Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Even as a big ol' pretty idiot, the only reason he didn't wipe out the crusaders was his obsession with Dio. He lost his hold on reality when he hit sand Dio, and he did it again when Polnareff was taunting him about Dio across the sunbeam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The same goes for The Hand too. It's crazy powerful and could probably wipe out almost anything easily, but Okuyasu is too dumb and chill to use it to erase people's heads.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Is he able to use Cream to swallow things without being inside of it? He could've distracted then obliterated Polpol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cream has like zero range from its user.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
One donut too many.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I don't get it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kakyoin's death.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Had a gut feeling that was it.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
In the anime thread

Serperoth posted:

If The World can affect the Pillar Men, he can just beat them to a pulp, stop them from pulling themselves together and wait till sunrise. Dio can just get a parasol while he runs for better safety, and have The World stop time to make sure the sun gets them.

Goddamnit. One episode away.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Beef please change the thread titles to THIS IS THE JOJO ANIME THREAD and THIS IS THE JOJO MANGA THREAD respectively, thanks.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It was a lot harder to confuse the two threads back when this had no subtitle, and the subtitle's about anime now which sorta muddles it further.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
To be fair, not a really bright idea to start the eternal Dio vs pillar men discussion in that thread when dio's abilities haven't been revealed yet.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Even if people are spoiled on the time stop, I think the steamroller ROAD ROLLA-DA is the more iconic surprise. Time stopping characters abound in anime; hell, DBZ had one that was the biggest chump character of the entire Frieza arc.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GULDO's World owned.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Also who the gently caress are these jokers kidding, DIO would obliterate Ultimate Kars for breakfast

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Well, they don't know what The World does, but, yeah, The World (and Star Platinum once Jotaro decides to actually figure out what his Stand does instead of making up abilities like suck in air and make stretchy fingers) make Pillar Men irrelevant. The more interesting part 3 Stands can take them out as well.

Just punch ghosts, well, not necessarily. After all, the Pillar Men had their own "stands" (sandstorm, slice arms, cool hair) too that they were working with that aren't all that great in the scheme of things but they're still somewhat creative with.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

People in the anime thread keep going on about how the ripple could be used, and I'm just waiting for them to get chuffed when Joseph actually tries it and it doesn't work.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

That supplementary chapter about stands mentioned the ripple and the stone mask as ways to get stands. Since we know that the intended purpose of the stone mask was to create the ultimate life form, could Kars's ultimate form's abilities be a stand, or caused by one?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nope, he was just an evolved pillar man and a that's about it. No point in trying to rationalise something with something that existed after the fact when it boils down to it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Waffleman_ posted:

People in the anime thread keep going on about how the ripple could be used, and I'm just waiting for them to get chuffed when Joseph actually tries it and it doesn't work.

Dio poo poo talking Joseph is going to be hilarious.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Aurain posted:

Nope, he was just an evolved pillar man and a that's about it. No point in trying to rationalise something with something that existed after the fact when it boils down to it.

Yeah. I guess I was mostly just musing about it since the stone mask was mentioned in the stand chapter :shrug:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Yeah. I guess I was mostly just musing about it since the stone mask was mentioned in the stand chapter :shrug:

It's more or less a retcon to try and say "Had anybody used these to the full extent of their power then they would gain a stand from it"

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

you can think of it that way if you want to, and if anyone tries to stop you, kick their rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
This thread is way too big and clusterfucky. New thread here

• Locked thread