Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

Invoking fairy dust is not a crime.

If plants are valid sources of powers then protozoans should count too. Where is AmoebaMan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

To be honest, I get this feeling of "why bother" from Terra ForMars. They just keep introducing characters, hyping them up and then letting them get killed off or rendering their power ineffective in one fell swoop just to show how powerful the cockroaches are. Bugs #2 had "awesome army dude with combat experience with the power of flamethrower hands" and he gets chumped just to shows the readers how strong the roaches are. And then when it looks like they have a chance, we're treated to new roaches, who are impervious to former tactics and better. And that's just the first arc, since the second arc has roaches with powers from the Bugs #2.

You're taking giant-space-humanoid-roaches vs animal-powered-humans way too seriously. Whomever wins is not the most powerful or cunning or whatever, it is just whomever the author felt like they would win. The series is full of little reminders of how ridiculous everything is, from the arachno-whatever mkII, Adolf and Eva's little (German) love story, and shout-outs to DBZ. All in the latest volume. It's dumb as gently caress, but it is aware of it and having fun.

Ytlaya posted:

I'm really hoping that the reason the roaches keep saying "johji johji" is because their leader is named George.

See? This is the correct perspective to enjoy this poo poo. For all we know this could actually be right!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

KoB posted:

They even mentioned it like 3 times in the last batch of chapters, whats not to understand at this point .

Wait, are we supposed to understand *anything* in this manga? drat, I am reading it wrong.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

Broniki posted:

I look forward to the renewed shitstorm about the roach designs.

Nah, they are purple, you see.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

Keep reading, the whole thing is just an excuse for silly animal/plant-based superpowers. It's complete trash, but entertaining none the least.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

How the gently caress did the roaches make guns? Not only that but they seem to coordinate attacks without any technological communication?

Too many things are based off "reasons", this kinda blows rear end.

You're approaching this POS from the wrong angle: don't give a poo poo about "reasons" and enjoy the idiocy.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

Ok, I couldn't think this thing could get even more ridiculous but so welp, I wasn't ready for the last chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

K. Flaps posted:

That's really stupid.

That's the genius part about it. That fits perfectly with anything else in this manga.

• Locked thread