Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Falls Down Stairs posted:

There's a semi-formal rule among the Japanese Touhou fanbase: post as much gameplay footage as you like, but never post or seek out footage of the endings. So for anyone who knows an ending, you know they earned that poo poo. Or something. This was the reason for all the jokey censored ending footage in the last thread. Someone shout at me if I'm misrepresenting poo poo.

To elaborate on this, it is a request of ZUN's that nobody post the endings, presumably because of the whole aforementioned "earned it" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

It makes no sense for Marisa to be participating in a religious conflict either, though.

Marisa's alluded to liking the idea of immortality before. Maybe she thinks she'll get something out of Miko.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

She's a Shintoist. Not a very devout one, especially compared to Sanae, but that doesn't mean she isn't one. See: her clothes, her position, and her powers.

And her shrine does have a god, she just doesn't know its name. Or give a drat about it. It is apparently annoyed at this, but seeing how she hasn't been evicted after 13 games of neglect it probably doesn't care that much.

For all we know, it might not even exist anymore. After all, vampires and the like can visit the shrine with no problem.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Okay come on guys, it's not that hard to just check up on stuff before you post it.

Sorry, my mistake.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

And yeah, to be fair, black-haired Touhous are astoundingly rare, considered. There's Reimu, Kaguya, and.......

Utsuho, Aya, Nue, Tewi, and Renko.

e: Oh, and Murasa.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 1, 2013

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Maximum Chenergy posted:

So for anyone else who's played so far, does the bombing somehow feel delayed or off at all? because it's really been messing me up and I'm not sure what the deal is.

I've been pulling off deathbombs with some regularity, so I haven't noticed anything off about the timing.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

InfiniteJesters posted:

Less Western-origin youkai in this game than I was expecting/hoping for, and the cursed weapons thing turned out to be a red herring, apparently.

This annoys me.

(On the other hand, dat EX-boss.)

Well, the cursed weapons did make the three kind of crazy. Especially Sakuya.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Kheldragar posted:

I thought an extra stage's difficulty was the same as lunatic.

Not even close. Otherwise Phantasm would just be a curtain of bullets. Really, it varies, but it's mostly above-Normal, maybe just above-Hard in a pinch.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Justus posted:

Are you sure about that? Doesn't that already have a localization by Xseed?

They're working on Second Chapter. Trails in the Sky is a trilogy.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Keep in mind that Touhou Lunatic is roughly equivalent to Espgaluda/Deathsmiles Easy, more or less.

I'd have to argue this point, at least for EspGaluda. If anything, it's closer to Hard. It's by far CAVE's easiest game.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Yeah, Maya's just a spirit medium, although some shrine maidens do show up in the final case of AA3.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Clarste posted:

As I recall, that boss was totally beatable until the devs kept patching all the ways players found to beat it.

Well, it wasn't supposed to be. It actually didn't even have a loot table until a group killed it for the first time and SE realised "Oh right, people are actually going to try to kill this thing."

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What beat Septette?

If it's Hartmann's Youkai Girl, because of the Koishi association i'm going to be so mad.

U.N. Owen.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 31, 2015

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The poll has been put up on the wiki and i'm finally taking a look at it, and the thing i'm most surprised by is Renko somehow making it to 22nd place. I didn't think that most touhou fans were all that aware of the sealing club, since they're not in any of the games or mangas. Not that i'm upset because she's cool, but I was really surprised to see her up so high.

Pretty much every character associated with ULiL went up (except Nitori, for whatever reason), and Sumireko is pretty popular for a new character herself, so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Well, that's definitely an interesting choice of danmaku. I wanna know just what ZUN was drinking this time round.