Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

vgperson
Oct 29, 2008
It should be noted that the character titles and song names combine Japanese and English terms for the monsters. Wakasagihime's title uses "ningyo," and her music uses "mermaid." Sekibanki's title uses "rokurokubi," and her music uses "dullahan."

Kagerou's title uses "loup-garou," and I haven't seen her song name, but I'd assume it uses "werewolf" if it follows the same pattern.

EDIT: Yep, called it, "Lonely Werewolf."

vgperson fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vgperson
Oct 29, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

I'll be disappointed if Hisoutensoku isn't the Buriki Daioh analog.

Mokou's chapter (Near-Future equivalent) was made in early 2009, so it's Patchouli Robo versus Yagokoro Daioh.

(You may have noticed I'm the translator. It's an okay game, I guess, but man was the translation process annoying.)

vgperson
Oct 29, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

You translated an RPG Maker game? I would unironically love to hear about how much of a clusterfuck that must have been.

Man, translating RPG Maker games has become my whole business. It's usually nothing too difficult, just editing the game like the creator themselves would to translate the messages and pictures.

But when you have all this "programming" to make something like the Live-A-Live battle system (which, by nature of the early RPG Makers, cannot be anything but extremely convoluted), and the guy decided to just copy and paste a whole bunch of crap instead of doing anything in a smart way... well, it gets tedious. And the game has a huge amount of maps, though I'm sure much of that is owed to every single possible encounter being its own copy of the battle screen.

I probably could have gone about things better - I've since developed some tools that would have helped - but it's no wonder I stick to horror and adventure games these days. :v:

Incidentally, Koki is slowly working on a sequel to Touhou-A-Live called Vanishing Fairy with a more SaGa-ish battle system, coded in a more sensible fashion. On the other hand, the plot's gotten even more absurd: There's a talking black crystal whose default name is Black. Everyone is a treasure hunter going into ruins that popped out of the ground out of nowhere. The Former Capital turned into a big metropolis with rival gangs and the mayor is an insane kappa with a giant robot who's doing black market dealings with a weapons supplier for the Lunarians...

...yeah, I might translate that too when it's done.