Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Wow, so I'm not the only one who read Black Cat. It's a pity the "Part 2" was never written; it would have been interesting to see what seems like the obvious direction to go in: the Chronos Elders becoming the new villains as they try to salvage Creed's nanotech research in order to become immortal god-kings themselves, while the guy with blood powers seeks out a surviving Taoist exilir-maker to create a new group to fight them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

A Sometimes Food posted:

So I got the Jump app for well spending six months inside and I've devoured Chainsawman, Spy X Family, Jujutsu Kaisen, MHA. Wasn't a huge fan of Neverland after the first arc.

What else is good?

Have you checked out Act-Age?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

A Sometimes Food posted:

So I got the Jump app for well spending six months inside and I've devoured Chainsawman, Spy X Family, Jujutsu Kaisen, MHA. Wasn't a huge fan of Neverland after the first arc.

What else is good?

Read World Trigger, it’s my favorite sports manga. It takes awhile for the author to figure out what’s most compelling about it, but it does eventually gets into a good rhythm.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

super-redguy posted:

Act Age is still missing chapters 7-45

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

nrook posted:

Read World Trigger, it’s my favorite sports manga. It takes awhile for the author to figure out what’s most compelling about it, but it does eventually gets into a good rhythm.

I like World Trigger too. Despite the basic premise not really making sense (Border is somehow simultaneously a military organization fighting off alien invasions and an after-school sports club), the details of the setting (most obviously the characters' weapons/powers, but also more mundane things like the layout of the rooms where they meet) are very well thought-out. The focus is generally on team rather than individual fights, and the main character isn't even particularly strong, which is an interesting approach.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

A Sometimes Food posted:

What else is good?

Doctor Stone, maybe Golden Kamuy if it's on the app.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

A Sometimes Food posted:

Was gonna wait for the anime for that. loving netflix.

Read both of those. Really dug them though so like, not a bad thought; thanks. And couldn't hurt to reread. I'd forgotten about Black Cat entirely. Most of the archive stuff from the 2000s I'll probably have read or tried. Probably shoulda said. So I guess older than that or fairly new. Is Mashle good? I'm real sick of strong dude beats magic but is it funny enough to try anyway?

Mashle is good so far and the premise is a vehicle to deliver gags more than anything else. Its a light read anyways.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

super-redguy posted:

As someone else mentioned not complete on the app yet so I'm waiting on it. Looks fun though.

nrook posted:

Never even heard of this. Seems good so far cheers.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Doctor Stone, maybe Golden Kamuy if it's on the app.

The first didn't gel with me. The second's not on the app but I did like the anime.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Mashle is good so far and the premise is a vehicle to deliver gags more than anything else. Its a light read anyways.

Rad that's what I wanted to hear.

Thanks all.

Also man. Yu Yu Hakusho has volumes on there for sale but no browsable chapters. Lame.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

A Sometimes Food posted:

What else is good?

demon slayer is good, and seems to be just about wrapped up plotwise.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

A Sometimes Food posted:

As someone else mentioned not complete on the app yet so I'm waiting on it. Looks fun though.

Never even heard of this. Seems good so far cheers.

The first didn't gel with me. The second's not on the app but I did like the anime.

Rad that's what I wanted to hear.

Thanks all.

Also man. Yu Yu Hakusho has volumes on there for sale but no browsable chapters. Lame.

Time to install the naver webtoons app and read tower of god

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
If you like Supernatural Thrillers, Summer Time Rendering is extremely good.

It seems to be wrapping up sometime soon.

Also, Blue Flag is worth reading if you want a story about a group of teens navigating through life and love. It's also good if you want to see manga teens debate views on sexuality and gender roles. It's having a kinda shaky ending right now, but all the stuff before has been compelling relationship drama stuff.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

OneDeadman posted:

If you like Supernatural Thrillers, Summer Time Rendering is extremely good.

Can you actually read that? Last time I looked there was only the first 3 + latest 3 with no way to read inbetween.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i know a week? ago i looked at it and everything seemed to be there

started reading today and i'm about ten chapters in without any skips so far. man it is a weird series

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Everyone should read Golden Kamuy. Even if you don't like manga you should read it. It's that good.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

dogsicle posted:

i know a week? ago i looked at it and everything seemed to be there

started reading today and i'm about ten chapters in without any skips so far. man it is a weird series

I think it's a region thing.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
It also feels like it's a weird thing where they'll randomly take away chapter availability?

