Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Hooray! :v: Just when the cast starts to get large they add this.

From the looks of it, I'm guessing the secondary character in the Unit does a single PLA attack like the Squads in Alpha 2/3 and Z, rather then just pick their attacks like in OG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That's pretty normal for fighting game main characters. They're typically the balanced type without any huge gimmick.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It's pretty funny how every other Touhou faction is, at most, morally neutral and just not thinking too hard of the consequences of their actions.

Meanwhile the Daoists are literal supervillans.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dinky Duck Race posted:

Eientei is a moon criminal asylum set up by a selfish murderer who gets away with it because she is some kind of Super Moon God.

Really the Lunarians are kind of jerks so I totally support Kaguya winning over those punks.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BlitzBlast posted:

The only truly unsympathetic Touhous are probably the various fairies. And they're basically kids so who cares what crazy shenanigans they get others into.

Incidentally, the fairies are the best Touhous. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BlitzBlast posted:

Hahahaha, am I reading that last category right? Now people can vote for their favorite shipping as well?

ZUN to release Touhou Dating Sim.

Still does all the art.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Volt Catfish posted:

Some of these categories are silly because the Japanese are always going to vote Cosmic Mind as the best song, etc etc...

Well that's because it's true. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Personally I like to think she only has one knife which she's constantly snatching around the time stream to grab and throw again.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Takoluka posted:

She looks like she came from Umineko.

Well a good portion of Umineko characters could pass for Touhous so turnabout's fair play! :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Because it's horrible.

Basically Wikia kept making the layout of the site more and more obnoxious so more ads could get shoved on, the people actually responsible for running the Wiki had enough of it and ditched the place. With it now run by corporate managers, the wikia wiki quickly became a cesspool as any sort of moderation stopped and vandalism reigned supreme.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Mazed posted:

I loving love that this is the actual explanation.

Though presumably Tewi doesn't count as a 'normal' Earth rabbit.

Tewi's old enough to probably have earned a million names from people.

Most of them epithets

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

a cartoon duck posted:

Meiling is the sole gatekeeper and protector of Gensokyo so that's understandable.

Ahem.

Kurumi and Elly. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

How about people not try and LP every Touhou game ever made which inevitably leads to burnout. Just pick one and play it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Namtab posted:

One day that one guy'll finish the touhou VN and then I'll LP that.

Only if you do it in DDRD.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Literally Gensokyo is Filled with a Bunch of Cheating Jerks: The Game.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Also she's not Japanese yet dares to do Touhou stuff.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Do FMW1 and 2 use the same engine?

I would have figured at least that the guys who made the patch for 1 could tell how to patch 2. Like, even if they don't do it, show others how they did it/release whatever tool they made.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

They're gamemaker games?

Interesting, I guess something good had to come out of those. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I can only imagine how metal the games remix of Mystic Sect of Solar Wisdom will be. :allears:

Also, Marisa and Reimu have new sprites. That's nice.

Hatate too! One of the best Touhous is now ready!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I hope they take the stage in IN where you fight Reimu or Marisa and make it a big brawl between two different factions like Zeuth vs Zeuth.

Because that'd be the best. :allears:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Stelas posted:

Labyrinth of Touhou 2 apparently now has a full English translation. Seems like it's still just a release candidate - people are nitpicking it right now - but give it a couple of days and it should be good.

Does Evasion actually work in this one?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BlitzBlast posted:

She's basically a massive Gundam reference. Exia style beam attacks, Trans-Am UDON-ZAM, Satellite Cannon, the works. Her default PS is Hit and Away, haven't checked out the rest yet.

Glad to see the best touhou is getting her due.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

a cartoon duck posted:

is there a reimu vs marisa mission though

Yes there is. It's a full blown Zeuth vs Zeuth type scenario.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, did the Palanquin ship battle theme get posted yet? Because I can't seem to find it.

It was included as a bonus track for the FMW2 OST so BlitzBlast probably didn't bother to rip it.

It's pretty great.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BlitzBlast posted:

And yes, From Now on We'll Be Together is like the best song in the game. It's based off one of the better UC tracks after all.

The best part of these games is the soundtrack imo.

But yeah, From Now on We'll Be Together stands out as particularly great.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pureauthor posted:

Guys, guys, you're thinking about it wrong by going at it from a Touhou standpoint.

If we think from an SRW standpoint, then it becomes obvious.

It's Euzeth.

A bizzre, esoteric power.

Silly head gear.

Causes incidents because he's a dick.

Of course, Euzeth's been a touhou the whole time.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

WarpedNaba posted:

I forget what spurred Reimu to charge in after Yukari once that part of it was done. Did Yuyuko mention being tipped off about something under the tree by Mrs Gap?

Reimu was pissed that there was still a hole between this world and the Netherworld, Yuyuko told her that Yukari was the one who made the gate. So Reimu/Marisa/Sakuya barged into Yukari's place, but she was sleeping(Hibernating) at the time. So they beat up Ran and come back a few months later, beat up Yukari so Yukari promises to fix the problem.

Judging by how the Netherworld is now a popular vacation spot in Gensokyo, I don't think that worked out.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Sanae got a powerup in SA because she learned you can't let yourself be trapped by common sense. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The best part about Yuyuko is that she's one of the most powerful, intelligent, and cunning people in Gensokyo and probably knows how to solve every incident but she'd rather dick around and tease Youmu then actually do anything.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Ghost team has the best dialogue. :allears:

I don't think you can say this when Magic Team exists.

It's even better in SA when Marisa treats the entire exercise like an RPG dungeon crawl.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

RIP God Yuyuko bug.

Now I have no reason to use that PS because I always reset if I lose a unit anyways. :downs:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Clarste posted:

Reimu gets another power-up later in the game when she thinks long and hard about the true meaning of being a shrine maiden, falls asleep, and then accidentally beats everyone up while sleepwalking.

Reimu owns just saying

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Calling upon the gods for aid is just so much work.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MegaMari is particularly hard even if you've played plenty of Megaman games.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

IN is wonderful in how it revels in revealing how much BS all the Youkai of Gensyoko have to deal with when Reimu and Marisa are on the warpath.

Master Sparks everywhere.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That would imply Reimu cares enough to actually espouse a philosophy.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It's canon that Reimu has no idea who the god of her shrine is.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pureauthor posted:

Why must Rin be fought at all when she's specifically the one who wanted to lure you down there to stop Okuu

It's just how things work man.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

:swoon: Why can't it be out now.

Edit:I already want it just for the new Smoldering Ash

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...