Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dunno if anyone else is reading it but finished the baseball stadium chapters of Platinum End and they made me sick to my stomach, it was great. Just so fear and stress inducing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Who's the Wendy?

Also the Hiro explained the Happy thing. Namely it was originally going to be a new character then he realized it was just going to be basically happy and so decided to just have it be happy.

But yes he also likes making References to his old works.

Old post but:

https://edenszero.fandom.com/wiki/Homura_Kōgetsu

For some reason it doesn’t work if I directly link it so just copy/paste.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 25, 2020

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Dunno if anyone else is reading it but finished the baseball stadium chapters of Platinum End and they made me sick to my stomach, it was great. Just so fear and stress inducing.

I remember reading a part on mangastream. I thought it was intruiging. I later on noticed that Mangaplus also has, but there's a big gap between what I have read and what they have so I didn't pick it back up again. :(

Dawgstar posted:

There's a Mashima sale at Comixology so I jumped on a bunch of the early trades and I'm enjoying it. Not as much as I did with Fairy Tail but that series also took some time to get off to wild fights. Also it doesn't have an Erza.*

*Well, it has Elsie Scarlet who is Erza-with-an-eyepatch but she's not in the main cast.
There's no way she isn't joining later.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which, has Eden’s Zero gotten an anime adaptation yet? I heard there’s one coming at least but I don’t recall when it’s supposed to start.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, has Eden’s Zero gotten an anime adaptation yet? I heard there’s one coming at least but I don’t recall when it’s supposed to start.

I don't think it's been anything more than announced.

It would be funny if they got the same voice actors to play their analogue roles again.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

I don't think it's been anything more than announced.

It would be funny if they got the same voice actors to play their analogue roles again.

I am almost 100% certain that’s going to happen for at least a few of them (like Happy for example).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Part of me kinda wants the inevatable dub to have Tia Ballard (Happy's VA) use the same metal bowl used to dub Alphonse in FMA whenever he's more obviously a robot.

Partly cause it fits and parly cause I want that little bit of movie triva to never die.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Larryb posted:

I am almost 100% certain that’s going to happen for at least a few of them (like Happy for example).

I hope so. More Colleen Clinkenbeard is always good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Old post but:

https://edenszero.fandom.com/wiki/Homura_Kōgetsu

For some reason it doesn’t work if I directly link it so just copy/paste.

Homura does not even look like Wendy other than Hair color. Personality is way different too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth TNT posted:

There's no way she isn't joining later.

She is an ally, but I don't think she will join the main cast.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Homura does not even look like Wendy other than Hair color. Personality is way different too.

Yeah, on second glance fair enough. Nevermind (though Lucy and Erza definitely got their designs reused at least).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well yes Elise Crimson is for sure a reference to Erza Scarlet.

Rebecca and Lucy have some differences design wise, but she is fairly clearly inspired by Lucy.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The guy has written the same series like ten times lol I don’t think he’s looking far for inspiration

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EmmyOk posted:

The guy has written the same series like ten times lol I don’t think he’s looking far for inspiration

I mean, why change what obviously works for you?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Honestly I like Mashima just kind of owns re-using character designs and goes on record for saying "Yeah, I introduced these people but I don't really have an idea for them yet." Least he's honest.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Look I will take any number of Erzas and Lucys.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Honestly I like Mashima just kind of owns re-using character designs and goes on record for saying "Yeah, I introduced these people but I don't really have an idea for them yet." Least he's honest.

If it worked for Tezuka and the shaman king guy.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
More Path of Radiance: https://twitch.tv/avengerstar
We will be opening with a few words in memoriam for the nameless Begnion soldier who gave his life so we didn't lose two hours of progress.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

Ask and ye shall receive

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1309856672458977281?s=20

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

chumbler posted:

Look I will take any number of Erzas and Lucys.

What got my atention on Fairy Tail in the first place was reading an interview with Mashima in that anime/manga magazine Wizard used to put out and he said his favorite character was Erza which felt pretty rare for a shonen battle guy to say his favorite character was a woman.

And she is pretty rad, so it worked out.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

What got my atention on Fairy Tail in the first place was reading an interview with Mashima in that anime/manga magazine Wizard used to put out and he said his favorite character was Erza which felt pretty rare for a shonen battle guy to say his favorite character was a woman.

Sadly that did not stop him from giving her the worst canon ship in the world.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Several Eden's Zero characters have different personalities from the Fairy Tail characters with similar designs. Rebecca is both sillier and more bloodthirsty than Lucy, for example.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

Several Eden's Zero characters have different personalities from the Fairy Tail characters with similar designs. Rebecca is both sillier and more bloodthirsty than Lucy, for example.

Homura does not even look like Wendy design wise however.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Homura does not even look like Wendy design wise however.

The hairstyle and face looked kind of similar to me at first but otherwise, yeah, you’re right. Seeing her in color, there are a few minor visual differences between Rebecca and Lucy as well

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

chumbler posted:

Sadly that did not stop him from giving her the worst canon ship in the world.

Do they end up together? I haven't started the 100 Years Quest stuff. Uninteresting but sort of inevitable.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Do they end up together? I haven't started the 100 Years Quest stuff. Uninteresting but sort of inevitable.

Don’t remember but read 100 Years Quest, it seems better paced than vintage Fairy Tail at least.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Verndio Ch. 2

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Holy poo poo the punchline at the end of this week's Roboco was fantastic, hardest I've laughed at the series yet.

The localization also continues to be very impressive!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The cairn/Karen bit was very good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kodansha has announced that Shaman King (the entire regular series) is coming to Comixology on October 6th, Shaman King Zero on Oct 13th, Flowers on Oct 20th, Red Crimson Oct 27th and Super Star on Dec 8th. They'll all be on Comixology Unlimited and Kindle Unlimited.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

On this most recent chapter of Spacey Tale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNtz05bhI1k

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I just laugh at how this series makes fun of the usual tropes. “Can we please stop bringing people who tried to kill us aboard?”
“Friends?!” :qq:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Another chapter of Shaman King: Marcos and it's still a good series

The sunday updates also went without much fanfare but Jujutsu Kaisen loving owned. Get dunked on Mahito

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wait, I thought Flowers was the most recent series in that? What’s Marcos about and how long has it been going on?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Larryb posted:

Wait, I thought Flowers was the most recent series in that? What’s Marcos about and how long has it been going on?

When it went from Shuisha to Kodansha Flowers became SuperStar

Marcos about the X-Laws trying to save Jeanne's soul and looking for Marco.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Larryb posted:

Marcos is the most recent of them, started this year. The basic plot is that in the wake of events from Flowers/Crimson Red; the X-laws have mobilized to search for Marco who has gone missing. Including the last member to be introduced, Hans Reinhart, who was previously exiled but working with the group again. He heads to Mexico to follow a lead and winds up meeting death herself.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Marcos is the most recent of them, started this year. The basic plot is that in the wake of events from Flowers/Crimson Red; the X-laws have mobilized to search for Marco who has gone missing. Including the last member to be introduced, Hans Reinhart, who was previously exiled but working with the group again. He heads to Mexico to follow a lead and winds up meeting death herself.

Neat, is Super Star still going? And if so, is it any good?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Larryb posted:

Neat, is Super Star still going? And if so, is it any good?

IT's still ongoing although the english scans haven't updated in a while. Last I'd read it was better than what I'd seen in flowers and introduced the !Anna of the series properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Dawgstar posted:

I got into Fairy Tail when Jason Thompson asked me if I had read it. Later I found out that Mashima had written Jason into the series as the journalist that pops up a few times.