Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

nielsm posted:

So he wants another Breakout clone? :haw:

Knowing them, probably.
Can't wait for the demo, though. Its gonna be good!

Anybody here going to ACEN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I'm just going to have to say that "Double-Dealing Character" is probably the single best title of an official Touhou game that there has ever been.

I hope not. The color scheme and basic silhouette is too much like Orin. Usually ZUN's better about that with design.

On that note, it's actually Orin who needs to be a playable character.

Orin or Kogasa. :colbert:

Marisa assassinated Mima and usurped her powers long ago.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Admittedly, if Mima were to actually make a return appearance in an official Touhou game, it would be an indicator that ZUN is letting the fans dictate what he creates. And no good could possibly come from that.

Even though Shikieki should be a playable character. :colbert:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Hedera Helix posted:

Even though Shikieki should be a playable character. :colbert:

She is, in PoFV.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hedera Helix posted:

Admittedly, if Mima were to actually make a return appearance in an official Touhou game, it would be an indicator that ZUN is letting the fans dictate what he creates. And no good could possibly come from that.
Not really. Just because someone thinks something up or people want something doesn't mean that the author deciding to do it necessarily is predicated on that. I don't think there was outside influence when he brought Yuuka back, after all.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Captain Invictus posted:

Not really. Just because someone thinks something up or people want something doesn't mean that the author deciding to do it necessarily is predicated on that. I don't think there was outside influence when he brought Yuuka back, after all.

I also don't think fans were begging for Yuuka to be brought back in every game since EoSD. Alice only had a one-game break, but I think after she reappeared, fans were begging for Mima and Shinki, not Yuuka.

I could be wrong, though.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Hedera Helix posted:

It's kinda funny you say that when fan favourite Sakuya is confirmed for Touhou 14.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Just wait, DDC will have unlockable characters.

(Beat the game on Lunatic with Reimu to unlock Sanae. :ssh:)

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

BlitzBlast posted:

Just wait, DDC will have unlockable characters.

(Beat the game on Lunatic with Reimu to unlock Sanae. :ssh:)

No, based on the last game with unlockable characters you need to 1cc all stages on lunatic with all characters.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Elliotw2 posted:

No, based on the last game with unlockable characters you need to 1cc all stages on lunatic with all characters.

I'm horribly reminded of the ridiculous things you need to do to unlock the Last Words in IN. Ugh... at least most of them are too hard for me anyways, but still.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hazdoc posted:

I'm horribly reminded of the ridiculous things you need to do to unlock the Last Words in IN. Ugh... at least most of them are too hard for me anyways, but still.

I think he was talking about Double Spoiler, where you unlock Hatate by clearing her spell cards in the stage past the EX stage, in what's already considered the hardest game in the series.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

To be fair though, if you make it all the way to the Double Spoiler stage, capturing all cards there is a cinch. It's unlocking the Double Spoiler stage that's difficult. I'd also say that Double Spoiler is easier than Shoot The Bullet, in that I actually managed to unlock Hatate but I have yet to unlock Extra stage in STB.

If you want really frustrating character unlocks, just look at the other two Prismriver sisters in PoFV. Just beat the most frustrating Extra "stage" in the series, twice over. No loving thanks.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

I think he was talking about Double Spoiler

He was talking about IN's solo characters.

EDIT: Also StB is waaaay harder than DS.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 13, 2013

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Only in IN the requirement to unlock the solo characters is just to get the true ending for every team, and since IN is one of those games that doesn't belittle you for playing on Easy, you can just 1cc the game with every team on the lowest difficulty.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

BlitzBlast posted:

He was talking about IN's solo characters.

EDIT: Also StB is waaaay harder than DS.

I was mostly talking about DS, but yeah, all touhou unlockable characters are annoying, except sometimes in the fighters.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

KataraniSword posted:

I think he was talking about Double Spoiler, where you unlock Hatate by clearing her spell cards in the stage past the EX stage, in what's already considered the hardest game in the series.

I know, I was just saying that IN had some hard Last Word unlocks too.
Personally I've never beat Double Spoiler. I think it was the spider girl's spells that thoroughly beat me.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

Elliotw2 posted:

except sometimes in the fighters.

Don't you unlock characters in the fighting games by playing the story mode? Because that is what I would define as annoying.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

Only in IN the requirement to unlock the solo characters is just to get the true ending for every team, and since IN is one of those games that doesn't belittle you for playing on Easy, you can just 1cc the game with every team on the lowest difficulty.

I figured Elliot was building off my joke, but it looks like I just read him wrong.

