Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

leather fedora posted:

Well, well, well. Look what the tiger dragged in: http://www.tasofro.net/touhou135/index.html

Still hoping the actual tiger shows up playable too, curvy lasers and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I got sort of excited before I clicked the link because I thought you were talking about Shou.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
I was thinking Byakuren's "hat" looked like a giant orange peel...

I'm assuming it changes between looking like that and glowing sutras.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Tengames posted:

Still hoping the actual tiger shows up playable too, curvy lasers and all.

Assuming the "background characters will not be playable" theory holds true,

don't get your hopes up.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

BlitzBlast posted:

don't get your hopes up.

It can't then, because Byakuren will have like one other person on her side.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Elliotw2 posted:

It can't then, because Byakuren will have like one other person on her side.

Mamizou?

Although honestly having 2-3 people from each faction only sounds reasonable to me. How many playable characters were you expecting there to be?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Just watch, HM will pull an IaMP and only have ten characters: Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, Byakuren, Ichirin, Mamizou, Miko, Futo, Seiga and the original.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

BlitzBlast posted:

don't get your hopes up.

Hey, it's those three Kimono girls from the Human Village stage again. Are they... recurring characters? because they aren't frilly enough to be proper Touhous

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Just watch, HM will pull an IaMP and only have ten characters: Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, Byakuren, Ichirin, Mamizou, Miko, Futo, Seiga and the original.

That's basically what I'm expecting. Creating sprites is hard work, so having an IaMP sized cast is only reasonable. Anything more is wishful thinking.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Wishful thinking got Meiling into IaMP, so don't knock it. :v:

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Hey, it's those three Kimono girls from the Human Village stage again. Are they... recurring characters? because they aren't frilly enough to be proper Touhous

Maybe they just really like fights.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Wishful thinking got Meiling into IaMP, so don't knock it. :v:

As a post-release patch.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Eh, details.

Much more importantly, the FMW3 PV just got released. And it is everything I could have possibly hoped for. :swoon:

I am hoping that giant laser at the end is from Eiki.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 18, 2013

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Partner system! Yes!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Hooray! :v: Just when the cast starts to get large they add this.

From the looks of it, I'm guessing the secondary character in the Unit does a single PLA attack like the Squads in Alpha 2/3 and Z, rather then just pick their attacks like in OG.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

And from the looks of it, there's no silly Cost limit for your Teams. The characters' costs are just combined, and if you have enough during deployment you can use them.

Now to just hope for Remilia, Yuyuko, and Yukari to be playable so I can go full IN.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

BlitzBlast posted:

don't get your hopes up.

Dang, it would've been cool to play as Kyouko and use soundwaves to knock down opponents.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

BlitzBlast posted:

Much more importantly, the FMW3 PV just got released. And it is everything I could have possibly hoped for. :swoon:

I am pleased with the Double Mi-Shizuha Kick.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Replace Mamizou with Kanako and that's basically the roster I'm expecting right now. It'd be pretty weird if the Bhuddist and Taoist factions got three characters, but the Shinto faction only got one.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

a cartoon duck posted:

Replace Mamizou with Kanako and that's basically the roster I'm expecting right now. It'd be pretty weird if the Bhuddist and Taoist factions got three characters, but the Shinto faction only got one.

Shinto has two characters, Reimu and Sanae. I don't think Mamizou is technically Bhuddist, either.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
HM now proudly presents the newest character, the ...tiniest taoist ever:

I was almost sure this was fake but then I looked at the page and yeah, that's what she looks like. Not sure what the heck's up with Alphes.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

the screenshot posted has silver hair instead of brown so That's just Futo.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 18, 2013

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Yes, that's definitely Futo Mononobe.
It's unfortunate that she seems to have misplaced her hands. Hopefully they'll turn up before too long.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

Shinto has two characters, Reimu and Sanae. I don't think Mamizou is technically Bhuddist, either.

I always kinda figured Reimu as a protagonist and wild-card rather than an out-and-out member of the Shinto faction. There's also the fact that the official mangas portrayed her faith as more dodgy and flexible than strictly shintoist, too. For example at the end of Oriental Sacred Place, Marisa muses how her getting along and commandeering youkai is more similar to hermits than shrine maidens.

Also, Futo being confirmed as a playable character kinda dashes my hope of Seiga being in it. Oh well.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if Kasen might show up playable? She's really popular, esp. for a character who never actually showed up in a game.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Schwarzwald posted:

It's unfortunate that she seems to have misplaced her hands. Hopefully they'll turn up before too long.

As long as she has her boat I am fine with her lack of hands.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tengames posted:

the screenshot posted has silver hair instead of brown so That's just Futo.

Schwarzwald posted:

I was just making a dumb joke about how weird looking she is in that art, definitely recognized her though.

ElMaligno posted:

As long as she has her boat I am fine with her lack of hands.

I don't know about boats but it says there that her Last Word is essentially "Burn everything, the spellcard edition". I think the boat will probably be in like how Komachi used it back in SWR though, it'd be a waste otherwise.

EDIT: And her unique mechanic is, apparently, smashing plates. You set up plates on the field, break them, and that causes her to power up. The power ups don't go away between rounds either.
And here's another screenshot:

Didn't know the Mausoleum moved into the middle of a lake.
I'm guessing Miko's gonna be revealed tomorrow, because Futo's profile mentions going after her and "taking care" of the people she beat up.

HGH fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 18, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah if Futo is in there's no way Shou isn't in.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Futo looks really small probably because somebody took the seidoujo part from her last spell card too seriously.

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
Where did those two new screenshots come from, did I miss them on the site or download the wrong demo version?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Volt Catfish posted:

Yeah if Futo is in there's no way Shou isn't in.

Seems like all the characters are just pairs of 2, so Shou isn't getting in unfortunately.

Ocatamai posted:

Where did those two new screenshots come from, did I miss them on the site or download the wrong demo version?

keep scrolling down, new updates appear at the bottom.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Was alphes always this terrible at art and I just never noticed, or is this a new thing with Hopeless Masquerade? Because seriously. Ichirin's probably been hit with it the worst:

Girl got some stumpy-rear end limbs.

e: didn't realize how big that pic was.

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 19, 2013

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
At least Wriggle's in the game this time... even if not as a playable character. :unsmith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Was alphes always this terrible at art and I just never noticed

Yes, pretty much. Not as bad as ZUN but not great either.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The religious war is over.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Was alphes always this terrible at art and I just never noticed, or is this a new thing with Hopeless Masquerade? Because seriously. Ichirin's probably been hit with it the worst:

Girl got some stumpy-rear end limbs.

e: didn't realize how big that pic was.

Yeah, Alphes is kinda poo poo at drawing, and also I hate his style.

edit: I just noticed, why are half of Ichirin's clothes transparent?

Karasu Tengu fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 19, 2013

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If you ask me, the only thing alphes is really good at is drawing faces. Everything after that is (a super glossy) hit or miss.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wish Urin would draw more pictures of people being dicks. This got like 600 bookmarks in 5 hours.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

And to the surprise of absolutely no one, Miko has now been confirmed as a playable character.

I'm guessing next will be two characters representing the Shinto faction, Sanae and Kanako probably?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man, look at that evil cape. She looks like a silly RPG villain now.

Also, her special ability icon is... a dumb old meme?

Seems like the way this works is that Miko actually uses popularity to power up, and when her popularity is low she'll be weaker. Her cape changes colour as this happens as well. Last Word is a giant laser sword that slices through the middle of the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Where do you get those pictures, anyway? I can't find them anywhere on Tasofro's site.