Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I've never personally understood all the One Piece fans who said the manga/anime was unremarkable before Arlong Park. Like, isn't the whole point of One Piece is that it's a charming goofy magic pirate comic book that never really forgets that it's a children's comic book? I mean, it only gets more ridiculous after Arlong Part anyway, which is what the guy seems not to like about the show.

And Baratie was the best arc in East Blue. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
This isn't exactly a recommendation request, but I just got into Osamu Tezuka's works, and I was wondering if anyone had a link to the old thread since IIRC there was one a while ago. Also, I guess any manga/anime that are kind of close to Ode to Kirihoto would be pretty rad. And recs for Tezuka's best works in general I guess, preferably in giant omnibus format.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Is Space Dandy on Netflix the dub? Cause it's supposed to be pretty good and all, and I'd much rather have a good dub of a comedy than subs.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RabidWeasel posted:

I can't possibly imagine Dandy being any better in a dub, his original voice acting was so good.

the cute little robot i've seen in youtube clips doesn't have autotune in the subs, which is kind of a turn-off.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

nothing will ever top the berserk outtakes

well yeah, but that's the cowboy bebop of dub outtake reels so it's not really a fair comparison.

• Locked thread