Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Can’t believe Clownpiece and the gang are gonna burn down the shrine

I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Surprised this wasn't a Clownpiece.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm glad posting Mima is finally a bannable offense, in the sports subforum.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm glad Sane is showing her true colours when teaming up with Reimu, I did insist that Sanae's polite exterior in the previous chapter was a bit of a facade.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Normally the old translations stick (we didn't flip over to calling her Frandoll)

I haven't stopped trying on that front yet.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I like how you can tell the Three Fairies artist is also a huge turbo-fan because he uses crowd-shots as an excuse to draw cameos 100% of the time, instead of random villagers. Though on the other hand that does make the world of Touhou feel a bit smaller in the works he's involved in.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

leather fedora posted:

Borrowing Unzan for what exactly?

In the most recent WaHH the Myouren Temple had Unzan transform into a giant resting Buddha statue for some Buddhist holiday or another. When Reimu found she blackmailed the Buddhist crew to lent her Unzan and have him transform into a giant Shinto shrine gate or whatever so she can also gather lots of faith.

If anything, getting ranked highly by Reimu is worse for your wellbeing than being ranked lowly by her.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Someone's behind on his Apple Girlington lore it seems.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I do love though how TasoFro just drops all pretense and plays the You Wa Shock musical stinger when an opponent gets beat by Musou Tensei in the round in Soku.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The English translation is serviceable. It's not what I would call good by any stretch of the word, but I was kind of expecting worse to be honest.

Then again TasoFro presumably paid for, so you'd probably want a translation you can say better things about than "is in English".

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'll finish my MegaMari LP one of these days weeks months years.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Touhou running on Simpsons time was a thing I always assumed was true but hoped it wasn't. I suppose it never quite mattered since most characters are timeless anyway but it's gonna be awkward if Sumireko spends the rest of the story on the brink of graduation for years to come.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Frankly the thing that would hold Sumireko back from graduating high school the most is that TasoFro would have to make new sprites for her, anyway.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Hopeless Masquerade is trash, Urban Legend in Limbo is a bit less trash, I actually enjoy and regularly play Antinomy of Common Flower.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

dude i cant believe they finally added nitori

Welcome to five years ago.

I hardly ever see any Nitoris in the EU scene so I can't really say what she's like.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Neat.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Ultima66 posted:

I discovered that Chinese weeaboos also insert Japanese honorifics into conversation. Flandre calls Remilia "Jie Jie Da Ren," where Jie Jie is how anyone refers to their older sister and Da Ren literally means adult and sounds loving stupid to me as an actual Chinese person but the term is the literal translation for nee-sama.

There's something comforting about knowing how seemlessly being a massive weeb crosses language barriers.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

sounds like something a language-user would say

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Nages posted:

ZUN posted:

I didn't have any data about caves, so I panicked, left my house at midnight, and drove west to Akiyoshido cave.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'll see you at the AoCF circuit, Nages.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

what happened to your touhou art hard drive

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Man, that teleport ability is pretty awkward and hard to get used to.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Moe Harukawa's character art is pretty cool but what I really dig is her scenery and crowd shots

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i also have a favorite touhou character

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Let's surpass the old times and invent a sokuroll program, but for AoCF.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i hate touhou fans

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Pretty sure that perma-banned guy there is the one who carved the names of chat thread posters into his flesh.

So uh, good job on Wark's and Guyovich's parts.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

her last name is Hiedano now please get with the times

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I wasn't even being sarcastic, I genuinely prefer Akyu Hiedano over Hieda no Akyu just because of the awkward inconsistency between Western and Japanese naming orders the latter creates in character names.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm glad we're finally getting replaced as the big Touhou fans.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm glad people enjoy the games and I like seeing videos of them as well but anything past Gradius levels of shooter is a big ol' nope for me no matter how good they are.

To be honest I always found Gradius stuff harder just because a single slip-up means you lose roughly two dozen power ups, and every stage halfway through is designed around having all those upgrades. If I mess up in Touhou all that happens is that my shot-type gets slightly weaker and I get reimbursed two bombs.

Imagine if in Touhou a single death meant you're now slow as molasses and can't really dodge anything anymore.

Also yeah, ZUN seems to just love the whole doujin scene and experience, but in recent years he seems to have warmed up to the idea that international fans would like to buy his games but that traveling halfway across the world for them is perhaps not reasonable.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Nages posted:

I can't believe reimu hakurei is loving dead

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

she showed up on the last page, technically

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Until TasoFro figures out how netplay or at least lobbies work, it's hard to recommend the game.

Of all the Touhou fighters I enjoy it the most, but if you don't know people near enough you that you can play with it's basically a single player fighting game and that's not great.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

everyone who decides to abbreviate Clownpiece as "Clownpi" is a bad person, morally

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Yeah, he's already said in past interviews he leaves translations to fans because they got that poo poo on lockdown already and would understand Touhou better than a professional translation team at this point. The fact he calls it part of the doujin spirit pretty much proves he's all in favor of it.

After Antinomy of Common Flower's official translation I can't say he's wrong, either.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

reimu also never wears high-heeled sandals in the games and manga

frankly not giving reimu her cool as hell winter boots from forbidden scrollery is a huge moral failure in itself

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Music circles always seem to focus on Necrofantasia over Evening Star ~ Night Falls and it's a crying shame.

Also: Every time I click on some Japanese-titled video with a Seiga thumbnail hoping it's Old Yuanxian but it's just Desire Drive yet again.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

She is a named character with an introduction card which means she is legally not allowed to die ever and is here to stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

hiding things from your spouse is not a good basis for marriage generally, even if it's something as benign as "i'm a nerd"