Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rectus posted:

Wait, touhou is an isekai anime now?! Reimu being OP as heck finally makes sense. :v:

Sanae is the isakai protaganist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Dr Pepper posted:

Sanae is the isakai protaganist.

Sumireko is also an isekai protagonist.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

the two emotions of touhou

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

rannum posted:

the two emotions of touhou

Smug and a second, smaller smug.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, Gensokyo is basically isekai for everybody who isn't a regular human. Look at Remilia!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yukari is the rear end in a top hat goddess who pulls people into the other world and then laughs at them/makes them do things for her amusement. (Originally I was trying to describe her isekai equivalent but it turns out that's her actual role too.)

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Sorry to interrupt the isekai discussion but I did this yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBxeLuDRNIY

First try too, normally I can't beat Touhou games on hard. The deathbomb window really helps with HSoB though, and also just the fact that I hit so many deathbombs I'd normally miss (I don't think any Hard would be too bad for me if I could actually deathbomb consistently in official Touhou games).

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Well done friend!

On the whole HSoB is one of the easier games out there, but as you noted, it's mostly due to how many resources they dump on you, cuz the danmaku itself is plenty hard. I'm personally more of a Hard player, but I was able to 1cc Lunatic on my second try with Reimu Yellow.

e: also random aside, it's been days since I last played it but I still can't get the Stage 5 theme out of my head.

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 20, 2019

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
They're basically subsets of changeling fantasy, though. You never see a story about a schmuck who gets reincarnated as a villein, tries to overthrow the status quo and gets lynched by the squire.

Although that'd make for a good short story, if incredibly hobbesian.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Fi6bV42uI

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Touhou fan game experts: Is Luna Nights good? Because it looks like it has strong Aria of Sorrow DNA which would be extremely a good thing.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

chumbler posted:

Touhou fan game experts: Is Luna Nights good? Because it looks like it has strong Aria of Sorrow DNA which would be extremely a good thing.

It and Tempest of the Heavens and Earth are the only two fangames I can unquestionably recommend on steam. It's really good, but that recommendation comes with the caveat it's a bit on the short end. So kind of like Momodora in that extent.

Can't really say how it stacks up to Aria of Sorrow since I never played that but I'd say it stacks up favorably to other games of the 2d sidescrolling action-adventure-platformer genre I've played. Not really accurate to call it a metroidvania, it's closer to, if you know about them, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon instead of Ritual of the Night.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think it's fair to call it a Metroidvania, it's just a fairly simple and linear one that likes to use boring keys a few too many times.

But the basic gameplay is extremely fun, it makes excellent use of Sakuya's time stopping powers, and my first reaction upon beating it was to immediately play it again just because I wanted it to be longer. I will say though that it's a little weird how the bosses have completely non-random attack patterns.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Ten Desires cross-review:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Reimu to Marisa after giving a range of -1 to 1 points for the last 4 stages: Harsh as always, Marisa

these are great as always :allears:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
The comments from Mamizou and Kokoro are very cute :3:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Can't believe Kokoro doesn't like such a high quality mask

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Disappointing that Kogasa wasn't included.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I like that Reimu's and Marisa's reaction to Miko is "Just tell her how great she is and it'll get her to shut up."

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Miko is pretty harsh on her disciples

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well yeah, they're not Miko after all.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

boredsatellite posted:

Miko is pretty harsh on her disciples

Disciples nothing, that was her wife she just savaged.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Oh yeah, auditions are open for my Symposium thingo. It's right over here.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Oh yeah, auditions are open for my Symposium thingo. It's right over here.

Ooh, ooh! I like helping with Touhou fan things, and have really awesome mics and gear!!

....aaand predictably, voice parts are all for girls.

Well, if you should happen to need any sound effects or new music (or new arrangements of Touhou music), or any other kind of sound engineering, I can offer to help with that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/mefomefomefo/status/1102793067764084736

That final one with the Ecoloco :allears:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I decided to try Touhou Gensou Wanderer, and you know, maybe there is such a thing as too big.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

chumbler posted:

I decided to try Touhou Gensou Wanderer, and you know, maybe there is such a thing as too big.

:wrong:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

chumbler posted:

This Gensou wanderer does to ribbons what the anime did to titties.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Her head could be a bird and the ribbon her wings

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

chumbler posted:

fennec fox reimu

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/mefomefomefo/status/1103175369761476608?s=21

maybe you should stick to listening, miko

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Justus posted:

Ooh, ooh! I like helping with Touhou fan things, and have really awesome mics and gear!!

....aaand predictably, voice parts are all for girls.

Well, if you should happen to need any sound effects or new music (or new arrangements of Touhou music), or any other kind of sound engineering, I can offer to help with that.

I might actually take you up on this. I don't... actually know if I want to have any music in it yet. I'm not sure. I feel like I need to assemble the audio up first, and feel out if it's missing anything.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

CoLA figures

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Those look cool, but actually having figma on display was a line of weebery I never intended to cross. I intend to get married at some point, damnit!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I intend to get married... to Reimu!

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

WarpedNaba posted:

Those look cool, but actually having figma on display was a line of weebery I never intended to cross. I intend to get married at some point, damnit!

Find a wife/husband that appreciates your figma, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Find a partner who will combine their figure collection with yours!