Because there's been definite times where i've been able to read all the chapters between the first and last 3 chapters?

:shrug:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The penultimate Silver Spoon

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Glad things are wrapping up although a timeskip feels like it's making things more abrupt than could have happened. Last page reminds me of the ending to Memories of Murder Hachiken just standing out there in the wheat field, suit in hand

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You should all be nicer to Second Best Girl Rizu.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Agravity Boys' plot feels a little "gonna be canceled" but that's the way Shonen Jump goes I guess.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

Agravity Boys' plot feels a little "gonna be canceled" but that's the way Shonen Jump goes I guess.

If it does get cancelled, then I'm not sorry. It's been a fun ride while it lasted. But the way this story is structured (IE 0 structure) this could also be according to plan. :shrug:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

New Agravity Boys chapter is up!

Out of all the things to happen, I never could have guessed that Baba, Geralt and Grislow joining a band of space pirates would be one of them. While HB didn't teleport the three back because they're being a dick, I did love their reasoning for it. :allears:

And I guess that's the end of Zipman? It tried so hard to provide a nice conclusion for everything, but it was just hard to care in the end.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

amigolupus posted:

Out of all the things to happen, I never could have guessed that Baba, Geralt and Grislow joining a band of space pirates would be one of them. While HB didn't teleport the three back because they're being a dick, I did love their reasoning for it. :allears:

I completely forgot that Baba, Geralt, and Grislow got arrested so I cracked up at that introduction. I was expecting another heart warming ending about friendship like the last chapter but nope, prison break one day before release and SPACE PIRATES and BOUNTY HUNTERS.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
UndeadxUnluck continues to grow on me because Andy is a really good character. It's like a really good synergy of being legitimately kind/considerate while also being batshit crazy and competent.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You should all be nicer to Second Best Girl Rizu.

Second best in her own arc

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Agronox posted:

Second best in her own arc

tbh if we keeping it a buck, Fumino is also in this arc and wellllll...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

UndeadxUnluck continues to grow on me because Andy is a really good character. It's like a really good synergy of being legitimately kind/considerate while also being batshit crazy and competent.

I legitimately don't know how we got from Ch 1's godawful introduction of This Brick wall of a man to selfsame fighting a full on Evangelion Angel that imposes Jojo stand rules to turn them into zombies.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ConanThe3rd posted:

I legitimately don't know how we got from Ch 1's godawful introduction of This Brick wall of a man to selfsame fighting a full on Evangelion Angel that imposes Jojo stand rules to turn them into zombies.

yeah that series got so much better once the introductions were out of the way

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
We Never Learn: Ghost Matchmaker.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lol that in her own route, Rizu plays second fiddle to ghost girl and Fumino.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

amigolupus posted:

And I guess that's the end of Zipman? It tried so hard to provide a nice conclusion for everything, but it was just hard to care in the end.

This is still going strong and stupid.

And HB being a dick with a point was awesome.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

It's amazing how uninteresting Rizu is as a character. Even in her own arc there are at least three prominently-featured girls who are better than her. (Though two of them aren't interested in Nariyuki.)

Mikl fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 6, 2020

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I’m still really hoping for a Sekijo end with Rizu.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The Ogata arc would be way better if instead of being a “what if she got together with Nariyuki” arc it was just “what wacky hijinks do Ogata and Sekijo get up to with their ghost roommate” with Nariyuki making cameo appearances at most.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

There's always the recently released OVA
This is just Sekijou's fantasy

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Nope, it's canon now :colbert:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Omedetou, Sekijo.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Soukyou no Ariadne
Is finally out of the gauntlet of nothing but fighting and the plot kicks back into high gear. I love this series.

Like Lululola removing her eyepatch to go swimming. :allears: And that which seems like just fanservice was in fact an actual plotpoint.

EDIT: :D wrong link...very wrong link

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Apr 8, 2020

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It’s weird for them to put the true canon ending of We Never Learn in an anime OVA and not the manga, but I’m not complaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Darth TNT posted:

Soukyou no Ariadne
Is finally out of the gauntlet of nothing but fighting and the plot kicks back into high gear. I love this series.

Like Lululola removing her eyepatch to go swimming. :allears: And that which seems like just fanservice was in fact an actual plotpoint.

I don't think that's the link you meant to post.

Also SnA is totally in the same world as Claymore at this point right?