Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
You can search touhou pv on YouTube and come up with a few of them. The ones you've mentioned are good ones, but there's others too, (kinda) like this one for Tewi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7QbgfeEzdY

And then there's Oath of Soul, though it's more pretty and not so much a narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOpe9ETZMKg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEcNu15_Nug

:colbert:

Just ignore the 2 seconds of crying in the flashback, okay?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

KataraniSword posted:

Typically this happens because of bad sequels, but when quality isn't brought into question... I think Transformers might be an example, in that everyone and their uncle seems to prefer the 1980s cartoon to everything else in the franchise.

Hey, the recent Cybertron games were amazing. They're only tainted for coming out at around the time the Bay movies were, despite having absolutely nothing to do with them.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Whenever you're looking at the standard Pixiv image webpage, the artist will always be in top left.

You can click on the portrait or their name, or you can click on the Profile or Works tabs to the right of that.

If you're talking about finding someone on pixiv with just one of their images, than Google's image search allows you to drag-and-drop images to search by them, or you can upload one by clicking on the camera icon in the search bar. (Google's search result. Clicking the top link leads to a pixiv popularity listing, and finding the image there, about halfway down, will lead you to the artist's page for the image.)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Touhou's all about the hats, right? Have a couple crazy hats.

From 9時, though most of the stuff on there is decidedly less crazy awesome hats.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

I forgot this was a thing. Thank you for reminding me. :3:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
If you're not looking for soothing, why not try something a little different? Here's some electronic German touhou:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFzvxuRNPWQ

You also don't have to bend over backwards in order to get their stuff! They've got a few albums up on bandcamp, all of which are pay what you want including free. There's actually a decent selection on the touhou tag and a couple more on the toho tag. Haven't listened to any of 'em but you might find something you like there.

Edit: Listening to the linked video's album, and I'd definitely recommend checking out Lonely Nightmare/Necrofantasia (vocalist mostly covers of other songs) and Invisible Observer/Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye (vocalist Again, mostly just covers).

Onean fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 20, 2013

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

That's actually really cool. A couple of the backgrounds looked bad, but the actual gameplay parts looked awesome. (Ikaruga is my favorite shmup, so I may be a little biased.)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It was only a matter of time until this happened, with a character named Alice, but it's still definitely worth checking out. See how much you find familiar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCOvbDfE6vc

Edit: Reminds me of Sound Horizon's Story albums/concerts. Here's Snow White, which I wish I could find the live concert version. Instead, have Moira, a concert about Thanatos. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, at least watch the second video.

Onean fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Aug 27, 2013

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

KataraniSword posted:

Urgh. Did they really have to use the horrifically unfuckingreadable Disney font? Thankfully it's only in the beginning, but god, that puts me off almost right away. I'm normally not the type to bitch about typeface, but when it makes subtitles harder to read, then you're defeating the entire point of subtitles. :rant:

EDIT: Glad I sat through it past that, though, as it's really... something, indeed. You'd think more things like this would be around in Touhou fanworks, though I suppose getting that many singers working in unison is a lot of trouble. The thing that really stood out to me was the art, though; is there anywhere on Pixiv or the like where it's all together outside of the video?

Yeah, I didn't really appreciate the Disney font either, but at least it's only used in the beginning and end for the most part. As for the art, it's all individual, unrelated pieces which can be found on Pixiv. If you give me a little bit I'll see if I can find it, most of the stuff I recognized from other videos and I probably have bookmarked.

Edit:
From around the 3 minute mark, there's しきみ.

Couldn't find this specific image and had to grab it from somewhere else, but it's the correct artist.

Edit2:
First image I couldn't find with a quick Google image search. Unless there's a way to search Pixiv by image, you're probably not going to have much luck unless someone else recognizes it.

Edit3:
I'm a dumbass :saddowns:
It seems like all of the images are from the same artist, who is also known as keegy. Looks like not all of the images are up on pixiv or the other site, but they are from the same person. shuushuu seems to have a larger selection, but I've never heard of the site and there's some terrible comments spread out in the search results, so your results may vary.

Final edit:
vvvvvv
Of course someone would beat me before I finish double checking Edit3.

Onean fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Things are a little slow here, so have some Touhou/Pokemon crossovers from カンヌ.

Edit: And here, have this remix of Vanishing Dream from Phantasmagoria of Dim.Dream for listening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBFpqGXRG14

It's not just crossover stuff there, there's some pretty nifty stuff aside from it, though I have this feeling that they like SRW, Tenshi in particular. :v:

It's all work safe.

Onean fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 9, 2013