Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Will Cheap Trick be DLC because I know Araki's favorite part is 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Will Pocoloco or Soundman or Dino Dio be added eventually?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

TheManSeries posted:

Same thing I used to look up Stardust Crusaders. Anyways I'm gonna shut my idiot mouth now. I started reading the Duwang and it's loving hysterical. I'm a goddamn moron.

Wait til you get to Super Fly.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Well Deadly Queen and all.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Why doesn't Josuke run a repair shop?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
What did Pocoloco do with all his prize money? Since there is no Pocoloco Foundation?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

I personally like this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV_UhqF4JFI

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Stardust Crusaders OP redone in 3D Movie Maker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYe_8xcJIyA

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
What would happen if Pocoloco fought Love Train Valentine?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I just started Jojolion.
Does Gappy's social awkwardness ever go away?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I think that the WHO SHOT JOHNNY? chapters in SBR were some of the most confusing I've ever read in Jojo though.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Okay what is the Spin? I mean, what is it powered by? Like Hamon is powered by solar energy+breathing+strength of will or whatever. Does Johnny and Gyro just psychically think of the golden rectangle and said object starts spinning?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Since it's implied that a large part of Passione are stand users and we see only a small number of the members, why haven't they taken over all of Italy?

amuayse fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 14, 2014

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Well there are custom shirt and tie sites.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Bleh, I don't like how all of Giorno's character development happens in a flashback.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Why didn't Joseph use Hamon during D'arby's glass game?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Man, Joseph gets constantly hosed with by enemy stand users with Empress, Lovers, and Bast. Then again, Polnareff has to face toilets.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I think it's interesting how many characters have ridiculously powerful stands but are too dumb to use it effectively like the Sun or the Hand.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

CaptainFish posted:

I liked the Funny Valentine stuff fine, but I wasn't a huge fan of the Diego stuff. I kinda preferred his weird dino powers over what happened at the end.

Yeah, Diego didn't really get into a very serious fight until the very end.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
So how come whenever Giorno learns a new ability of Gold Experience, he forgets all the other powers it has other than the generic "Nonliving to Living"?
Why doesn't Giorno turn the clothing of enemies into Australian wildlife?

amuayse fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 18, 2014

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Is it true that the arrows are made of midi-chlorians or something?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Well Manicured Man posted:

Well, the arrowheads were carved from a weird meteorite, if that's what you're referring to.

Proof that Stands are actually aliens! It all makes sense now, why the arrow couldn't pierce Mikitaka, he was from the same planet the meteorite was from :tinfoil:

Polnareff refers to some sort of alien virus that's why.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Man, Part 5 is paced so weirdly. It starts off nice and slow, but around halfway through it just becomes non-stop boss battles.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I hope the villain of Jojolion doesn't have a punchghost stand.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
What's that thing Abbacchio, FF, Stephen Steel, and Rohan wears on their heads?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Lovers is my absolute most favorite fight in Stardust Crusaders. Plus more Kakyoin+Polnareff buddy time.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Plus that snazzy one liner.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
That first Valentine fight was confusing as hell though with everyone trying to figure out who shot Johnny?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I liked Lovers because it shows that even physically weak stands can cause a whole lot of harm if their users have the wits to make it work. Makes me pity some other stand users like Okuyasa.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Okay how the heck did Diavolo pack up that little hotel room so fast? During the part where KC breaks the computer.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
We Three Kings?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

FirstAidKite posted:

Did Jotaro slow down time a little when he grabbed Lovers?

Didn't Jotaro say something about how Star Platnium looks out for him?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Also, didn't Cars save a puppy in Battle Tendency?

amuayse fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 29, 2014

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
One of my chief complaints with Part 5 after rereading it in Japanese is that while the translation is accurate, it does not accommodate or change according to different character so it comes down with everyone have the same vocabulary and stilted way of speaking.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Uznare posted:

I'm not sure what translation you read because that poo poo is barely enough to get some of the plot across. Accurate is not a word that should ever be used to describe it.
It's accurate as in the translation was done to "literal definition" not "appropriate for situation". I've noticed this as I started doing some cursory checks with some online translators and compared them to several of my physical dictionaries. Here's an example, Giorno's pre-rear end kicking lines that I re translated.

I will never forget..
Literally translated, it's "To prevent the destruction of", but Giorno's clearly referring to his buddies.

Buccealiti is dead...Abbachio...and Narancia...
Just got rid of the "and" in front of Abbachio since multiple ands don't flow as well as multiple も (in addition)

However, their actions and memories will never fade...
While actions translates over well, translating essentially "wills and convictions" to simply wills sound strange. Memories fading is more understandable than wills destroyed.

They were the ones who put this arrow in my hand!
手 meaning hand, and 渡 meaning hand. Sounds more personal than just "gave" it to me.

But are you guided by some truth? Or is it simply petty evil that moves you?
While 現実 can mean reality, truth makes much more sense in this context.

We will now know.
Or "That(それ from this point on (これから) know (わかる)".

Will you still remain, even if you cease to exist...Boss.
This one's a bit tricky. Giorno's asking the boss if he will still exist if he's destroyed, but considering he was using it before in terms of "fading or being forgotten", using 滅びす as destruction doesn't fit. Giorno also ended the line with のかな, basically meaning "Wonder if" or a hypothetical question, but as a boast.

amuayse fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 29, 2014

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Yup, Polpo's dialogue.

To be able to do things like look at Michelangelo's mural in the Sistine Chapel
Even mentions the Sistine Chapel (システィーナ礼拝堂), so I don't know how you could mess that one up.
But I do have a Guyua and a Gaugin
It even spells out their names phonetically. Guyua (ゴッオ) and Gaugin(ゴ-ギャン). I guess maybe that mixed up Gaugin with Guanyin, the Buddhist Goddess of Mercy but how the gently caress that can happen is beyond me.

darealkooky posted:

Did you also understand what ciccolata was sperging out about, even though the translation has him complaining about something completely different?
The part when Mr. Freeze was on the phone and talking about cities?

amuayse fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Yup, the newer ones are better.

• Locked thread