Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Raenir Salazar posted:

Any Lunatic LP's of the Touhou games that don't skip the dialogue? I know its mostly fluff that barely characterizes anyone beyond one or two quirks for fanon to latch onto with their talons but c'mon, I figure there's gotta be something content wise to it to make it worth reading.

Because I'm bad at the games and can't watch the dialogue myself even on Easy :shobon:
Right now Tsym is running an LP of games 10-13, with text posts to show off all the different dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

JackMackerel posted:

I'm surprised Komachi (the girl who always gets slapped with a redneck accent) isn't on that list.

Wait, no. Too easy.
Wait, really? I've rarely come across fan stuff that has Komachi do more than sleep on the job.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Honestly debating getting that last panel as my avatar now. Holy poo poo that's a great face.
Edit:

Friar John fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 21, 2013

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

So I thought I'd try out Genius of Sappheiros, but the English translation pack I downloaded seems to just straight up break the game. I have the base 3.0, and the translation said I need 3.1, but I can't find any patch for that. Am I just doing something wrong?

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Awesome, thanks! Do I just run it on the GoS folder?

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Hrm, now the patcher looks like it's giving me an error about MD5 checksums with config.exe, Engine.dll, and Game.pak. Times like this I wish I remembered more Japanese from my high school days!
Edit: And yes, I did make sure to remove the English patch .paks from the folder before running it.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Well, ZUN did say this was about going back to basics, no? That makes sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Aww. :sigh:

See I was thinking it'd be fun to draw a short story comic involving time travel and paradoxes that'd wind up with about 4 copies of Sakuya coexisting at once-- the "present Sakuya", one from the future, one from the past, and one from the future-Sakuya's past that is still in the future for the present Sakuya.
When has anything in canon stopped interesting ideas? Do it!