Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
Species: Thumbelina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

Close tie between first and second. Most of the PC-98 ones were just semi-randomly selected because I didn't know who they were. Also

Clarste posted:

Shizuha is obviously better than Minoriko.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

I've been wondering for a while: is there a lost-in-translation reason for the awkward syntax in this exchange from PCB (a pun, a reference to Japanese media, a figure of speech that doesn't translate well into English, etc.), or is it just a literal translation?

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

Death, taxes, curvy lasers.

Also, I like how Narumi has one of the most OP abilities in Touhou (control of living things), but she's an ultimately insignificant* stage 4 boss.

*in the grand scheme of things. I still love her though

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

She does say that she would've been able to nullify Cirno, a being composed of pure life energy, so it seems to be more than just creation. Nevertheless, my original phrasing was wrong; sorry about that.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

can't wait for Scarlet Weather Rhapsody 2: Tenshi Pisses Off Even More People

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

These guys also have some pretty good faux-Touhou tracks to use.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

looks like Reimu attained Ghost Muscle, the skill that fortifies one's body with the incredible power of ghosts

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

and the touhou wiki of course doesn't have a bio translation, or even a picture

still, cool that we got a new fakehu, always down for fakehus

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

you've got people pronouncing youkai both with the vowel shift (Marisa, the narrator) and the long o (Miko). Ditto Ootomo (Kanako) <--> Ootomo (Akyuu) and Gensokyo (Marisa) <--> Gensokyo (Byakuren)

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

yeah, Kanako's voice has a kind of vibe where while she's "off the clock" and letting herself relax and not project a larger-than-life god voice, her voice still has hints of the kind of weight and age that a god would have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

Boundary of Effortpost and Shitpost