Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
After many months, I return to this thread.

Between then and now:

-Hopeless Masquerade has come out, and I feel confused and uncertain what I think of it. It's like my kidneys were stolen and replaced with a lump of coal and a live raptor.

-The TH14 demo came out and any game that lets me fight a werewolf with a flamethrower is highly auspicious to me. Waiting warmly until it is ready.

-To make this post a bit more on-topic: I wish ZUN would throw us a little more info about the Moon sisters since I actually like them too.

-I can't decide between Buddhism and Beerism. :saddowns:

InfiniteJesters fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

It's Beerism. Trust me on this, man.

but but but

C'MON, MAN!

What kind of cruel world forces me to decide between hanging out with a bunch of cool monster people with a flying ship and beer? :saddowns:

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Shinki basically okayed a demonic invasion (war inciter!), Remilia and Yuyuko's crap would have seriously destabilized the environment (environmental terrorism!)

Environmental calamity nothing, Yuyuko was tampering with a demon tree that could hypnotize living things into committing suicide!

InfiniteJesters fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jun 10, 2013

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

Clarste posted:

I only said she was worse than the Watatsukis, didn't I?

One of them threatened to flatten the Bamboo Forest if Yukari didn't go along with her demands.

Why on God's green loving Earth are you measuring the exact weight of their souls (with 0.1% margin of error) here, again?

InfiniteJesters fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jun 10, 2013

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

Clarste posted:

She was doing it to protect her home from invaders. Maybe overkill, but she had some sort of reason. Tenshi... was trying to blow things up because she was bored. Not that that's a particularly uncommon motivation.

Whatever. Just please refrain things like compare her to real life mass-murdering lunatics/jerks in the future in the thread, okay? Most of us want to have a chill time here and I'm pretty sure a reasonable number of people will take issue with you making the above comparisons on account of it being a pretty flamebait-y statement.

The OP has this to say on the subject of excessive gravitas:

ElMaligno posted:

4. Do not I SAY AGAIN DO NOT take the story, characters, music or anything from this game seriously. They where made by an alcoholic middle aged japanese man If I see any instance of “MY TOUHOUS!! :cry:” Or I will take you to a spin on the lovely north Atlantic in the middle of a Nor'easter. Have you ever been forcefully ejected from your bed? Well I HAVE.

Let's change the subject before one of us sucks everything down a hole of anti-fun.

So.

Beerism.

InfiniteJesters fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jun 10, 2013

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

Clarste posted:

...you know, I hadn't even thought of that. I suppose I'm the person who brought up Hitler, aren't I? Sorry.

Honestly I think of Tenshi as closer to that annoying rich girl who's always in teen high school movies. Not sure why I brought up real life tragedies. That was a horrible idea, in retrospect.

Apology accepted. Thank you for understanding.

And I always sorta thought of her as Paris Hilton, except with a shiny sword/power over earthquakes/no sense of responsibility instead of a casual penchant for cocaine and wasting money. :v:

She is a lousy person but that is why I find her amusing.

Related note: I wish Iku got even half of the love Tenshi seems to get. Iku's so ~=+stylish+=~.

InfiniteJesters fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jun 10, 2013

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

Iku pretty much stars as 99% of the enemies of Takkoman, so there's that, I guess? :shrug:

That replaces Iku's classiness with heaps of Yume Nikki-esque surreal creepiness, though. :cry:

That game is just UNNERVING in a way even the most horrific moments of KKHTA aren't for me.

InfiniteJesters fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jun 10, 2013

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
New 13.5 patch is out, and another one's apparently on the way.

No (official) word on playable Kokoro in versus yet.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

Arujei posted:

When has anything in canon stopped interesting ideas? Do it!

Canon doesn't necessarily, but the overreacting fan or two might. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
Less Western-origin youkai in this game than I was expecting/hoping for, and the cursed weapons thing turned out to be a red herring, apparently.

This annoys me.

(On the other hand, dat EX-boss.)

InfiniteJesters fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Aug 13, 2013