Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
So I'm most of the way through Part 3 now. It's sure something.

But, mostly I came to say, Iggy :(

e: Also, is Ripple just straight up not A Thing anymore after Battle Tendency?

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Now I have completely finished Part 3, and I come to a crossroads.
Do I read Part 4 in English, or DUWANG? (Probably English)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

I really love Spin. Ripple is fine, but Spin is so JoJo in that it's a simple concept taken to insane extremes in practice.

I'll look forward to it. I can't think of anything I've read or watched that's quite like this.
Right now I just learned about the Stand Arrows. I had to ask my monitor what the poo poo it was showing me for a few seconds.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I think it could go a bit longer. All the fights went really quickly and some could stand to be fleshed out a bit more.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Pun not intended, I presume.

Not intended, but I regret nothing.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Maremidon posted:

I think the go-to theory is that Araki secretly just really hates all animals, but particularly dogs.

Immortals have no need for lower forms of life.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Either way, now I have that song stuck in my head.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It hasn't. I just finished the non-Duwang post of it myself.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I heard that Vento Aureo is not a good part, but I'm 10 or so chapters in and it's still great.

Is there a point where it stops being great?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Just finished part 5. It was good, but I definitely wanted it to be over well before it actually ended.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I would've been perfectly happy if it was just Mista and Bruno.

Also, Stone Free is so much cooler than Gold Experience.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Stone Ocean is great. I'm partway through the last volume, and right now it may be my favorite part so far.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I just finished Stone Ocean.
What the gently caress just happened.

I mean, I know there's an alternate timeline now, but those last few chapters were a bunch of weird bullshit that I couldn't make sense of. And people say King Crimson is confusing? :confused:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Oh. So that would mean that Josuke is the only one from the bloodline that's still around in that timeline, right? And Giorno kinda somehow too?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Pucci also said something about everyone in the new universe knowing everything that would ever happen to them. Did this not happen when he died?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I don't imagine anything from JoJo would look out of place in the background of that show.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Watch it be a Part 3 recolor representing him in the SBR part.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

They have to save some people for DLC, I would think.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

But wasn't Jorge eaten by wall vampires?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, and Johnathan was trapped on a sinking boat and got beheaded. What of it?

I was mostly responding to Jorge going down in flames. Not that it matters too much either way.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I'm in the middle of SBR right now, and I'm enjoying it a LOT.

Though so far Part 4 is still my favorite.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Soulcleaver posted:

Are NTSC PS3s region-locked? I want to import Jojo All Star Battle since it'll probably never be released in English.

Nope. Import it to your heart's content!
We all need to exchange PSN Names when we finally get this.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I finally caught up with this series. I am not looking forward to having to wait so long between chapters.

Jojolion is super interesting and I don't want to have to stop reading. :(

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

This isn't related to the topic at hand, and may very well be old, but I found this JoJo face maker a little while ago and it's pretty neat.

http://v-room.net/g/daijin/jojoface1100.html

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I could've sworn that an interview with Araki a couple pages back said that they aren't the same universe.

e: Yeah, he said this: "The town of Morio-cho appears in Parts 4 and 8, but they're in parallel worlds, so they aren't linked in time or space."

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

My source at Crunchyroll told me that as of now they don't know of plans to simulcast it at the moment. However this may change.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

My favorite is Johnny by quite a bit. I'm looking forward to possibly learning more about him in the current arc.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I wondered that for a while, then came to the conclusion that it's a hat shaped pompadour.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

onepixeljumpman posted:

Are the metal parts also hair? Like maybe super hardened with gel and dyed blond?

No, Jotaro just likes to accessorize.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I liked 5 a lot and didn't really like 6 very much at all.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I'll be happy as long as they get to Bruno and Zipper Man.
Though Johnny would be optimal.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Duwang is a rite of passage. You should read Duwang.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

The Steak Justice posted:

D4C is now FA3RP.
E: Apparently Vanilla Ice is Cool Ice now which means I have to call him Mr. Cool Ice forever now.

At least Cool Ice is still related to Vanilla Ice, I guess.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I actually think that Phantom Blood is the only part I like less than Stone Ocean.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Pomp posted:

Nature's Valley twitter won't stop retweeting anime.

But wait, there's more:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I think Johnny might be my favorite...unless BruBru counts.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Volcano Style posted:

I have no idea how many of you guys are tabletop/pen and paper players, but I've been working on a JoJo RPG for the past week or so. I'm just testing it to make sure Stands aren't broken (in the bad way) and then I'll see if there's interest in a playtest or something.

Count me in if you do a playtest.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not going to lie, I'm reading Part 5 now and I'm not really getting into it. Moody Blues and some other Stand that deflates people just got introduced.

Does it pick up later, at least?

I definitely think 5 is worth finishing, though I think Bruno is one of the coolest main characters out of all of them. There are also some really cool fights right before the final boss.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Mr. Maltose posted:

No, the best way would be Monsters and Other Childish Things,

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Honestly, I'd have to say a reskinned Mage is the best way to handle it.

We should just make a JoJo medley pbp thread. Switch systems and GMs after every scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Soulcleaver posted:

But yeah, it would depend heavily on the creativity of the DM and to a lesser extent the players. Araki probably spends all day every day thinking up weird poo poo; it would be harder to do on the fly, especially for us mortals.

If I were running it, I would have a player come up with 4 character concepts, roll one for them to use, and the rest can be possible bosses.

• Locked thread