Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
edit: quoting since its a new page.

Endorph posted:

Getting a glitch in FMWP where after the Yuyuko boss fight, the cutscene with Yukari spawning in just hangs when Yukari's about to spawn in. Anyone else run into this?

It's a known issue that we were never really able to fix. If your game somehow isn't 1.08 then update it to that and if it is then you might just have to replay the chapter again with the Japanese dat files then switch them back after saving.

Ryza fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Apr 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Clarste posted:

Wild and Horned Hermit 45.

In which we see what desperation can do to someone.

I can't believe Youmu is dead.

More dead?

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Gamerofthegame posted:

I can't believe Youmu is dead.

More dead?

Double dead.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Only like 3/4 dead now

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

She was half ghost, which is already 1/2 dead, so if she picks up one more dead that's a total of 1 1/2 dead?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ryza posted:

It's a known issue that we were never really able to fix. If your game somehow isn't 1.08 then update it to that and if it is then you might just have to replay the chapter again with the Japanese dat files then switch them back after saving.
Just wound up switching back and forth between the ENG and JP dat files, thanks. Didn't think that it was an issue with the TL patch

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Endorph posted:

Just wound up switching back and forth between the ENG and JP dat files, thanks. Didn't think that it was an issue with the TL patch

Yeah, the game is programmed in such a way that changing th text can screw up a lot if things. That's one of the reasons so many things are left untranslated.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Yeah, the game is programmed in such a way that changing th text can screw up a lot if things. That's one of the reasons so many things are left untranslated.
I'm guessing they didn't use Unicode, and that was only the start of your problems.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm guessing they didn't use Unicode, and that was only the start of your problems.

More likely, they only allocated enough memory to fit the Japanese text, or they based some triggers around Japanese text speed.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FractalSandwich posted:

Double Punctuation posted:

More likely, they only allocated enough memory to fit the Japanese text, or they based some triggers around Japanese text speed.
Or something super gross like "execute script 132 when the わ character in textbox 483 is typed onto the screen"

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
It's probably something in the exe which we can't edit and causes us all sorts of fun problems. In the third game sometimes text in game would change, specifically sometimes Keine would be written as KeineH. We had no idea why and kinda threw our hands up while grumbling about the exe intil one day where I decided to comb through it. This happens because the game wants to check to use the Keine portrait or the werecow Keine portrait. If she is transformed then it runs a find and replace for Keine to KeineH because the portraits are labeled like Keine01a: and KeineH01a: and are defined in the same file as the rest of the chapters text.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Nages posted:

It's probably something in the exe which we can't edit and causes us all sorts of fun problems. In the third game sometimes text in game would change, specifically sometimes Keine would be written as KeineH. We had no idea why and kinda threw our hands up while grumbling about the exe intil one day where I decided to comb through it. This happens because the game wants to check to use the Keine portrait or the werecow Keine portrait. If she is transformed then it runs a find and replace for Keine to KeineH because the portraits are labeled like Keine01a: and KeineH01a: and are defined in the same file as the rest of the chapters text.
I wish I could say I'd never do something like that even if I didn't think anyone else would ever see it, but I'd be lying.

How did you get around it? Did they include a way to escape it, or did you just chuck a non-printing character in the middle of her name and hope for the best, or what?

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
We left it in and now it's a feature of the patch.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I hoped this story would have a punchline like that.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

My henshin* av is el doritoH

*TL NOTE: henshin means transformation

*TL NOTE 2: transformation is a simplified translation of the term but it works well enough in this context. but for a true understanding of its meaning you must look up the following

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
if the words "sick shamisen solo" appeal to you, this arrangement is for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qouFhFz72oM

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
English translation coming out tomorrow, and, uh, lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-CdmLe8nI

It's pretty rough.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
This is all your fault, Shion.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
The patch is out.

A Touhou game now has an official English translation.

There is text certainly in English, that much I can assert.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

leather fedora posted:

The patch is out.

A Touhou game now has an official English translation.

There is text certainly in English, that much I can assert.

Good enough for me.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mm, at least it’s I can understand what they’re saying, that part seems right.

But the delivery is a bit stiff, the grammar is a bit off, and there are typos here and there.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Internet stalking the guy listed in the credits, he seems to be a Korean who's also a native speaker of Japanese. Most of his translation experience is Japanese-to-Korean. So he's a professional translator, just not one who's as used to working in English.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
All the literal English tls of the titles own extremely so I Assume this tl does too

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The english titles arent translations, they're the english part of the titles as written by ZUN.

The english option in AoCF is just poorly edited

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Chinese team of scientists name a new flower after Reimu

https://www.huffingtonpost.jp/2018/04/22/reimu-flower_a_23417229/

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

Chinese team of scientists name a new flower after Reimu

https://www.huffingtonpost.jp/2018/04/22/reimu-flower_a_23417229/
are we supposed to call it "Reimu" or "Lingmeng" in English

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

El Burbo posted:

The english titles arent translations, they're the english part of the titles as written by ZUN.

The english option in AoCF is just poorly edited

Oh, well, ZUN ftw

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Oh, well, ZUN ftw

Yes

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The English translation is serviceable. It's not what I would call good by any stretch of the word, but I was kind of expecting worse to be honest.

Then again TasoFro presumably paid for, so you'd probably want a translation you can say better things about than "is in English".

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Clownpiece...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Namtab posted:

Clownpiece...

Clownpiece...

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Do you guys know if Alison made any more of the Touhou drug vids past the meth one

Here's the heroin one for all of you who haven't seen them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0HPZg7F2f4

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Visionary Fairies in Shrine 11!

In which Clownpiece throws up the horns.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Monsters ARE metal as hell :rock:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

You're such a good girl, Piece

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Smoking Crow posted:

Do you guys know if Alison made any more of the Touhou drug vids past the meth one

Sadly, I haven't seen any besides the two.

Too bad, Alison Airlines is a treasure.

https://twitter.com/ALISON_airlines/status/989838158803030017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The Immortal who saw the death of the universe is probably in my top 5 doujins

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
And just above you is the Immortal who saw the dank of the universe. Coincidence?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

El Burbo posted:

The Immortal who saw the death of the universe is probably in my top 5 doujins

Thanks I read this and it was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

El Burbo posted: