Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Imaizumi's final spell is like a particularly dickish version of Cat's Walk. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Haven't seen it posted yet, but as good as the HM arranges are, Kokoro's theme completely knocks them out of the park.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

And apparently Kokoro has skills now: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21375708

:woop:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I 1cc'd IN on normal a while back and then managed to 1cc TD Normal a few weeks ago. That felt pretty good.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

The Stage 5 boss's gimmick is just cruel. :stonk:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Evil Sagan posted:

I dig it so much. I wish it hadn't taken me so long to check this stuff out. I'm really enjoying IN and the setting just conveys such a unique brand of insanity.

I really hope you played as Magic Team, because Marisa gets the best line in the game in stage 4. :allears:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Volt Catfish posted:

The nonsensically mis-translated line or something else?

The Bitch, get out of the way! one. Not sure it it's the same you're talking about.

There's also the whole "bickering like an old married couple" dynamic that Magic Team has.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

The key to beating Astrological Entombing is to focus on destroying the familiars. Once you take down the majority of them the spell becomes much less of a mess, and in fact it's one of the (vanishingly few) times Magic Team is straight up the best option.

:stare:

I kind of just assumed all of the final boss familiars were nigh-invulnerable, I guess, because this never occurred to me. That's gonna make that fight a hell of a lot easier.

Re: music chat: I really wish there were more arranges of DDC music. I've pretty much only been able to find one arrange each of Illusionary Shamisen Recital/Reverse Ideology/Little Princess, and they're okay, but not great. I do enjoy this guy's Reverse Ideology piano arrange, though!

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Aug 20, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

You mean Raiko's spell? It's kind of like Reisen's spells, look for an opening before the gimmick happens.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

And if you're playing SakuyaA you get 3 free bomb pieces if the shield times out, so you can profit there.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

Actually Needle Reimu is always the correct choice in every Touhou game.

Except DDC. :v:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

HellCopter posted:

Touhou is pretty light on the text, isn't it?

Considering you've usually got at least 6 scenarios with different text...probably still more so than other games, yeah, but there's still plenty to localize.

And remember that there's 9 Windows games. :v: e: Plus the photography games, fighting games, and possibly the PC-98 games.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

What's the difference between half-full and half-filled?

It's a pun on Keine's history-altering abilities. :ssh:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

SirSlarty posted:

DCC is fun. I don't mind Seija's gimmick. I don't mind Kagerou's curtain fire. I do however have a tough time dealing with the Tsukumos.

Notes in your face! Panic and BOMB BOMB BOMB. Every time.

Yeah, I don't have too much trouble with Seija's gimmick but the Tsukumos and Shinmyoumaru just destroy me.

Also I didn't know that meme existed so I figured it was a pun on the past-tense of fill. :v:

e: Didn't want to double post but holy hell the difference between easy Shou and normal Shou is ridiculous. :stare:

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Nov 27, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Seija tricks Shinmyoumaru into unleashing the power of an ancient artifact, which grants the Tsukumos/Raiko life, riles up the other youkai and turns the protagonists' weapons into tsukumogami. The goal of this is to trigger an uprising of the weaker youkai to overthrow the stronger ones. Protagonists fly around beating up the rampaging youkai as usual.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

The focused shot does a bit more damage than the unfocused shot, enough that I shaved off two or so seconds per pattern on mid-boss Sekibanki. It's not such a substantial increase in damage, but spread shots and homing shots are always weaker than narrow shots.

You can also cheese it and tap shift so that you release a few amulets without resetting the gohei. It's not a lot of extra damage, but it helps.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah, I'm surprisingly not being driven crazy by the stage music in this game like I was with the earlier music in Double Spoiler.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

You can also do 10-4 with the Lantern. Enjoy your absurd graze! :buddy:

e: You need pretty decent timing as well as max leveled Lantern/Mallet to pull it off though.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I'm pretty sure a few people have gotten achievement 70 without cheating (unless you count using Orb/Doll sub). The only real obstacles are 10-4 and 10-7.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Clarste posted:

It's not really a game, more like a visual novel. Long "story" segments punctuated by bizarre puzzles that only exist to serve the story segments. And the characters aren't really Touhou characters but merely based on them. And it's all translated into some weird chatspeak thing.

So, uh, I can't really give an unqualified recommendation. But I liked it.

It's based on Homestuck, for anyone who hasn't played it but was thinking about it. The puzzle sections won't make any sense unless you've read through that and a lot of the jokes are very Homestuck-y.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The puzzles don't really make sense in Homestuck either.

This is true.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

Y'all idiots, Necrofantasia owns but it's no Sado no Futatsuiwa

Futatsuiwa from Gensokyo is better.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Hedera Helix posted:

Not even Wind God Girl?

That's from PoFV :ssh:

And yeah, the only photography track that doesn't get really repetitive really fast is Infinite Nightmare.

I'm also kind of not terribly fond of Eternal Transient Reign; it's way too soft and seems really out of place in the rest of ISC's soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

The real killer on Kanako I think is the bomb immunity on Virtue of Wind God; you can bomb through all of her other spells just fine and then completely eat poo poo because if you have to bomb at all, ever, you're robbing yourself of damage while an already super tough spell slowly gains speed.

I personally find Sanae harder than any of the rest of Kanako's fight. :shobon: