Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

This looks so dumb that I want to start reading again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mr. Fowl posted:

This looks so dumb that I want to start reading again.

Bug Jesus and His Apostles have arrived on the scene and it is so dumb in the best way.

I guess theyre gonna have to recall the bug dudes from Mars to fight them or some poo poo? I dont know man.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wait has someone besides displaynone done v13?

edit wait is this Japanese to Spanish to English?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Michelle is loving epic

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Michelle is loving epic

She is the most epic character still alive.

Rip Adolf.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ASIMOV FTW

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

He continues to be the best character in this series

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Just caught up after a long while.
There are many moments in this manga and I'm not sure if its at the top. But horrifically regenerating from a boob (singlar) is certainly up there. :shepface:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

.Clash posted:

Just caught up after a long while.
There are many moments in this manga and I'm not sure if its at the top. But horrifically regenerating from a boob (singlar) is certainly up there. :shepface:

:stare: Did... did she lose all her memories? Did she have a backup brain in her boob?

KoB
May 1, 2009
They announced that Crabdad is getting his own spinoff manga.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

KoB posted:

They announced that Crabdad is getting his own spinoff manga.

Oh hell yes.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I recently binged on all the chapters for this manga and god I should not like what is essentially the Longest Shounen Battle ™ plus Attack on Titan sensibilities of killing off characters and on top of that science(?)/Animal Planet gibberish.

That said, Keiji Onizuka is the poo poo, Team Russia's awesome, and at least these fuckers will get off Mars before Saiyuki ever finishes. Granted, most things will be finished before Saiyuki ever finishes, but there's that.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Remember that Live action movie being directed by Takashi Miike? We got a trailer
Looks like they are doing their own thing for the most part but the last 10 seconds finally show off the roaches.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Compendium posted:

I recently binged on all the chapters for this manga and god I should not like what is essentially the Longest Shounen Battle ™ plus Attack on Titan sensibilities of killing off characters and on top of that science(?)/Animal Planet gibberish.

That said, Keiji Onizuka is the poo poo, Team Russia's awesome, and at least these fuckers will get off Mars before Saiyuki ever finishes. Granted, most things will be finished before Saiyuki ever finishes, but there's that.

Hey they took like a 5 min break like 40 chapters ago when they landed on the planet.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
So I just watched the first four episodes of the Terra ForMars anime on a whim...

Death everywhere. A bunch of the cast I thought would be central to the plot just get iced outright. Reminds me a lot of the early chapters/episodes of Knights of Sidonia.

Is it worth watching the entire thing? Surely they can't keep up this pace.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chocobo posted:

So I just watched the first four episodes of the Terra ForMars anime on a whim...

Death everywhere. A bunch of the cast I thought would be central to the plot just get iced outright. Reminds me a lot of the early chapters/episodes of Knights of Sidonia.

Is it worth watching the entire thing? Surely they can't keep up this pace.

Is it uncensored because the gore being blacked out put me off. Also the kill train never ends bwahaha

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
As far as I can tell its uncensored, I mean... you see people get torn to pieces in a pretty loving grotesque fashion.

Is the manga censored? Or is there another release of the anime that is?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The TV release was censored, but the BD is super gross and gory

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Ah, that makes sense. Yeah the version I watched was downright disturbing, I can understand why that didn't make it to television.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chocobo posted:

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah the version I watched was downright disturbing, I can understand why that didn't make it to television.

yeah the new Berserk coming up might be near unwatchable with all the censoring it will surely have.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The manga is uncensored and incredibly badass.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

The manga is uncensored and incredibly badass.

This

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at the eugenics born number 1 being a bitch

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Still watching this show. Loving the unexpected deaths. The narrator hasn't even finished explaining this girls power and then she gets punched so hard that she explodes in gibs. The over the top violence is laugh out loud funny.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
If anyone still cares about Bug Fights, Volume 14 is now up on display:none;'s site and Batoto.

In this volume:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I lost it at Terra c-u-c-k mars

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Daxing Dan posted:

If anyone still cares about Bug Fights, Volume 14 is now up on display:none;'s site and Batoto.

In this volume:

That's still pretty far behind. There's translations up to 159 and there's like another 30 untranslated chapters still. They are already back on earth from what I heard. I wish the people who were translating would just hurry up.

Kill you with LOVE!

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 2, 2016

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Tenzarin posted:

That's still pretty far behind. There's translations up to 159 and there's like another 30 untranslated chapters still. They are already back on earth from what I heard. I wish the people who were translating would just hurry up.

I think I've seen the translations you're talking about, if you mean the ones on Batoto, and calling them "translations" is really stretching the definition of the term. I'm not exaggerating when I say you could write a more accurate and coherent script just by flipping through the raws and making stuff up on your own. If I didn't know better, I'd say translations that bad have to be deliberate.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Kill you with LOVE!

So Joseph's turn was pretty bad for a lot of reasons. But the way they present his obsession with love is downright messed up, especially with how he tries to destroy his friends in the flashback. But we do get more Martial arts Hornet action so I'm still down for it.

Daxing Dan posted:

I think I've seen the translations you're talking about, if you mean the ones on Batoto, and calling them "translations" is really stretching the definition of the term. I'm not exaggerating when I say you could write a more accurate and coherent script just by flipping through the raws and making stuff up on your own. If I didn't know better, I'd say translations that bad have to be deliberate.

There was a time where Imperial Scans was handling the translations and they did a good job. They had to close up shop and some of their staff moved over to Mangastream to keep up translations. The guy currently doing translations on Batoto has been around for a while now and isn't known for very good translations. He did some decent stuff a couple years ago but then it got revealed that he was taking his translations from a spanish-based group and his quality has been dropping ever since. Last I read from him he started using some pretty gross images for his credits page and I just stopped reading TFM altogether.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'll just read the spanish scanlations then

KoB
May 1, 2009
I dont understand why Joseph went badguy.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I don't get it either.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

The answer is apparently because Joseph was always a bit of a motherfucker. He was just pretending to be a decent person before.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

KoB posted:

I dont understand why Joseph went badguy.

Joseph's family has been persecuted/marginalized for generations by various governments.

By killing all of the other soldiers, these various governments are weakened by losing talented people/losing their expensive bug surgeries.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Hes persecuted even though hes magical and perfect and beautiful and rich and influential?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
He's an rear end in a top hat

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
That's really stupid.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

K. Flaps posted:

That's really stupid.

That's the genius part about it. That fits perfectly with anything else in this manga.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Who the hell did he frame in that backstory?

I kept going back and rereading those chapters because it made no sense other than to show how he was batshit crazy.

A very funny statement is how the highschooler in the flashback is buffer and taller than the cops arresting him, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

He didn't frame anyone. He got Michelle molested for real, and then arranged for Jack to find out, and almost/actually murder her tutor for real too.

• Locked thread