Nages posted:

Don't you unlock characters in the fighting games by playing the story mode? Because that is what I would define as annoying.

You unlock characters in HT by buying SWR. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Finally got around to reading this. Only Karaagetarou could pull something off as absurd as a Nitori x Chewbacca pairing. Cute and actually pretty god drat hilarious at the same time.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/6400 :nws: ads per usual

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Captain Invictus posted:

Finally got around to reading this. Only Karaagetarou could pull something off as absurd as a Nitori x Chewbacca pairing. Cute and actually pretty god drat hilarious at the same time.

I thought you were joking.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I never joke. I am a robot.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Captain Invictus posted:

I literally can't believe that this was played perfectly straight and actually manged to... work. Even if it is Karaagetarou.

Chewie having to leave Gensokyo to go film Episode 7 :cry:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Since Reitaisai is closer than ever, is there anything interesting to check out other than the two official games as far as music and fangames go? I've yet to see any news of who's attending and such.

Speaking of music, I stumbled across this remix of Mystia's theme done in the style of Snake Eater, which was pretty cool (despite not understanding half of the lyrics).
Also here's a MMD sequel to that one "Sakuya doesn't get to be playable" video that was posted in one of these threads at some point in time.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

HGH posted:

Speaking of music, I stumbled across this remix of Mystia's theme done in the style of Snake Eater, which was pretty cool (despite not understanding half of the lyrics).

Yeah, that one's nice, but the Engrish is just a little bit too much for me. Its good for a listen or two, but I certainly wouldn't be putting that on any of my playlists.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Can anyone help me find the original track/its original name of this Meiling song in this video?

e:

Hazdoc posted:

Yeah, that one's nice, but the Engrish is just a little bit too much for me. Its good for a listen or two, but I certainly wouldn't be putting that on any of my playlists.

It's going on mine though :D

I generally find engrish to be aesthetically pleasing at times, show's effort.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Raenir Salazar posted:

Can anyone help me find the original track/its original name of this Meiling song in this video?

According to the comments section (and the credits at the end of the video), "Perseus" by Hitomi Shimatani.

Copycat Zero fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 16, 2013

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Copycat Zero posted:

According to the comments section (and the credits at the end of the video), "Perseus" by Hitomi Shimatani.

Thanks, I thought it was a Shanghai Tea House arrange :(

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
The English lyrics are actually relatively well-done in that Mystia song. The singer could stand some more practice but it's still a lot better than, say, anything by Sound Holic's 709sec.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Captain Invictus posted:

I decided to read some old karaagetarou after this and what do you know? Nitori has been living there for quite a while.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/785353

And something extra that's slightly unrelated, but still awesome.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/839056

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Karaagetarou's Nitori is by far the best Nitori. (Danbooru)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Likewise: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1372021

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I like stupid-rear end poo poo and I like the top one of these the best http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/839010

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Well, well, well. Look what the tiger dragged in: http://www.tasofro.net/touhou135/index.html

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

What a stunning surprise that nobody could have seen coming.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 17, 2013

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Nice hat.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
So running the moonspeak through google translator makes it sound like the formerly hatless heroine's unique feature is that she first has to 'load' her special moves much like loading bullets into a gun. She has limited use but subsequently more powerful special moves than normal characters. Seems to fit well and sounds pretty badass.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Zun felt something was wrong with Byakuren, but was too drunk to figure it out. It came to him in the middle of the night, jolting him out of his stupor. A hat! He had forgotten to give his Touhou a hat! He raced over to his telephone, and hastily called Alphes. Alphes was working on the art for Touhou 13.5, and Zun knew that he would be able to correct this horrendous mistake. After a few sharp words to the confused illustrator Zun hung up the phone, confidant all would become right in Gensokyo. And so, some weeks later, Alphes sent Hopeless Masquerade's finished sprite sheet to be looked over by his boss. A smile formed on Zun's face as he took a large swig of Kirin.There, perched atop Byakuren's head, was the largest hat in all of Gensokyo.

(Also why haven't we gotten any of the Daoist crew? I want to play as Soga.)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
That's like a straw hat that rice paddy farmers wear, right? How appropriate that a monk would choose it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Byakuren isn't wearing her hat. That's her scroll; the way she's holding it causes it to fold back on itself.

What has changed is that her scroll is now made from actual paper and not rainbow words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

Byakuren isn't wearing her hat. That's her scroll; the way she's holding it causes it to fold back on itself.

What has changed is that her scroll is now made from actual paper and not rainbow words.

Yeah, if you look at the in-game picture, she doesn't seem to be wearing a hat.