Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Meanwhile, back at Fairy Tail IN SPACE...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I enjoy how aggressively itself all of Mashima's stuff is to the point I don't actually care if it's any good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
And speaking of Fairy Tail... some stuff is happening in the sequel.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mulderman posted:

2. Female main character does not get a fight but has to deal with some fetish freak(s)? Check!

She immediately starts shooting at the perverts instead of just making a bunch of crazy reaction faces, so that's kinda new.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sharkopath posted:

Space Tail is a really fun comic with lively art but its lacking something intangible.

Yeah, Space Gray and Space Ezra.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This week on Space Fairy Tail we resolve time paradoxes by creating new ones and Space Ezra finally turns up.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Space Tail's latest chapter could easily be retitled AND THEN A SKELETON POPPED OUT.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Darth TNT posted:

edit: Space tale
That was quick with the powerup mode.

And then Space Erza was a... Octopus Skull Thing?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ConanThe3rd posted:

New Eden Zero is out (on comixology, can’t find a link, sorry) and I love Hiro’s big dumb simultaneous love letter to the Tezuka Star System and RPGs.

Yeah, I enjoy how Space Lucy is just Wizard Elie and if he does another comic she'll become Insert-Situation-Here Rebecca.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Escanor is cool and good and I've only read as far as just after his introduction when that giant maze shows up.

Also this week's Fairy Tail Sequel (as opposed to Fairy Tail 2.0 IN SPACE) is all creepy Erza bikini bondage and I don't like it despite the whole Erza bikini part. Then again, I still keep thinking her name is actually Ezra so whatever.

Seriously, why couldn't her name be translated as Elsa? It would make things so much easier. Even Elza would do.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The whole furniture thing was supposed to be horrifying but I kept remembering a crazy fetishist from an F Plus episode who wanted to roleplay that exact thing, so I couldn't stop laughing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Angry Grimace posted:

Why is there a manga about a perverted Michaelangelo's David as a Japanese high schooler trying to hook up with Botticeli's The Birth of Venus

Why wouldn't there be?

I wonder if these sorts of mangas result from bar bets. Like one author bets another they couldn't get a manga about various anthropomorphized pasta dishes fighting cavemen in the Old West accepted for publication.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 27, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ConanThe3rd posted:

Was an issue of Eden’s Zero supposed to come out today? I could have sworn it was supposed to and I’ve been charged but I can’t find it in the app.

It's out.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Meanwhile in Space Tail, everyone enters an MMORPG to save a robot.

Still enjoying this.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man, Gintama is a heady mix of completely insular cultural references, historical events I only vaguely understand because of Golden Kamuy, translation notes that indicate when jokes don't translate right, and comedic lunacy. And that penguin-duck thing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I appreciate Edens Zero's dedication to being its own stupid self.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The newest Fairy Tail Sequel has a very large dragon in it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Finally finished catching up with We Never Learn so I've switched to Seven Deadly Sins and Ban and Meliodas are arguing about their girlfriends while fighting bird monsters in a Wile E. Coyote cartoon landscape hell maze.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Sep 7, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ConanThe3rd posted:

To be honest that’s an accurate description of that comic. Meliodas and Ban being a couple of frat bros is easily the best thing about it.

One thing I truly appreciate in manga is plots that you can't describe to someone without sounding like a lunatic, and Seven Deadly Sins delivers.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Here lies Nariyuki, he never learned.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Not that anyone cares, but in the latest Fairy Tail Sequel Erza broke Jellal out of being hypnotized by the main villain through what can only be called the power of blueballs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Darth TNT posted:

I stopped reading it because I had no idea what was going on, everything seemed overwrought and the fanservice? totally not sex was annoying.
I'm still reading Space Tale though.

I'm still reading it because I'm a sucker for Natsu being dumb and punching things.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
We Never Learn? This week it's more like We Can't Shokugeki.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mraagvpeine posted:

Gonna have to be specific here.

The adorable one with the personality quirks.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Meanwhile in Fairy Tail Sequel Cana wasn't actually mind controlled because she was too drunk, and Laxus defeated one of the story's villains through the power of his low self esteem. So, y'know, same old, same old.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That dumb manga's existence was almost justified by a character straight up calling a villain of the week a moron with a stupid plan.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah, I'm interested in where this is going, reset button or not.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
We Never Learn Solid: Guns of the Study Group

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm glad both Obvious Winner Uruka and my favorite girl get their own endings.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dexo posted:

Fumino and Nariyuki have powerful platonic BFF energy.

B-but they kissed

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Shut up all of you Fumino is the best girl

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I started reading Bleach recently after knowing only that it falls apart towards the end. About where should I stop reading?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The translation of Kuinshi as Quincy makes me laugh because all I can think of is Jack Klugman.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 13, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I mean, my favorite character so far is Chad simply because as a giant musclehunk with flowing hair called Chad he's retroactively hilarious in 2020. Nothing the story does can take that away.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Holy poo poo the number of characters just loving quadrupled.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Don't expect any of them to get, like, character arcs.

I'm honestly shocked that an obvious fanservice character was introduced then completely forgotten about for fifty or so chapters.

Also every time the dudes discuss how strong and gigantic their swords are I can't stop reading things into it. Like it's almost deliberate on Kubo's part that it sounds like literal dick measuring.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 14, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man, I can't believe scary-looking glasses guy and that dude with the creepy serial killer smile both turned out to be secretly evil. Unprecedented!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

dordreff posted:

which one there are like four of these

Rangiku.

Also I read a bunch more and now my new favorite character is the visor dude who looks like Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid in a white tuxedo.

EDIT: This also might be my imagination but Rukia seems to have lost about a foot in height over the course of the story. I don't remember her being this tiny in the first few chapters.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 14, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MonsterEnvy posted:

Shocked you figured Aizen's evil out. Most people thought he was a nice looking guy who got killed early on.

His first appearance was in a room full of monster-looking dudes all talking ominously about Rukia's geegaw or however it's spelled. Then he shows up in Soul Society and does nothing before getting nailed to a wall.

Then again I've been speeding through this in huge chunks instead of once a week, so it probably seems more obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

InspectorCarbonara posted:

The ghost returning was fun, but man this is weird.

Weirdly awesome, you mean.