Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Setz has released a new comic - http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1387630

Artist's commentary posted:

Colouring has become rather boring and it's too time-consuming, so from now on Finnish Touhou 4komas will come in black and white. You can try your colouring skills if you feel like to.

I admit that I was taken in for a moment before I remembered that it was 1 April.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hedera Helix posted:

Geez, the comic hasn't even been fully translated yet. I know you have that redtext avatar and everything, but in the future could you possibly wait for the translation to finish before posting links? Thanks.

Alright, I will.

EDIT: The abovementioned Setz comic has been fully translated.

I love that Parsee has a dart-board of "Things to be jealous of today".

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 1, 2013

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Setz has posted the coloured version of his April Fool's Day comic - http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1388559

It has been fully translated. I'd love to find out what it is about the third stone under the bridge that Parsee is jealous of.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samurai Sanders posted:

For Reitaisai, Pixiv is having a picture contest, based on # of views broken down by game. The only remaining three are (from left to right) the main characters, EOSD, and PCB. My favorites have all already been eliminated...

Are there any other franchises where the first installment remains forever the most popular regardless of how many years have passed since the first installment came out or how many new sequels have appeared since then?

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 5, 2013

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: well, Koakuma is still good. She's by far the best touhou without a name.

Koakuma is pretty cool, but "best touhou without a name" isn't too much of an accomplishment given that there's only one other competitor for the title.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Finnish 4-koma, fully translated - http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1398795?pool_id=1754

In which Ichirin brings an onion ring to her fight with Marisa in HM.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 17, 2013

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Namtab posted:

Thanks, both for your services as a human RSS feed, and for telling me the punchline before I even read the comic. Saved me a lot of time.

I'll concede the point about the human RSS feed, but that's just the premise for the comic and not the punchline. It's like saying "One Piece is about a rubber-man sailing the oceans with his crew" or "Attack on Titan is about man-eating titans attacking the last bastion of humanity".

That said, I appreciate that such posts have annoyed you and others in the thread and will stop posting them from now.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dinky Duck Race posted:

Attack on Touhou

Are Stage 5 bosses more suited than other Touhous to be Recon Corps soldiers?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dinky Duck Race posted:

Yes I agree a Subterranean Animism rep seems fairly likely right now if Nitori could get in.

Okuu could be the symbol of sun worship.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pureauthor posted:

That poll reminded me of a question I want to ask - Why exactly does Septette for the Dead Princess win the music polls so consistently? It's a nice song and all but I wouldn't even rate it in ZUN's top 5 of final boss music, let alone the entire series.

The entire EoSD cast are by far the most popular Touhous among the fandom, and by association the EoSD music is the most popular music in the series.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrSunshine posted:

The ratio of hatless Touhous relative to hatted Touhous has been increasing with respect to time. If this trend continues, by 2099, more than 90% of all Touhous will not have hats.

But sometimes they get hats in subsequent games, like Byakuren.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hokuto posted:

Almost 20% of voters picked Necrofantasia for first music pick. What the hell, Touhou fans.

That's not the first time in this thread you've criticised Necrofantasia. What do you have against it?

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not in turn attacking you for disliking Necrofantasia. I'm honestly curious to know what are the flaws / shortcomings in the song.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is ZUN still doing the character art for the latest game? It seems to me like the artwork has been significantly improved between Ten Desires and Double Dealing Characters.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Clarste posted:

I think the biggest obstacle to Satsuki Rin fully manifesting is that there's currently another character named Rin. I don't think that's the kind of decision you'd make as a creator if you were still leaving an opening for someone.

Nobody calls Ms Kaenbyou "Rin", though. She's known as "Orin", both in-game and among the fans.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Namtab posted:

RIP yuyuko

She's already a ghost, and a cheerful one at that, so she is resting in peace.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Gensokyo is filled with a bunch of cheating jerks.

I understand why all the others are there except for Cirno. What powers does she have that can help with cheating at the game?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Komachi could just manipulate distance so that she gets to her destination, any destination, by the time she drives out of her garage.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Komachi drives a boat, Marisa drives a broom, anyone else is highly suspect.

Murasa drove the Holy Palanquin Ship and Orin drives her little corpse-cart.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ElMaligno posted:

goku:

1) is not a girl
2) doesnt wear a hat
3) or a frilly dress

goku is like the worst possible touhou

So what you are saying is that Goku is Rinnosuke?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been laughing for 30 solid minutes at "clownpiece" and can't stop. Someone please help me.

EDIT: She does have a pretty solid boss music.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 16, 2015

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

El Burbo posted:

What would her genetic makeup even be? Too many halves

Let's see... Quarter-human, quarter-youkai, half-were-hakutaku. There, that's not so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who's the fairy between Daiyousei and Lily Black?