really isnt enough substance in that fight to justify two freakin eps.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Fights should definitely not be cut out. It's far better to simply streamline them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Cappy posted:

But the thing with DBZ is that the anime was airing while the manga was still ongoing. Hell, wasn't that the whole reason the battle in Namek feels abysmally endless? The fact that they were catching up mind-numbingly fast? With JoJo they have no such constraints, and for Parts 3 and 4, a lot of the charm is the world-building. I guess they should be able to streamline it without downright butchering anything.

From what I read somewhere (probably 2ch, since they were going apeshit when the anime was airing) Phantom Blood was cut to 9 episodes because of Araki and how he feels slightly "embarrassed" by it. Hell, if anything, Battle Tendency felt almost perfect with the 17 episodes it was given, and they only cut like 2 chapters, tops.

• Locked thread