Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Glad this started.

quote:

Tales of Destiny does have random battles. There's just a few area's, like the draconis, that you get monsters on the screen that you can avoid. They can also trap you and make the next 20 minutes a slog as you clear them all out.

Minor typo: areas shouldn't have an apostrophe in this case. Maybe capitalize Draconis if it's the name of the ship.

I also vote for the default names. EDIT: beaten by the OP.

quote:

In all the JRGs I've played Tales of Destiny is the only one I can think of that actually shows bathrooms and toilets.

JRPG's. I think I remember seeing a toilet in Final Fantasy 6. EDIT: beaten again.

quote:

He know's Garr. He was standing right at the edge of the forrest and saw us enter the screen.

No apostrophe on knows, it's not a possessive. And forest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Volume posted:

"What do you mean what?! Did you seriously think I'd be happy with this little money?! I bet I can get at least 50,000 gald if I put this thing up for auction!"

Rutee yoinks another 5,000 Gald from him. God drat, Rutee! Where were you when I handed in that guy's passport?

"Well, I'll let you go this time."

I like ya, kid, ya got moxie.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Wow, it's really impressive that they bothered to add a secret ending for winning that crazy fight.

"Jeepers! Well, gentlemen and sirs, as you can see, we didn't know that."

Rutee is the best character. (Sorry, Mary.)

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I don't think I ever get tired of seeing eventual romantic leads squabbling. :allears:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
That scene with everyone talking to the swords and confusing the bishop was great. It's easy to forget that only users can hear the swords.

I really like the water effects, and the big hole in the wall with the scenic overlook.

Rutee and Philia.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I think this is where the last LP Left off. I completely forgot about the Sea Dragon dungeon.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Leon, Rutee

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Well, they have to set up the romance arc somehow, it's not the best way I've seen, but it's not too terrible. And good job on Leon for being a bit clever.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I wonder what Karyl the bard will do in combat. Oh, and bring Rutee along as well.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I was half-expecting Philia to have been inexplicably kidnapped by the time we got back to where we left her.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Rutee and Philia.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Is there a dead body in the lens shop that Stahn didn't think was worth commenting on?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
That does not seem to have gone so well.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Glazius posted:

Well, I suppose it's useful for everybody to know how to turn the Captain's brainwashing back on.

Kind of weird that messing with memories is just... a thing you can do, I guess?

Deliberate brainwashing/messing with memories is at least better writing than random-event-causes-plot-convenient-amnesia.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
It's neat that even the OP is learning something new about the game.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Yet another dungeon? Does this one at least have a boss at the end?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
What a tremendous dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Good to see this isn't dead.

Interesting that Garr decided "this dangerous thing should probably be destroyed", and very surprising that Leon didn't take that personally.

• Locked thread